+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Player count

Player count

Can someone update me on the current active playercount of this server?
    Jainus that is (you know, with the epics/upgrades).

The current state of affairs of this server, would be great.
    (populated area's.. guild wars.. etc.)

Thanks.

I uninstalled the game the same day i saw the new upgrds so sorry that i cant help :l
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Lel, I wonder how he got banned so fast.

Well, he didn't exactly keep who he was a secret and wasn't done letting staff know his displeasure after being given a timeout on an alt acct. that usually results in another quickie ban.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by xDeadlyPhoenix View Post
    Can someone update me on the current active playercount of this server?
    Jainus that is (you know, with the epics/upgrades).

The current state of affairs of this server, would be great.
    (populated area's.. guild wars.. etc.)

Thanks.
    I just know the player base at the beginning was estimated at 300.000 and today, according to my own calculations, would be max “epic 300”.
    Why max 300? Because judging from the em, where you have max 1000 items on sale, let’s say 300 people are selling 2-4 items on average.
    Also, big guilds have on average 100 members, but it’s always 10 active players max or less, and the rest are their alts and alts of their mortal enemies
    However, when I saw full binds this weekend, I hope there are much more active players and those who just log from time to time.
    The number 300 refers to people who log and play every single day, use em/im and forum every day buy upgrades and are serious about this game.
    There could be thousands of those who just drop by and I don't know how to attract these to join.
    Last edited by Galactica; 07-12-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: After seeing lots of people this weekend...

Unfortunately it is not possible to estimate the number of players in the game since it is not possible to look in all maps & dungeons at the same time to count them.

The main server program (called a map server) shows how many people have sessions (are logged in) at any given time while it is running but PWI will never disclose this information to us.

Private servers often use database lookups to find out how many characters are logged in and puts it up on their website because for private servers showing more players online will draw more players (snowball effect).

Showing less players online has the opposite effect. Private servers can get by with lower populations than official servers so showing a lower number like 300 would be fine for them.

PWI does not publicize this value because doing so would be embarrassingly low for an official server. 300 is not fine for an official server and scares players away.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-11-2015 at 03:43 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Yes, I totally agree with you and your arguments.

From this page it can be seen that on average 60 people are online on forums/em/im. Considering time zones, that could be doubled or tripled and again we come to 300 active players.
    Of course, I'd be happy if there are more and I hope I'm wrong.

As I said in my post about players reactions, they can't maint servers and personnel without some input from players. It's a nice game, designed and made in a professional way, devised as a free game by its creators and could have lived endlessly with players like me, but instead chose a pay to win alternative which in short-term helps you pay your bills, but in the long run has this logical and painful outcome for all parties involved.
    Last edited by Galactica; 07-11-2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Change of facts

Does this one count? LOL

Players populatins must drop badly again, cuz they do what they can to sell less for more. Just look at "Platinum Party Pack 30days" we had there 400% seal 30days for solo players - 2,799 RPs /5,599 E-Cash
    And now they sell "Special Boost Package" with same 400% seal but 7days LOL for only - 1,499 RPs /2,999 E-Cash , so U must buy 4x 7days package for 5,996 Rps / 11,996 Ecash. instead 1x"Platinum Party Pack 30days"
    Gz for strategy, Idiots will buy this in TONS considering how poor EXP we have in this game

Quote Originally Posted by michal211 View Post
    Players populatins must drop badly again, cuz they do what they can to sell less for more. Just look at "Platinum Party Pack 30days" we had there 400% seal 30days for solo players - 2,799 RPs /5,599 E-Cash
    And now they sell "Special Boost Package" with same 400% seal but 7days LOL for only - 1,499 RPs /2,999 E-Cash , so U must buy 4x 7days package for 5,996 Rps / 11,996 Ecash. instead 1x"Platinum Party Pack 30days"
    Gz for strategy, Idiots will buy this in TONS considering how poor EXP we have in this game
    they actually double the price lol before 799rps/1799ecash just saying