View Poll Results: Which of our current projects would you be MOST interested in seeing prioritized?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Balancing (Skill Improvement/Changes)!

35 64.81%
  • Game Balancing (Damage Formula Rework for PvP + PvE)!

32 59.26%
  • New Boss Monster w/ New Drops + Improved AI!

9 16.67%
  • New PvP Item Sets (Armors/Weapons) obtainable through PVP/Dungeons!

3 5.56%
  • New Item Sets (Armors/Weapons)!

2 3.70%
  • New Dungeons/Maps (Including Renewal of Old Content)!

10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    You say that fixing this game needs less of me? I say its the opposite. Its cute how you wana try to blame me for the recent shortfalls do you forget what happened last time playwith listened to "the rest of the community"????????????? how many ppl play isen? oh nono we dont wana talk about isen the community is never wrong its exactly what they wanted amirite? Playwith takes perfectly good ideas and ****s them up for short term monetization thats not my fault and its not the community's fault either.
    What like 25% of the community wanted a new server when they ran that big "TELL US WHAT YOU WANT" thread a few years ago, and practically everyone agreed we needed a balance patch of sorts. Did they A. Give us what the community wanted, or B. Give us what they thought would milk the most money. I'm going for B.

Playwith has full proposals from me (or at least I hope they got into the right hands...) that outline:
    -How to fix various parts of this game (class balance, farming balance, epic/upg problem, gear problem, gear progression/powercreep, guild politics and full events)
    -The tools required to put these proposals into action
    -Full outline on who benefits from what (split into 3 groups; farmer, whale and average player)
    -Pricing guide
    -Simulation scenarios with different assumptions
    This is what I'm afraid of. When you begged for crap like a server merge and upgrades, and half or more of the game population has quit since then, I'm not thinking whatever else you propose is going to be very popular lol.

Also the server merge was absolutely necessary unless you were banking on rohan closing down. You had 2 servers with no pvp do you think ppl are gonna pay when theres no pvp? And even after the merge e2n was trying to lick boob's ass is that my fault too? E2N and Boobs are both passive aggressive **** guilds. Luckily theres a cherbear that has the magical power to make ppl grow a pair or rohan would have closed right after the server merge.
    Because we needed a balance patch. You take 2 dead broken servers and merge them into one broken server, are you really surprised we now have one dead, broken server? Especially when right out of the gate they added a 120+ dollar buy in with the new upgrades. The merge had no long term benefits for the game, just like Isen was a failure. The core problems are class balance is terrible and the game is grossly over priced. New servers with the same rules, or server merges fix neither of those problem.

What I'm saying is they need to stop listening to people like you, who were cheer leaders for ideas that FAILED, and start going after the core issues with the game. There isn't a doubt in my mind a skill balance update that included a reformulated blunt mastery and some heavy price cuts would lure people back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Upgrades are bad.

1. They made farming for weapons absolutely pointless. Thanks for giving me one less thing to do when I log on, and for making a chunk of all future gear drop updates pointless.

2. The attack speed is over kill. The game runs like **** and isn't made for that kind of sustained speed. Plus the balance issues it causes...like people cry about dhan's SA...it wouldn't boost nearly as much if people didn't swing so fast.

3. 100% damage drop is stupid. If this was intended as some kind of dumb counter for templars...they really should have just fixed blunt mastery. They should do what I suggested earlier...cap single wielders at 70% dd and dual at 90% dd...solve the problem of 100dd and unobtainable dd armor pieces at the same time...nothing better than 2 birds with one stone.

4. This game isn't worth spending hundreds of dollars on a single weapon, especially since they made shiny options game parlor only lol. At this point I'm sure the devs are smart enough to notice a trend with decreasing upgrade sales. They've already sold the majority of what they are going too...meanwhile tons of people quit over them, and I'm sure noobs quit as soon as they realize how much just a weapon cost. If they had any sense at all they'd do what I said earlier and practically give upgrades away. Would you rather have people buying scrolls, costumes, and rolling rings, or people just laughing at 200 dollar weapons and going to play another game? I don't care if you agree with me on this or not, because if they don't do anything about it you can all have fun flexing your e-peens beating on the same dozen retards with your over priced weapons every night. Even if I was stupid enough to buy one, I'd still prefer other people get them at 90% off six months down the road so at least I have someone to play with lol...it makes a hell of a lot more sense then lording over a dead server on the verge of shutting down.

Now I'll make a list of the good things about upgrades...

1. People lasted a few more hits against templars with the extra dd...even though the massive discrepancy in damage output between classes still exists....oh wait...that's not even good...they just put a band aid over a wound that won't heal and a bunch of suckers bit for it

2. Most of the PH server migrants quit shortly after we absorbed them because an upgrade was like a months income for them. English or GTFO...we didn't want them here anyhow, right?
    Yeah I am looking for that "Like" button too. I agree wholeheartedly with this but take it a little further.

Upgrades, and I mean this in the broadest sense of the word, is a really bad idea in any F2P or even subscription game. I am defining "Upgrades" as anything be it weapons, armor, pets, accessories or even scrolls, that is exclusively available in a pay-for-it shop. These things do nothing but unbalance the game in favor of those willing to drop huge amounts of money into the game.

The second unbalancing factor is enhanceable boss drops. Why? Aren't boss drops powerful enough? I mean a templar running around with 4x rulers hits pretty damn hard. But not so hard he can't be killed in a fair pvp. Now he can have 4x +12 Roolers? Isn't that a little bit excessive and *ehrm* unbalanced?

Granted the templar blunt buff is a pain in the a$$, but if it is not magnified with all these upgrades and enhanced boss drops, it is far more balanced against others than with them.

For years the staff here have paid lip service to balancing the servers, but the cold hard reality of it is that the game is really just fine. It is all the IM enhancers (aka those broad-term upgrades) that have totally unbalanced the game. What if there were no such thing as stat enhancing costumes? What if there were no upgrade weapons? what if there were not high stat spirit stones? No melee,magic,hp,ranged booster scrolls? No all-stat talismans? Keep the in-game available pets, they don't contribute too much to imbalance and are available to everybody in-game. Would that not make the gameplay here a lot more balanced? Even with temps as they are?
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I actually did

I went through all the server merges there have been since OB, got to Divinity, got to Isen.. done all but Jainus. Yet, somehow, after all these years - I'm expected to just say: hey, cool, some GM is going to change the world, I'm in! .. and frowned upon when I'm less than enthusiastic.
    What is even more annoying, is that I'm supposed to feel greatful for it.

Maybe it's just me, but yes - I'm slightly 'upset'.
    Is it noticeable?
    Its because this game has been operated with the concept of "what makes us the most money right now." Its why they do dumb things like upgrades. They never grasped that a big player base all willing to spend 10, 20, 30 bucks a month is a long term profit model, where as upgrades that milk half your players for 200 bucks RIGHT NOW and cause the rest to quit, but make a nice chunk of change RIGHT NOW but destroy the game. What's the solution a couple months later when profits are lagging again? Well another pay to win sale...at the expense of more players.

Just think back to the games prime...how much did you really need to spend to stay competitive? 20 bucks a month for a costume, a couple 7 stones, and some scrolls? All your rings, weapons, and armors actually dropped in game and were farmable, so maybe you'd have a month here or there you spent a little extra to forge stuff. What does 20 bucks a month get you now...you have to save for almost a year just to forge an upgrade...and that's if you are lucky and don't have any fails, and, well now you have to gamble for your shinies too. When was the game making more money...when people spending 20 bucks a month were competitive, or now...hrmm...I wonder.

Its why I've been saying in this thread...give us a balance patch...its years over due and some skills haven't scaled well with stat inflation while others have scaled too well, and take a hard look at the games pricing scheme. If they could come at players with "Hey guys we finally fixed blunt mastery AND we are marking prices down so you can get back into the game without spending hundreds of dollars" they'd probably draw quite a few people back. One or the other, or neither, and the player base is just going to continue to decay. They could literally give free upgrades away at this point and it would make them more money over the next 6 months than trying to continue to sell upgrades like they have been. How many upgrades are they really going to sell from here on out...where as free upgrades would at least entice some people to come back and buy things like costumes, scrolls, 7 stones, and maybe try their luck on enhancing some rings.

That skill balance patch is something we can all agree on without it the game is staying the same no matter what, server merge, new server w/e they do is not gonna change. With it you'll gain some nice new/old players that this game is lacking.
    Game is pretty dead right now with montt having as much kiosks that i can count with my hands. Fix blunt mastery and we can talk about anything else that needs to be fixed and done.
    Priority Fix Blunt Mastery. Done

Did I say fix Blunt Mastery? Ohh yeah Fix Blunt Mastery.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

i'm taking a wild guess that you would like to see blunt mastery fixed..
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Isen server have alot problems.... Its rly hard someone play Trinity char there....
    CRafted weapons/ armors can not be use for trinity. Rumir clas dont have chimera rings ,yes have with magic atack but they are int + vit not psy + vit,also glasses and earings... so Rumir class in Isen is impossible for play... soo sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    What like 25% of the community wanted a new server when they ran that big "TELL US WHAT YOU WANT" thread a few years ago, and practically everyone agreed we needed a balance patch of sorts. Did they A. Give us what the community wanted, or B. Give us what they thought would milk the most money. I'm going for B.
    Id go for B as well its no secret playwith takes perfectly good ideas and tries to maximize short term profit. Theres nothing wrong with the idea of merges or selling upgrades the way I wanted them to be sold (which was in a 2 part format but still added up to what a 4 pt upg had). Playwith didnt like that because then not everybody would be forced to buy upg2.0s so they waved their wand of overpowered pay2win **** and made things worse. My ideas are as fair as they come and you obv have never seen one if you think otherwise. I am not a pocket player do you think id shoot myself in the foot by encouraging overpowered pay2win stuff that I cant make ecash off of? My ideas had both profit and barrier of entry in consideration so dont try to blame me for playwith wanting more money than they would have made if they just listened to me.

This is what I'm afraid of. When you begged for crap like a server merge and upgrades, and half or more of the game population has quit since then, I'm not thinking whatever else you propose is going to be very popular lol.
    You can not attribute the population decline to the merge and the upgrades. This game is old, the GMs suck and you need to cheat or have deep pockets to be successful today. None of that has anything to do with server merges or upgrades... because even if u had an upg you stand no chance without +18 rings and even if u had an upg and +18 rings u wont stand a chance without the rest of the laundry list of OP gear that you need to be an endgame pvper.

Because we needed a balance patch. You take 2 dead broken servers and merge them into one broken server, are you really surprised we now have one dead, broken server? Especially when right out of the gate they added a 120+ dollar buy in with the new upgrades. The merge had no long term benefits for the game, just like Isen was a failure. The core problems are class balance is terrible and the game is grossly over priced. New servers with the same rules, or server merges fix neither of those problem.
    So you think I dont want classes to be balanced? You think playwith hasnt gotten the message yet? what are you delusional?

What I'm saying is they need to stop listening to people like you, who were cheer leaders for ideas that FAILED, and start going after the core issues with the game. There isn't a doubt in my mind a skill balance update that included a reformulated blunt mastery and some heavy price cuts would lure people back to the game.
    How cute hes calling me a cheer leader for failed ideas put in action by a bunch of baboons. Just shutup and get to the back of the line you have nothing constructive to say in fact if it were up to me I would have silenced you already for not having any original ideas. Take your pitchfork somewhere else bitch

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

lolololol ^Nope......because you're a retard who thinks (not like it matters what you think anyway) blunt mastery is fine as is despite how clearly broken it is and everyone wanting it fixed. Applies for the other same retard in this thread who's sayinn its fine too just cuz they want it to be that they play that broken class.

If you don't realize that Blunt Mastery is inherently flawed by now, then you should have no say in things regarding game balance.

The stupid are always quick to pull out the pitchforks especially the ones who didnt read page 2 of the thread.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast