+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which One?

Which One?

I was just wondering what everyone would choose. Lets say you have the power to deleted threads on fourms which one would you delete and which one would you leave open and just ignore.

1. A thread where people are cussing and fighting with each other like crazy and saying kinda racist things about other peoples race?

or

2. A thread where everyone is on the same page no ones fighting with each other but instead telling the truth about your company?
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

of course the #2 ill leave open, but gms here deletet hat type of pages to not lookbad as a company.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    I was just wondering what everyone would choose. Lets say you have the power to deleted threads on fourms which one would you delete and which one would you leave open and just ignore.

1. A thread where people are cussing and fighting with each other like crazy and saying kinda racist things about other peoples race?

or

2. A thread where everyone is on the same page no ones fighting with each other but instead telling the truth about your company?
    In any discussion board there will be differences of opinion. That is what they are for. If people are all sitting around the campfire, totally agreeing with what the other guys are saying and singing kumbayah, then there really no discussion going on and the conversation gets boring after a few posts. No discussions = pointless discussion board.

When people voice differences of opinions they get passionate. When several people get passionate they start losing sight of manners and things get out of hand. That is why there are moderators, deleted threads and bans. Each board has its tolerance of how passionate or inflammatory they will let a forum get before they step in and start cleaning it up. If things get out of hand on my own board, I clean it up too. For some things my tolerance is pretty high, for others it is pretty low. Part of the fun of a discussion board is to find out what those tolerances is and to stay just below them

This is PlayWith Interactive's discussion board. They have their own tolerance how much rage & bile they will allow and handle it as they see fit. The people they handle may not like it (they seldom do regardless of the board), but it is PWI's board. Anyone that really doesn't like they way they control or censor their board has the option of not using it. There is no point at all getting upset over it.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    In any discussion board there will be differences of opinion. That is what they are for. If people are all sitting around the campfire, totally agreeing with what the other guys are saying and singing kumbayah, then there really no discussion going on and the conversation gets boring after a few posts. No discussions = pointless discussion board.

When people voice differences of opinions they get passionate. When several people get passionate they start losing sight of manners and things get out of hand. That is why there are moderators, deleted threads and bans. Each board has its tolerance of how passionate or inflammatory they will let a forum get before they step in and start cleaning it up. If things get out of hand on my own board, I clean it up too. For some things my tolerance is pretty high, for others it is pretty low. Part of the fun of a discussion board is to find out what those tolerances is and to stay just below them

This is PlayWith Interactive's discussion board. They have their own tolerance how much rage & bile they will allow and handle it as they see fit. The people they handle may not like it (they seldom do regardless of the board), but it is PWI's board. Anyone that really doesn't like they way they control or censor their board has the option of not using it. There is no point at all getting upset over it.

Where in anything that I said do you get there is no point at all getting upset over it? Its a simple question 1 or 2 lol
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

. 3 .

What is the point of this? Are you trying to tell PlayWithI something? What possible value is this information to you?
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-12-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post

or

If it was my company, and usually employees sign that the info they get about business decisions etc. are confidential, of course I'd ban the second thread because it could affect my profits, my good will, reliability, credibility etc.

On the other hand, if people behave like crazy and fight on my corporate forum, what do you think I should do?

For players it's just a game, for GMs it's their job, so naturally they see all this from different angle.
    Most companies link some interesting topics or provide space for discussion about everyday life, but they have the right to close it or ban it because, after all, they pay for this server space.

Quote Originally Posted by svemoguca View Post
    If it was my company, and usually employees sign that the info they get about business decisions etc. are confidential, of course I'd ban the second thread because it could affect my profits, my good will, reliability, credibility etc.

On the other hand, if people behave like crazy and fight on my corporate forum, what do you think I should do?

For players it's just a game, for GMs it's their job, so naturally they see all this from different angle.
    Most companies link some interesting topics or provide space for discussion about everyday life, but they have the right to close it or ban it because, after all, they pay for this server space.

That's what I was wanting to see if I was just looking at it the wrong way or not. Personally I would delete #1 because when a post gets to the point of making fun of other peoples race it should be deleted period. I would rather leave #2 open because people will not judge something 100% based on what other people say because trolls etc. They will judge by your actual performance so deleting post doesn't stop that lol.

All of you who are still playing have seen YNK/PW's true intentions (raping your wallet/bank account), yet you still continue to wallow in the muck and scum of what this game has become. I pity you pleb bums.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post
    All of you who are still playing have seen YNK/PW's true intentions (raping your wallet/bank account), yet you still continue to wallow in the muck and scum of what this game has become. I pity you pleb bums.
    Yea I don't play anymore because really what am I missing out on? The solo pve or 3 class pvp or near a thousand dollar requirement? However I do want the game to get a old server where its play to win not pay to win but really don't think that will ever happen. There's a 99 cap private server coming soon and it already has 1700+ likes so yea people want that maybe not the ones that are still playing but the ones that quit.

I know what private server you are talking about and frankly it is is looking every bit as likely to happen as another one I know of that never materialized.

Lots of promises, delaying opening, not committing dates and simply stringing folks along. Don't hold your breath on it. If it does actually open these guys will prolly get it shut down within a month. I can pretty much guarantee it will not live up to the hype they have been putting out there.