+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Play rohan in mac

Hi! Loader doesn't work in my mac laptop. It says that I need to install an activeX but after I clicked install it failed. Kindly help me so I can play this game. Thank you!

Gee, you sure are detailed with the problem details aren't you /sarcasm

The Rohan client only runs on Windows. So, what version of Windows are you running and how are you running it on your Mac? Via Bootcamp or a virtual machine?

If using a virtual machine you may need to adjust how your virtual machine is configured. If using Bootcamp to boot a Windows partition you may need to configure the security settings of your windows OS.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Actually I am using a winebottler. If you are not familiar with it you can read it in this link http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
    I already played other online games using this but this time it doesn't work. Thank you for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by GeloRebel View Post
    Actually I am using a winebottler. If you are not familiar with it you can read it in this link http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
    I already played other online games using this but this time it doesn't work. Thank you for concern.
    You're gonna have a hard time running Rohan on a windows emulator that is what i can tell you and that is even if you get the loader to load GameGuard is an a$$ and will not let you run the client past its splash screen because it can't detect a version of windows running. GL
    I tried it once with Wine on linux and that was my experience some years ago.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeloRebel View Post
    I did not ask about emulators (wine or others) for a reason.

Rohan does not play well with windows emulators at all mostly because of GameGuard rootkit that it needs to install but also because of its heavy directx dependency.

You need a recent native Windows OS to run the game in. You can use either a dual-boot partition thru bootcamp (or other dual boot system) or in a virtual machine (I prefer VMWare but VirtualBox would do too). Or you can put a PC together to run Windows. But a Mac? No, it needs a real windows OS to run in. Emulators just don't cut it.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

rohan runs with Paralleldesktop and thats the only way i got rohan to work at all on mac, trying to get it working with playonmac but so far no luck, crashes on login screen :/

Parallels or any other way that you can run a native windows OS would be the only solution yes and great that you could run it.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

yeah i could, i no longer can

Did you try to run it with admin privileges and compatibility with winxp? Some times GG is just too high to know there is no problem at all. GL
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

so is not possible to run Rohan on Mac ?