+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Its about time too. Aussie land should follow suit and make it happen here. Its in the works but well, we are a slow moving country. Its being pushed through parliament so hopefully in the next year or two

Praying for y'all!
    *You shall never be forgotten*- Victims of gun violence

lol and that's somehow gladdening? Shoot yourself retarded ****ing faggot.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    sounds like someone that got the sh!tty end of the marriage stick.
    <-- married 40 years next year. guess i'm one of the lucky ones huh?

Cool about the gay marriage in the U.S. About time the U.S> caught up with the rest of the civilized world. It made this guy really, REALLY happy :
    Nah, I haven't got the ****ty end of the marriage stick...when you are in my situation both ends are ****ty so why bother lol. I'm making 100-150k a year depending on what I want to work for OT, and I have a six figure net worth already. Most women my age come with student loans, credit card debt, and car payments. If I married for a few years, and divorced, which has a 50% rate with nearly 80% of them being filed by women, why would I want to surrender half of my assets and acquire half of her debt?

I can find women that want to...
    1. Live together without being married
    2. Have sex outside of marriage
    3. Have kids outside of marriage

So what purpose does the marriage serve? It gets the government involved in my relationship and causes a potential breakup to be more expensive...that is all. Signing a contract with the government does nothing to strengthen my relationship or give me any benefits...if the woman's going to cheat or randomly decides one day she isn't happy and wants a no fault divorce for some bull**** reason I'm powerless to stop her, which again 80% of divorces in America are filed by women and divorces amongst lesbians are at a higher rate than gay men, so its obviously women divorce fever, why would I want to open myself to that financial punishment?

I used to want to get married...but after you witness enough friends, relatives, and coworkers go through divorces in a system that heavily favors women, you realize its not worth it. Like one of my coworkers that got divorced recently...she got primary custody of their two kids, child support, the house, his entire 401k balance, and 1/2 of his pension. He got all the debt, and thought he got off cheap because he didn't get stuck paying her alimony as well. I think the guy is like 47...and he literally has nothing right now thanks to marriage. He never cheated on his wife or abused her...she just filed for a no fault divorce because marriage is a joke these days, til death do you part means nothing anymore, and she walked away with pretty much everything. Imagine being 47, having made a six figure salary for the last 20 years, and having nothing. I imagined it...and boy does that scenario suck. That guy could have gotten away with just the child support for roughly 8 years had he never married and just played house with her and had the kids out of wedlock, which there is no shortage of American women willing to do these days. Ultimately the marriage ended so what was the purpose of it? He got to put his wife on his insurance for 15 years...maybe a savings of 30k tops spread out over 15 years and the ultimate expense of losing all the equity in his house, a 7 figure 401k balance, and half his future earnings from a pension he can collect at 60? Yeah...no thanks to that lol.

But with that being said, I truly am jealous of your 40 year marriage that actually worked. If I was on the market 50 years ago I'd have married then, but society has changed so much its just pointless now. How many people did you know in your bachelor days that were living together, having sex, and making babies together while unwed? That was the extreme minority then...and at least 2/3(and 3/3 for a far higher % of the population than today) of those things were things people were heavily frowned upon by society and marriage was a pre-req for. Today...amongst my age group...there are more unwed couples doing all those things than married lol.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by kadeeem View Post
    Please sit your ass down and shut the hell up.

I'm proud to say its legal now in USA
    I'm glad its legal now as well. I just don't know why you'd even want it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Nah, I haven't got the ****ty end of the marriage stick...when you are in my situation both ends are ****ty so why bother lol. I'm making 100-150k a year depending on what I want to work for OT, and I have a six figure net worth already. Most women my age come with student loans, credit card debt, and car payments. If I married for a few years, and divorced, which has a 50% rate with nearly 80% of them being filed by women, why would I want to surrender half of my assets and acquire half of her debt?

I can find women that want to...
    1. Live together without being married
    2. Have sex outside of marriage
    3. Have kids outside of marriage

So what purpose does the marriage serve? It gets the government involved in my relationship and causes a potential breakup to be more expensive...that is all. Signing a contract with the government does nothing to strengthen my relationship or give me any benefits...if the woman's going to cheat or randomly decides one day she isn't happy and wants a no fault divorce for some bull**** reason I'm powerless to stop her, which again 80% of divorces in America are filed by women and divorces amongst lesbians are at a higher rate than gay men, so its obviously women divorce fever, why would I want to open myself to that financial punishment?

I used to want to get married...but after you witness enough friends, relatives, and coworkers go through divorces in a system that heavily favors women, you realize its not worth it. Like one of my coworkers that got divorced recently...she got primary custody of their two kids, child support, the house, his entire 401k balance, and 1/2 of his pension. He got all the debt, and thought he got off cheap because he didn't get stuck paying her alimony as well. I think the guy is like 47...and he literally has nothing right now thanks to marriage. He never cheated on his wife or abused her...she just filed for a no fault divorce because marriage is a joke these days, til death do you part means nothing anymore, and she walked away with pretty much everything. Imagine being 47, having made a six figure salary for the last 20 years, and having nothing. I imagined it...and boy does that scenario suck. That guy could have gotten away with just the child support for roughly 8 years had he never married and just played house with her and had the kids out of wedlock, which there is no shortage of American women willing to do these days. Ultimately the marriage ended so what was the purpose of it? He got to put his wife on his insurance for 15 years...maybe a savings of 30k tops spread out over 15 years and the ultimate expense of losing all the equity in his house, a 7 figure 401k balance, and half his future earnings from a pension he can collect at 60? Yeah...no thanks to that lol.

But with that being said, I truly am jealous of your 40 year marriage that actually worked. If I was on the market 50 years ago I'd have married then, but society has changed so much its just pointless now. How many people did you know in your bachelor days that were living together, having sex, and making babies together while unwed? That was the extreme minority then...and at least 2/3(and 3/3 for a far higher % of the population than today) of those things were things people were heavily frowned upon by society and marriage was a pre-req for. Today...amongst my age group...there are more unwed couples doing all those things than married lol.
    I aren't a lover of marriage myself (Seen to many fail as well), but I am a huge supporter of others being aloud to make their own choices. What doesn't work for some works for others and kudos to the couples who can make it work.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Xyliah View Post
    lol and that's somehow gladdening? Shoot yourself retarded ****ing faggot.
    You need to shoot yourself you homophobic fok. GTFO these forums and get back in ya cave where people like you belong.

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Commoner
    I aren't a lover of marriage myself (Seen to many fail as well), but I am a huge supporter of others being aloud to make their own choices. What doesn't work for some works for others and kudos to the couples who can make it work.
    I'd agree with this...plus there is the fact that I'm just tired of hearing about it. Its become such a big political issue and when you think about it, it only really has an impact on a tiny, tiny minority of the population. I guess depending on what source you want to look at, and exactly how they define gay, between 2-10% of the population is gay, and only a fraction of that even wants to get married. I'm tired of an issue that has an impact on what probably actually amounts to less than 1% of the population being such a dominant and divisive issue in political campaigns. Its not hurting anyone...and hopefully now that its been legalized by the supreme court we can see some issues that have an impact on ALL of us take center stage...like getting the national deficit/debt under control, or making our healthcare system more efficient and affordable.

You need to shoot yourself you homophobic fok. GTFO these forums and get back in ya cave where people like you belong.
    Lmao @ calling me homophobic because I'm not advocate of something unnatural and ****ed up lol. You and "these forums" lol, oh and get back to sucking your dads dick champ.

Quote Originally Posted by kadeeem View Post
    Str Templar/thing/it speaketh english
    cmon kadeem tell everyone the truth you are straight as an arrow everybody knows that.

Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    I'd agree with this...plus there is the fact that I'm just tired of hearing about it. Its become such a big political issue and when you think about it, it only really has an impact on a tiny, tiny minority of the population. I guess depending on what source you want to look at, and exactly how they define gay, between 2-10% of the population is gay, and only a fraction of that even wants to get married. I'm tired of an issue that has an impact on what probably actually amounts to less than 1% of the population being such a dominant and divisive issue in political campaigns. Its not hurting anyone...and hopefully now that its been legalized by the supreme court we can see some issues that have an impact on ALL of us take center stage...like getting the national deficit/debt under control, or making our healthcare system more efficient and affordable.
    It is a big issue tho. Equality for all humans has been long left behind and it needs to be changed. This is a huge step forward to making this happen and hopefully the rest of the world will follow suit. I hope deep in my heart that there will come a time where the Gay and Les community can live in this world where there's no hate, they have every rights that straight people do and that this sh1tty stigma regarding this sexual preference is long forgotten. And its a sh1tty stigma that destroys life's. This new marriage bill is up there as one of the best things to happen to the Gay and Les community so ofc everyone's going to be raving about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyliah View Post
    Lmao @ calling me homophobic because I'm not advocate of something unnatural and ****ed up lol. You and "these forums" lol, oh and get back to sucking your dads dick champ.
    You are being homophobic because you have come in here to spread your hate and told him to go and shoot himself. If that's not homophobic
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia) I don't know what is. And gay sex has been happening since the dawn of creation so tell me how its unnatural? As long as its consensual and between two adults then its as natural as the air we breathe.

You might not agree with it or like it but and that's your choice but that doesn't give you the right to degrade someone else for their choices.

And no. I'm not into incest or necrophilia. So I wont suck my dads d1ck.

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest