+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Just checked my temps running one Rohan client. 41 degrees lol. Figured it would be lower as when I'm running Battlefield 4 cpu temp is round about the same at 40-45 degrees.
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    Just checked my temps running one Rohan client. 41 degrees lol. Figured it would be lower as when I'm running Battlefield 4 cpu temp is round about the same at 40-45 degrees.
    But with (auto)adjusted fanspeeds.
    Exactly what I meant.

The above temperatures are thus more than fine. In other words: CPU/MOBO/GPU has got nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I hope he bought the parts himself before having it put together, and checked the integrity of each of those items after installation. For all you know, they put a refurbished PSU or shizzle like that.. wouldn't surprise me.
    I'm not a fan of computerstores, btw..not sure if it shows.

My colleague (45+ and not computersavvy), had virus/malware issues with his. Took it to the police to report (lol), then went with it to a shop. They charged him 36 EUR per half an hour to fix it.
    I declared him crazy for doing that, could have just given it to me.
    He got it back, 1 day later he had the issue again. This time he passed it to me. The store didn't even bother to run a decent scan. Found 7 threads, and cleaned over 2.7 GB! of junkfiles (temp.files and crap..). Talk about a lucrative business..
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-06-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

start in bios and check that the Power supply units stats match what the power supply actually is.
    if your PSU is under 500watts i would be worried, if there were additional fans or video cards attached.
    if all else fails .. turn off the power supply surge "detect" feature in the bios.
    Last edited by Telep0pMusic; 07-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Yeah forgot about the adjusted fan speeds lol. I'm lucky my pc is whisper quiet even when its under load, just figured as BF4 is a notoriously CPU intensive game, that Rohan would run at a lower temperature. My pc sounds the same when playing both games lol
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

~ Martin Niemöller

Looking at the pc build you'd probably be able to get away with a 400 watt PSU, providing it was an efficient one. Ideally you'd want a 600 watt PSU. Anything less and its gonna struggle. If you've got a spare one from an old pc, or if a friend has one, try it and see if it makes a difference. If you haven't taken a PSU out of a pc before, its not as hard as it may initially look.

~ Martin Niemöller

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    Looking at the pc build you'd probably be able to get away with a 400 watt PSU, providing it was an efficient one. Ideally you'd want a 600 watt PSU. Anything less and its gonna struggle. If you've got a spare one from an old pc, or if a friend has one, try it and see if it makes a difference. If you haven't taken a PSU out of a pc before, its not as hard as it may initially look.
    400 is cutting it a bit extremely low, though - considering the build alone (not taking SSD's, etc. in account) takes up at least 350W - and one needs some headroom, besides. 600 will be fine enough, though.
    Generally, for myself, I never go below 600 (or even 650), but then again - I like to go overboard on PSU's lol.

Assuming that someone buying a "K" version CPU - is going to attempt (slight) overclocking (why else spend the money on the "K" version).

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

A relatively new 750w (80+ Gold or better) easily will handle a system with 3x hard drives + 4x SSD, 64GB memory, 40% overclocked I7-3930K 6-core Intel processor and Nvidia GTX 970 video card without breaking a sweat.

That is what I was running on my current Seasonic 750 platinum PSU before I 'downgraded' my system to my current devil's canyon I7-4790K platform to reduce power usage (I really didn't need a monster 4.7Ghz 6-core system since I retired). Max draw from the wall with that at full load was 350w and the psu was converting that at 95% efficiency.

I don't think that system would need any more than a good 500w-600w gold standard PSU.

Poser supplies provide their best efficiency at around 50% capacity. Go much higher or lower than that and your efficiency drops off by as much as 10%. So if the system is pulling about 250w from the mains, you won't want to size the PSU much more than a little over double that. 500/600w would be the sweet spot.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-06-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Yeah, Im presuming its a Z77 mobo............ 350watts is probably a good estimate.
    If it was just to test for a short period 400watts would be fine, it obviously wouldn't be a permanent solution though.

~ Martin Niemöller

okie took it apart just now. Its got a cooler master ex2 725w in it. The comps also clean as inside but I gave it a quick dusting and theres no loose wiring all over the place. Its pretty neat inside.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Average PSU

All i'm going to say then is: warranty.

But before he goes through the hassle, test the thing out with another PSU or put the thing in another PC. Assuming he knows how.

Edit: Sorry, but can't help myself: just send it back to where it came from - buy (an actual) 600-650W with good ratings, instead. **** like that is just a scam, imho.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-06-2015 at 01:18 PM.