+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    google "power options for windows" and set for high performance, then google " disable visual themes for windows" and set for best performance. google google

Googled google and got THIS
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

PSUs are weird as hell.

I bought a computer from PC world several years ago and the PSU died. It was still under warranty and they replaced the dead supply with a no name 405w PSU. I totally expected it to be **** especially as after I plugged my GPU in the total power draw was somewhere in the region of 350w. That PSU is now 6 years old and still going strong lol. Thats with heavy usage and a pretty stressed system playing demanding games.
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

I THINK I may have found the cause of my problem. When my friend borrowed me the pc, he also borrowed me a power board thingy which it all plugs into then plugs into the wall socket. Anyways this power board has all these thingys on it for usbs, antenna ports, phone line ports, charger posts and so on. And it also has this "Earth Protected surge protection" thingy on it. But anyways I totally forgot all about it until a few hours ago and it hit me. The power board might be wearing out or faulty or something, maybe it cant handle the pc?. So I unplugged it all and hooked the pc up to a new power board and haven't had an issue with the game since. Can even duel log again.
    Ima see what happens over night by leaving the game logged in on both clients and see if there's any crashes.

Wish me luck

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Awesome. We ruled out bad wiring since the likelihood of bad wiring in two different houses is quite small, but if of course the wiring comes along with it.. yerr.

Please do recommend him to swap his PSU in the near but less urgent future, though (one should not defy the odds).
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-07-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I've seen that kind of issue using an old UPS. The line voltage going to my PC would sag to just over 100v (N.A. standard is 120 = 115v).
    When it did that my rig would get all kinds of crazy. I took the UPS out of the loop and ran naked power for a while until a new one took its place.

Never seen that kind of voltage sag happen with a simple surge bar though. But hey, I ain't seen everything
    I suppose the MOVs in it could be leaking to ground when a certain level of power current comes thru

Hope that keeps things usable for a while and saves him a frantic run to the computer shop.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Something i'm surprised to not see mentioned here is the amps the power supply is supplying. Wattage doesn't always matter if your rails don't put out the amps required from your hardware. I saw you fixed the issue, but it's something else to keep in mind when shopping for a different psu.

These days the amperage is less of a problem than it was a few years back.

It would be a concern mostly when you have higher end video cards. You used to often see the +12v rail split between across 2 or even 4 discreet circuits. While it might look good on paper, each of those rails divide up the total available +12 total amperage evenly between them - even if one or more are not being used. You put a video card on one of those that needs more power and you will see a starved video card.

Thankfully most modern power supplies have learned the hard lesson of doing that and have given up the multiple +12v rail marketing crap. In fact the best of them only really creates +12v off the transformer and and steps down the other rails from that. That +12v rail gets the lion's share of power but can tax the other rails if it is overloaded which is seldom a problem anymore.