+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Oldschool rohan is pointless as long as playwith exists for one and secondly I enjoy MOST of the post 99 content. Without it I am psure none of us would be playing because as nice as it was there is not really much to do after you get full BiS gear.

What really needs to happen and I am being 100% honest is somebody has to make a game with rohan's pvp system. The only thing that has kept this game alive this long is how damn good the pvp is here compared to every other game.

What I would really want to play one day is a combination of ROHAN, TERA and RS.

The pvp of ROHAN with the TSB system and some of the nice dungeons/lore
    Certain pvp mechanics from TERA (staggers and attack speed speeding up skill execution being the ones off the top of my head) as well as pvp to work towards pvp gear (battlegrounds) AND the crafting/gathering system (With 2x-4x the production points of TERA)
    The quests/acheivement from RS (quest story lines, worthwhile rewards, unlocking access to resources to make PVE gear and consumables like pots/scrolls/arrows/bolts, acheivement system that earns you a piece of gear that has special uses inside its respective map) Oh and dungeoneering would be awesome (you use the gear you have on instead of starting with 3-4 items) each floor takes like 30-45 mins (make it hard you know) you get 2 floors a day and cash shop lets you reset 2 extra times for example.

I dont want to be able to cut down trees or make fires or stop in the middle of battle to eat an entire shark (lol) but lets say you do some quest series in Gezian it unlocks access to a special garden with several gathering spots for grade A thornbushes which you can refine into grade A thornbush paste, combine the paste with a grade A potion base (costs 1500 gold) to make a grade A health potion. Or after completing the quest series in morrisen (did I spell that right?) you gain access to a dungeon filled with archers that drop specialty bolts/arrows that have uses in pve (chance to bleed/slow aspd/heal/crit) as well as archer's ore which can be refined into pure archer's ore (RNG crit crafting just like TERA) which can be crafted into lvl 120 pvp bolts with a chance to stagger (a stagger is a type of ministun that interupts attacks/skill execution as well as slow for 0.3 seconds or so, you can still pot but a stagger would interupt you casting heal for example)

Wall o text idk was kinda fun just throwing ideas at the wall not like this magic game will ever happen. Until then I just afk outskirts on tera since everyone on my server is 2 scared to duel me. While playing 2-3 hrs of RS a day. Lurk on the forums sometimes watch these sandy vaginas/pinoys/mexicans fail pvp remembering the good ol days when ppl didnt play dirty and playwith wasnt such a pile of greedy sandy vagina scorpions.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 06-21-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Who cares how expensive "server best" items were back in the day. You could just farm your own parts and make something almost as good, or maybe even better if you put in the time and have a little luck, for a fraction of the cost. Its so much nicer having that option than what we have today...buy an upgrade or go **** yourself.
    I think you missed the point of the comment sir. In an 'old school' lvl 99 you will be paying just as much for EM goods as you do today. How much was stuff in Jin? Certainly you were paying 20k, 30k for the best stuff there too.

I agree with you 100% that PWYNKI really screwed the pooch when they released power gear in their IM that was not available by any other mean. Totally stupid and compounded by doing it yet again for this last server merge.

The problem with PWYNKI creating a backward 'old school' server is PWYNKI creating it. Once they have done that they have a blank canvas for creating even more knocked-up canines. Nobody would be happy with it since there is no way on earth that they would settle for the strategic, but steady 'trickle' of money coming from it.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

People are delusional that oldschool rohan would be any different than the rohan you have now. All that oldschool rohan would do is give some smaht/lucky players a bit of RPS that they will then invest into RAN server since RAN will always outlive any new server. Before anybody tries to make some bogus argument remember it has been scientifically proven that RAN will outlive any server even event server goes down :P

Commoner
    Proven by what? The Ran players begging to merge with Jin because Ran was dead?

Still Ran had a better economy and I was from Jin >.>
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Actually ran had more pvp than jin before the merge was announced. Was mad pinoys/Mad mexicans/Dagoba+kris and thai ladiboi vs me/justin/hambozo and friends (with some special appearances from boobs which was mainly godlyke+celese+nhah). It wasnt until the merge was announced that boobs went on the poaching spree and grabbed most of the ppl and then pvp got stale as tmads went into hiding until the merge.

EDIT: Anyways to answer the question with some seriousness its because new servers give a surge in money due to the "New opportunities + Honeymoon phase". But all good things come to an end (with the exception of what 20k rps can get you on RAN which is usually a decently sized bag of dicks)
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 06-22-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Definitely not LoLing at anyone attempting to come up with ideas to revitalize the game. I appreciate the time and effort spent to come up with that post.
    Yup but seems you took your time to read this, well at least you did

Edited: I personally think that taking a couple of players that have experince with x or y class and taking them with some GMs to a test server just a couple of hrs some days a week and using basic gear like first Enchanted Edwin, 41s lvl85-99 and lvl80 weapon or chimera +5 then after taking notes of damage defence atk and skill combos moving to next tier gear and accs and so on till you get to existing reinforced accs and gear with all its glory that way devs can have an idea on how things actually work rather than just taking months to years with the old server idea.
    Last edited by RBNXD; 06-26-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Yup but seems you took your time to read this, well at least you did
    I try to stay busy improving the Rohan experience for my players on a daily basis. The forums ( and the occasional hanging out in Lime Stone! ) are some of the few breaks I afford myself from my other duties. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    I try to stay busy improving the Rohan experience for my players on a daily basis. The forums ( and the occasional hanging out in Lime Stone! ) are some of the few breaks I afford myself from my other duties. :P
    Sorry for doubting you but GMs seem to not be around for all week plus the community is either forum camping or sz hugging(myself included on both). Its depressing
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8