+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IrregularHunterX View Post
    Obvious lie.
    Oh Yeah? Prove it!
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    lol you mad brah coz I told that to you ? Difference is, this isn't a gm topic + it was on topic and I do believe you're allowed to make a (lame) joke once in awhile
    idc if is a GM or not topic, dont confuse the players.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I like pie.

I really do.
    I dont lol

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

Quote Originally Posted by brujohechizero View Post
    I dont lol
    That's because you're a sour person XD
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    That's because you're a sour person XD
    no, I like sugar (nutella, shakes etc) but I dont like pie, also I take care myself and I dont wann get diabetes.

not liking pie and not allowing yourself to eat pie are two very different things.

Pie won't give you diabetes as long as you understand the energy you get from it needs to be used. All diabetics know this.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    not liking pie and not allowing yourself to eat pie are two very different things.

Pie won't give you diabetes as long as you understand the energy you get from it needs to be used. All diabetics know this.
    is the same,Idont like pie and I dont eat pie, like i said before I like sugar(nutella, shakes, cookies) but all with moderation. And not all diabetics know this, as a health professional I guide and give educational talk to patients who have uncontrolled sugar, so not all diabetics know this.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    is the same,Idont like pie and I dont eat pie, like i said before I like sugar(nutella, shakes, cookies) but all with moderation. And not all diabetics know this, as a health professional I guide and give educational talk to patients who have uncontrolled sugar, so not all diabetics know this.
    As a health professional you should also know that eating too much sugar is not a cause of diabetes - but only a risk factor (besides genetics, etc) for developing the disease.
    One can eat perfectly healthy food and still develop diabetes; or eat very unhealthy and never get diabetes to begin with. Apparent normal food such as pasta, white bread, rice, noodles, etc.. are an equally bad idea to consume (in bigger quantities) for diabetes-patients (in-spe).

The issue being that high-sugar foods are usually also high in kilojoules. The intake of those excessive kilojoules, (saturated) fats.. is way worse than the intake of the actual sugars in regards to (getting) diabets, and that goes for type 2 diabetes only.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 07-04-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Such health professional many wow. Just don't eat too much of anything and ur good *flys away*
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

I think I should have qualified that. Those that know they are diabetic will know this. The reason for that is that as soon as a patient is diagnosed with diabetes their doctor is expected to be enrolling them in diabetic management sessions to educate them on how to manage their condition.

Part of that education is to inform the patient as to the known causes of diabetes - both type 1 and type 2, what raises and lowers blood glucose levels, how their blood glucose levels affect them, how to detect both hyper and hypoglycemia and what to do about them. I know because I have been diabetic for just under 20 years and help my own support team educate others during twice yearly sessions at our local hospital.

So if you know you are diabetic, you will know what causes it either from your doctor or from a team of people such as yourself.

Like you say, moderation and knowledge are both important to managing this condition. Simple sugars do not cause diabetes in and of themselves. There are other factors that combine with those sugars that will bring on the condition.

The downside is that this education happens only after a person is diagnosed as diabetic and not before. Having that education before diagnosis can save a lot of people from becoming prediabetic in the first place.

I still like pie though. I just know what I have to do if I eat it.