View Poll Results: Which of our current projects would you be MOST interested in seeing prioritized?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Balancing (Skill Improvement/Changes)!

35 64.81%
  • Game Balancing (Damage Formula Rework for PvP + PvE)!

32 59.26%
  • New Boss Monster w/ New Drops + Improved AI!

9 16.67%
  • New PvP Item Sets (Armors/Weapons) obtainable through PVP/Dungeons!

3 5.56%
  • New Item Sets (Armors/Weapons)!

2 3.70%
  • New Dungeons/Maps (Including Renewal of Old Content)!

10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Oh EaglePhoenix.. I understand you are upset about losing your ridiculous amount of posts, you have been pretty vocal about that. Let's take a step back and assess the situation properly, yes?

You assume that I am going and deleting thousands of posts, yours or otherwise. I ask you a simple question, what benefit do I get out of deleting old posts? I have been called out on actively deleting posts, sure, but by whom? By forum trolls who are now banned, because I DON'T have the time to read through every forum thread, deleting pointless and/or negative posts. I'm actually busy with a myriad of different activities: reading old threads, compiling evidence for my cases, redesigning the website, working with my team on tickets, coming up with new event ideas; the list goes on and on.

I understand you have been hurt in the past, and trust is not something that should be given lightly. These old posts you are talking about, I have not seen yet, but I am sure I will find these pearls amidst the plethora of other, more pointless posts in our forum history. I assure you that I am not "trolling" anybody. I am here to work as hard as I can for my players, and to provide them with a gaming experience I can be PROUD of providing. You can find me in Limestone occasionally, as I like to take breaks from projects that I'm working on, to spend time with the people I am working so hard for and (hopefully) with. I could really talk about this kind of stuff all day, but actions speak louder than words, so I try my best to keep focused on my tasks at hand. All I can ask from you is to give me the benefit of the doubt, and TRY to trust me, and know that I am here to help my players.

See you in game!
    Actually you guys deleted whole sets of forums that was a very important, irreplaceable community written resource for people that have been looking for guidance on how to build the most effective classes in this game. All gone.

It contained not only explanations of the skill trees, but also discussed maximizing those skills and stat points for the most efective build for each class. All Gone.

Thousands of irreplaceable posts that you can bet that nobody here is ever going to bother re-writing. Written by highly respected players in this game. Anybody want Imba's guide to building a str guard? Sorry - its gone.

How about the best way to build a Hybrid guard? Page Not Found.

Yurneroo's guide to Str Dekans? Nope.

I get it that your VBulletin database is freaking big. At one point you had hundreds of active members using it. Its called maturity and it happens. When a game has been running 7 years and its VB forums have been active for 5 of those years (A lot of the deleted content was actually ported over from phpBB because even then is was seen as an extremely valuable player-contributed resource).
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 05-29-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilJumpeR View Post
    I am so glad that [GM]Karazy is such a kind and understanding GM that he gives second chances to people that probably don't deserve them.
    Yo did you just changed my comment -_- ?!
    ~Ceazar~
    Don't Scare from Whatever Coming

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Actually you guys deleted whole sets of forums that was a very important, irreplaceable community written resource for people that have been looking for guidance on how to build the most effective classes in this game. All gone.

It contained not only explanations of the skill trees, but also discussed maximizing those skills and stat points for the most efective build for each class. All Gone.

Thousands of irreplaceable posts that you can bet that nobody here is ever going to bother re-writing. Written by highly respected players in this game. Anybody want Imba's guide to building a str guard? Sorry - its gone.

How about the best way to build a Hybrid guard? Page Not Found.

Yurneroo's guide to Str Dekans? Nope.

I get it that your VBulletin database is freaking big. At one point you had hundreds of active members using it. Its called maturity and it happens. When a game has been running 7 years and its VB forums have been active for 5 of those years (A lot of the deleted content was actually ported over from phpBB because even then is was seen as an extremely valuable player-contributed resource).
    Those deletions were not intentional, they were automated. Trust me, I read the ranger, templar, and Vit Dekan ones once upon a time. I can also assure you that if any of our current players do somehow take the time to rewrite in-depth guides such as that, I will sticky them in their respective class sections and make sure that information that valuable and informative does not get lost again. Part of my website redesign (in the character class section actually), I decided that a short blurb about the class story line was less important than an actual class description, and I have also added several of the classes abilities to give newer players ideas on moves that are powerful/worth investing in.

But that's enough of a spoiler for now, and I will probably ask more information from the player base in the future when the pages are closer to finalization.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Those deletions were not intentional, they were automated. Trust me, I read the ranger, templar, and Vit Dekan ones once upon a time. I can also assure you that if any of our current players do somehow take the time to rewrite in-depth guides such as that, I will sticky them in their respective class sections and make sure that information that valuable and informative does not get lost again. Part of my website redesign (in the character class section actually), I decided that a short blurb about the class story line was less important than an actual class description, and I have also added several of the classes abilities to give newer players ideas on moves that are powerful/worth investing in.

But that's enough of a spoiler for now, and I will probably ask more information from the player base in the future when the pages are closer to finalization.

You guys completely ruined the achievement rewards too. Wonder what the next step to make players quit will be. You guys say one thing, and do the complete opposite.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Hey, how about having some guide-contest - where 'the playerbase' makes guides and the winners (by vote, obviously) get some prize and honorable mentions as well as some sticky (really, i mean STICKY).

Oh wait, we had that already.
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8164 (mind you, that's time number ### those guides had been rewritten).

Nvm, but don't worry! We (the playerbase) have more idea's still!

How about a new server that's P2W free, so with other words: balanced and stuff and such. Maybe with things you can get on the IM but which you can also find ingame! No overpowered items, etc!
    Oh wait, we had that already. Twice.
    Can someone shed a light for me on Isen, please? It's stuck somewhere in the darkest corners of my brain.

Maybe we can merge servers so as to increase population and spike up some PvP contests. Why not do a leveling race for a competition instead?
    Oh wait, we had that. Someone help me count, I lost it along the way.

Hm we're not there yet; how about a skill balancing? You know, you guys start a thread per each respective class on which the playerbase can put up suggestions for each and all skills as to make a balanced and fun game!
    Oh wait, we had that already. Several times.
    What did we get? Oh that's right, I nearly forgot: HERO skills that made everything worse, intersectional skills that made certain classes even more useless and others even more overpowered. Skills from one class that can suddenly be found on several others - killing class diversity, ingenuinity and creativity.

How about making crafting more important?
    Let's craft rings that you can plus so high, so costly that you're either bankrupt, overpowered or just both.
    Doesn't matter! We can handle it, give us some kind of craft-like weapons instead - with sockets for us to fill. You know, by crafting.

Oh wait, crafted ones break and destroy the sockets, don't last for long if they do, are extremely hard to gather enough from in order for you to last, they don't pay off for the effort and are expensive besides. No, let's keep that in the IM.
    That's OK, we can buy from the IM. We have money, or so it was figured.
    What's that? You pay money to fill your sockets with IM gear? HaHa! We made them breakable as well, LOL, because .. giggles. Obviously.
    What you say? Armour defense stones? Sorry, but we don't sell those. It would allow you to survive too easily in pvE and, as such, you would not need the bazillion other stones we are selling regardless if you're pvE or pvP player. Moneygrab? Nah!

Here's an idea: why don't you guys release some weapon that beats all above, is already plussed to +30 - has got all the rainbowcolours, needs all of the above spirit stones and costs about the same as a car.. on a monthly basis?
    You can call it "Epically Upgradable Weapons".

I'm buying.

You guys know Death Note? That anime where some half-baked god drops down his notebook out of boredom, just to see what will happen and have some giggles out of it? Yea well, I have the same feeling. Only this guy's the notebook and someone up there is having tremendeous fun. There is no other explanation.

Hey, Karazy;
    I'm sure you're merely doing your job with a passion and you're probably a fun bloke to hang/game around with, don't let it stop you and don't take any of the above personal - but don't mind me if I do after OB until now, I've seen it all - but I have never seen any mmorpg go back up after it went this deep - apart from SWOTR, but that's a different story.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 05-29-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Baby steps bois u guys are ganging up on this GM which is how u scared all the other GMs away.

Just focus on the REAL #1 most important thing on the to do list which is balance classes. Make a thread dedicated to a specific class lets say for example 1st thread is dedicated to defenders... give the players a week to talk about how they would fix defenders, what you think they need (and ill be there on no-bull**** patrol to silence the tards). Then make the changes on event server and give ppl a day to test them out, collect feedback and tweak as needed. From there its on to the next one rinse your hands and move on to rangers or templars or sages. At the end of the day every class needs something and from our experience/exposure to private servers & their developers we know what can and cant be done and experienced pvpers like me and cherbear etc will be able to see the big picture on how this change will be used and abused so it can be implemented properly. Basically what I am saying is we need you to trust the community since we have been playing rohan for 7 years and they are fed up with trusting ynk/playwith to fix the game to their liking.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 05-29-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    (and ill be there on no-bull**** patrol to silence the tards)
    It'd probably be better if you stayed away...look how it turned out last time the devs listened to people like you when you were begging for more upgrades and a server merge lol. That turned out to be a big boon for the game, eh? What it cost, like 98% of the Jin population + some Ran people who just didn't feel like spending hundreds more on new weapons when PW couldn't even give a balance patch lol.

Right from the start, if they want to balance classes, start with the most ****ed up, templars, and work from there. Starting anywhere else would be like putting a band aid on a paper cut while your bleeding out from a stab wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    It'd probably be better if you stayed away...look how it turned out last time the devs listened to people like you when you were begging for more upgrades and a server merge lol. That turned out to be a big boon for the game, eh? What it cost, like 98% of the Jin population + some Ran people who just didn't feel like spending hundreds more on new weapons when PW couldn't even give a balance patch lol.

Right from the start, if they want to balance classes, start with the most ****ed up, templars, and work from there. Starting anywhere else would be like putting a band aid on a paper cut while your bleeding out from a stab wound.
    Can we get a like button around here?

Starting with Temps is a must i must agree with Gank83 but upgrds were not a bad idea its just that the options on them were too powerful compared to Old upgrds but I'm not one to talk about that cause i don't have none of the above >.>
    Making crafted weapons obtainable in game to compete with upgrds is another move to make. Crafted weapons is a way to keep income in all the time plus Reinforcing and maintaining them is another job. Make Accessories the hardest most expensive part of the game and done. Keep us busy, selling everything on IM is just boring and will kill the game for sure.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilJumpeR View Post
    I am so glad that [GM]Karazy is such a kind and understanding GM that he gives second chances to people that probably don't deserve them.
    Game would be nice and grow up
    Just... the dupper like you don't dupe items more
    What you was did on Jin just don't do it here on Jainus... and everything will be grow up to better way

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast