+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5101 blehh

Unhappy 5101 blehh

Well I tried to play Rohan once before(open beta) but about every 4 min i'd DC and get an error message saying "error 5101" and so I rage quit. Now years later with a different compy and hopes of playing Im getting the same "error 5101" message and then i DC. >.< i would really like to play so does anyone have a way to fix this. O ya and im playing on the Divinity server
    Last edited by Technerd; 06-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

o and now it wont even let me log into the game. -.-

It could be your antivirus software. Try disabling your antivirus right before you log into the game (and enable it right after you're done). See if that helps.

PumpkinPie (MattysPie) - 99 Priest - Original Esoteric - TURNED TEMPLAR 4/12/2010 -->Forever
    CherryPie - 99 Priest - Masters -->Forever

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Damn, won't even let you rage-quit I bet - by time you get to rage-quiting it autodc's on you saying:"muahah in ya face!"

But yeah, like Shampoo said: turn down your antivirus completely (and your firewall as well if it doesn't help), your interwebz connection must be good as well
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Well I tried to play by shutting my virus protection off and my firewall but I got to play no more than 3min into the game then got the 5101 error message. :/

Since Runtime error 5101 is related to missing DLL files, you can re-register the registry list to fix Runtime error 5101 issue. For example, if you encounter Runtime error 5101 at dll files, to re-register the file, please do this:
    1. Click Start-Run
    2. Type in regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dllfile Download Repair tools
    3. Re-start your computer

Actually error 5101 is a connection related issue according to the support suite. It is suggested you check your connection if you play on wireless this might be why your constantly dcing. Ill quote the support suite and add it in a few secs -opens support suite-

The 5101 error is a general disconnect error. There can be many issues that would cause this.
    Having a poor connection between us and you.
    Being on a weak wireless connection.
    Players will receive this error when they have sat on the character selection too long and will be disconnected.
    Too many players are on the servers
    Player is unable to connect to the servers.
    Route/gateway/firewall is interfering with our connection to you
    DEP or UAC settings in vista and xp.
    Iceyy~~Templar~~RAINBOWS

Warcraft3 B-Net: Haruka@useast ~~~ Haruka@uswest
    Garena: BeeTanks ~~~ !|c00ffff00Tina

Banned
    i just reset my internet and restart comp when i get this.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    so, conclusion:

run game as admin
    run game on a constant and good connection
    turn off your firewall and anti-virusprograms.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I have the issue as well. Every day I get that about 3 to 4 times. Very annoying.
    I tried log in on Rohan web site before loading the game. I also d/ced by myself when I relog once I got that problem. It seemed to work, but only for a few hours and it starts again. I don't think it is a connection problem. I use wireless on both my comp and lap, and sometimes even though 1 gets the problem, the other is fine and vice versa (both login different accounts).
    My suspect is however the event. I notice that it happens to me especially a lot after the forging event. At first, there is no problem at all. After my first forging event, it starts, and unfortunately won't stop >"<
    Also, there is a bigger chance of having the error when I'm hunting on fields rather than sitting at cities selling.