+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Random Rohan crashes. Plzz read n help meh ><

Having an issue being able to run Rohan on the current pc Im using atm.

8 times out of 10 I log into the game, I get as far as my char being able to log in and then my whole pc crashes (Well, not my pc. Am borrowing it from a friend). Anyways once it crashes it restarts and takes me straight to the Bios screen with a message saying ~

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. An anti surge was triggered to protect to system from unstable power supply unit"

NOTE = This ONLY happens when I'm trying to play Rohan. Its never happened at any other point. And happens more so If I try to duel log.

Question is, can anyone tell me why this might be happening or what might be the cause?

This pc is relatively new and I've tried re installing Rohan (3x) now, I've shut off all firewalls/ Anti virus thingys and it still happens.

Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 - 3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

1 terabyte hard drive

System type 64 - bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 8.1

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

I don't know what could be the problem but I used to have the same problem until I started running Rohan in Compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3).
    Maybe give that a go and see what happens.
    Janius:
    Zeyymah- lvl 115+8 Templar
    Zeymah- lvl 103 Priest

Well if its a power issue it could be the power supply demanding too much power from the power cord and that house not having a good electric system >.>
    Or that PC came with a factory fault.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Any other demanding games you can test run on that pc?
    The issue may well turn up after 1hr plus, so don't test for but 10 minutes.

Also, open the side of the case and see for the PSU (power supply unit..). It should either be located at the bottom back or top back, it's a relative big square thing. How much wattage does it say it has and what brand? While you're at it, give a look at the motherboard and let us know the brand as well.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-05-2015 at 11:14 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by SingeXshadow View Post
    I don't know what could be the problem but I used to have the same problem until I started running Rohan in Compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3).
    Maybe give that a go and see what happens.
    Yea I tried this, didnt help tho :/

Ive spoken to my friend who owns the pc. He said it always has an issue with any game he tries to run.

I don't wanna take it apart cuz I don't own it and don't wanna risk doing any damage. Guess Ill just have to play it as is when I can.

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

well, considering the fact that he has this issue with other games since the beginning, there can only be few reasons left, imho:

- He gimped out on the PSU (which is like the worst idea any pc builder can do - considering the rest of your build depends on it)
    - He didn't gimp out on the PSU but ended up with a faulty one.

Advice for your friend: use someone elses (working) PSU that has enough voltage for his build and test it out - if there are no more crashes => buy a new PSU, either through warranty or w.e.
    If he did gimp out => buy a new one anyway.
    Preferably labeled a min. 80% bronze - with a cpu like that, I'd go for silver+ but that's just me..

Please be aware that a faulty PSU can destroy your entire pc, incl. working and expensive components and can even cause fires in extreme cases.
    The thing shuts down as a precaution (certain motherboards have this feature) when voltages are unstable. One can disable this feature, but in this case I would not recommend doing that.

If he didn't have any issues, and only you do - it would be a different matter.

/myopinion
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-06-2015 at 04:20 AM.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Computer geek mode:

Power supplies for the most part are oddball things. For the most part they are an analog device with some digital controls thrown in to make the power that comes out of them usable by a digital computer. There is a reason for saying that...

Power supplies wear out.

The analog portions of your power supply will operate at 100% capacity and efficiency when new. Over the course of time that efficiency and capacity drops until the power supply simply can barely handle the demands it needs to. This is from the large capacitors and rectifier diodes/transistors getting 'leaky' from many on/off cycles over time and losing capacity.

Every time yuo turn on your power supply there is a surge that weakens those caps and rectifiers. The digital regulator stuff in there will smooth that out and keep that surge from hitting the computer board & drives, but the power supply takes the brunt of that. A better power supply is engineered to handle several years of constant use and on/off cycles, but cheaper, factory ones are not quite so well designed as the better aftermarket ones. Look for power aftermarket PSUs from makers like Fotron, Seasonic, Channel Well, and such (those are actual makers not re-marketers). My personal favorites are Seasonic and Fotron but there are other good ones as well. You will find many of them under better known brand names like Antec, OCZ, Corsair and SilverStone.

In the case of that computer, it is just fine for everyday light duty. You won't see any issues with it at all -- yet. But have that computer run applications that demand more processing and graphics and it has to draw more power than the power supply can give. Computers draws only what they need to handle their load. as thne load goes up so does its thirst for power. When the computer demand s exceeds the diminished capacity of the power supply, you get something like internal brownouts on your computer board from power starvation. That causes memory to corrupt, errors and system crashes to occur.

When I build my computers I always put the best power supply (not so much highest wattage, but the highest efficiency) I can find that matches my power needs. My formula is to buy double capacity of my computer's idle-state needs. If my computer idles at 300w from the wall (use a kill-a-watt meter to find out how much it needs), i get a 600-700w one. This way a few years down the road as the power supply starts to 'sag' I will have a little more usable time from it. I never use a power supply that has an efficiency rating less than 80 Plus Gold and prefer Platinum level.

I've had cheaper (no 80 Plus rating) power supplies start to sag within as little as 3 years. A total; waste of money. Better ones with more capacity and better efficiency (80 Plus Gold rated) got 5-7 years out of them, but they were also more costly. My current power supply is 80 Plus Platinum and has been in use for 6 years now but I suspect I will be replacing it within another 5.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-06-2015 at 05:16 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

ok ty all for the infos. With permission I will prolly take alook tomorrow and see what what kind of power supply it is.

One thing I have noticed and just recorded now was the CPU temp -

CPU Temp - +114.8 f / +46.0 c

MB +84.2 f/ + 29.0 c

Im guessing the CPU temp is way to high? Keeping in mind that its winter here, its freezing cold in my house and this is the temp after the game crashes)

CPU Voltage 0.968V

(Duno what these numbers below mean but they were on the bios screen along with the CPU voltage numbers)

3.3V 3.312V
    5V 5.080V
    12V 11.232V

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Those are fairly cold temperatures for a CPU 'under load', MOBO seems very fine to me as well, especially since Rohan isn't all too demanding.
    Have to consider that the CPU in case is a "K" version, it also depends if your friend installed an aftermarket cooler or kept the stock-cooler in place. Albeit, perfectly normal temperatures.

The CPU quality (being i7, etc.) is slightly overkill compared to the rest of the build but.. nonetheless, no issues there other than the waste of money (which should've been invested in the PSU /aftermarket cooler or SSD-drive instead).

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Having an issue being able to run Rohan on the current pc Im using atm.

8 times out of 10 I log into the game, I get as far as my char being able to log in and then my whole pc crashes (Well, not my pc. Am borrowing it from a friend). Anyways once it crashes it restarts and takes me straight to the Bios screen with a message saying ~

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. An anti surge was triggered to protect to system from unstable power supply unit"

NOTE = This ONLY happens when I'm trying to play Rohan. Its never happened at any other point. And happens more so If I try to duel log.

Question is, can anyone tell me why this might be happening or what might be the cause?

This pc is relatively new and I've tried re installing Rohan (3x) now, I've shut off all firewalls/ Anti virus thingys and it still happens.

Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 - 3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

1 terabyte hard drive

System type 64 - bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 8.1

you have a good processor
    could always add more RAM
    Could try windows 7
    graphics card doesnt look like the problem
    swap out the power supply
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired