+ Reply to Thread

The Upgrade WPN sale (7/7 - 14/2K15) - Which one of the statements are true?

To any GM who is reviewing this:

After 7/7/2K15's maintenance, just review the forums that there will be another UPG Split Weapon pieces sale for this week. Got on the forums like usual to check it out the dates and other info, and found out that the proposed stats on the pieces aren't the same as they were seven months ago. On top of that, the UPG Split Axe pieces were not mentioned and aren't on the Item Mall at all.

Here's my big question to all of this before I buy any of the current UPG Split WPN pcs. (it's a 3-parter, by the way):

Are these new stats on this link really true?
    http://rohan.playrohan.com/forum_action.asp?t=25416

Will the UPG Split Axe pieces be back either as they are or revised sometime in the future?

And are the new stats on the revised UPG Split WPN pieces going to be temporarily or forever?

Reason why I asked these questions is that when I buy my chosen UPG WPN pcs. to make my new Serpent/Glacial Split WPN of my choice, wanted to make sure are they going to be the old stats or the newly revised ones. On top of that (with a selfish pleasure on my end)... I also wanted to make an 75% or higher in DMG Drop UPG Serpent/Glacial Split Axe for my Defender. Sadly... they're not on there for this sale. Will be patiently waiting on that answer. And I know that others are asking either the same or similar question about the revised stats too.
    EdWunclerSr - LVL 97 Templar <Jainus [Syrephis]> (inactive, using him as a buffer until acquiring powerful ACCs)
    BushidoBrown - LVL 106 Predator <Jainus [Syrephis]> (inactive)
    BlackChocolate - LVL 51 Savage <Jainus [Syrephis]> (inactive)
    LadyGripeNasty - LVL 115+10 Avenger <Jainus [Jin]> (only pop up on weekends, war, and events)
    GermaineEndez - LVL 50 Wizard <Jainus [Jin]> (inactive)
    EdWunclerJr - LVL 50 Dragon Fighter going Dragon Sage <Isen> (planning on selling)

What is there to question? O.o Or rather, what can't you accept about the sale?

They can sell whatever they're told told to sell, and name things whatever they want. They can change anything, anytime. You agreed to let them do so, by playing their game. So, they just redefined your "upgrade," and you want a previous version? Well there's no guarantee about past sales, or future ones. All that you, as a player, knows is that the listed stats are what they are currently selling. As dismal as this sounds, what you view as "what a way to piss people off," some guy pulling the strings views as "what a way to make people spend!"

Colors <3

What you are failing to realize is that when the players don't agree with what the game publisher is doing, they can choose not to play that game.
    Here is a player that is questioning the game publisher's strategy. If no answer is forthcoming, that player may choose to not play this game any further.

When enough players do that, the game publisher stops making money.

When the game publisher stops making money, they have 2 choices to make:

1. Entice players go come, stay and spend money. It is not enough simply to draw new players. They have to entice those new players to stay and spend money.
    2. close the game.

Since game publishers usually would prefer any option except for (2), it behooves them to work with their player community to give them what the majority of them are asking for.

It appears that by releasing yet more upgrades, and making those new upgrades even more idiotic than the last round, they are not interested in enticing people to come back and spend moneyh. THey are more interested in milking the dried up cow that is the remaining players here. As one other noted respondent here has already said - milking a dried up cow accomplishes nothing but making that cow mad.

The remaining Rohan player community is pretty much a dried up cow. They have already given to this game the megabucks they intended to. If this game has any hope of surviving much longer, the game publishers here should be focusing on gaining, and retaining new players. Releasing yet more unbalancing items into the game is not accomplishing that goal.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-09-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

On the contrary, I would argue that they're directing this sale towards new/returning players. Previously, 4x weapons were considered unattainable for newer players due to the high prices they called for on the EM. Now, they're able to charge $80 to create the "even more idiotic" weapons that old players won't have. As for returning players, why would they hold a sale right after the "Return to Rohan" event?

I decided to poke around the game since it's summer break...and I'm bored...and to my surprise, there were multiple parties at Roha, one of the previously-empty lowbie spots. Though there are many players who have played for a long time, or just haven't quit through all this time, there are also new people. In that "Guide for Newbies/Returning Players" (that's actually pretty well done), a guy posted information about pets' statistics. That guy's obviously new, as he thought his information was a helpful discovery...

The existing, previously big-spending players have spent their share already. They have lots of rps and/or valuable items they can trade and exchange. Game publishers won't earn that much by "milking" or pleasing you. As you've said yourself, the "remaining" players are a "dried up cow." New players, however, haven't become as jaded. With these new weapons, they can quickly catch up. They won't have the assets to sell 20k worth of stuff on the EM. Thus, the "newer" upgrades are directed towards them.

And finally as for the game closing, if the average variable cost of running the game is greater than their marginal revenue, then it makes more sense to close the game. Well, the game hasn't closed as prophesied the past idk-how-many years, so the day-to-day expenses are still less than the money they're bringing in (with long-term development costs as unknown fixed costs).

P.S. I'm just bored, argument for argument's sake, no hard feelings. ^^

Colors <3

lol nothing wrong with posting different views in a discussion forum. That is what they are for! T'would be a really boring place if all anyone said was nothing more than agreeing with everyone else. So feel free to have at me whenever you are bored!
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

beware Gms will delete the Thread like they do with mine cuz everyone asking what happened with the upg lol
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me