+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    @bloodybladez3
    Thats one old video you got there and i can accurately say that all that you have said is 100% true. Xor was awesome while Irohan took years to make progress. I only got to lvl40 while on Xor i got like 4 accounts full of characters from lvl5x to 9x all dungeons full always pvp anywhere and economy was alive and kicking. Sadly not much have been done in this version that can actually say players have come to spend or at least play other than Clashing Valley and Trinity. At least I dont quit like that because i always come to see how things are going in game and forums but for free/casual players this is not a game i recommend at all. Plus my friends still ask me why i play this game when its almost as dead as city of heroes. Well i still like it, I've made some progress and some events are fun but other than that they are completely right.

@Irene
    Well in the past the GMs had no idea how the game worked so i was just assuming that was a requirement but if its not then why haven't they added GMs that actually knew the game mechanics. Lets see how this years events and systems get a fix or change to the best at least. Achievement System update still fails hard. Hope the new stuff you guys are working on makes players actually play, HK 24/7 sucks to make some exp quests or PA/SA give exp pouches or something.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Actually a week before trinity I made a lvl 1 put my lvl 1 bedrons twin auras and lvl 1 glacial dagger on and went to work in ahkma and I managed to make a full party so ahkma is not exactly dead for new players.

Aside from that I mean rohan has just been a slippery slope of bad mistakes that started from the beginning of the game. I know somebody who was around back then like me is gonna be like omg 2008-2009 was the best time ever in rohan! but in reality the game was still expensive then (lol $6.2 for a lvl 7 and you needed 5-12 of them) or 7 bucks for a 30 day costume and lets not get in to the cost of forging a weapon which was MORE than it costed to flat out buy an epic mace. I am sure if you ask old man mark he would tell you how much it costed to make a zhen in the 4-5 month area before epics were released. **** I made 23k rps off 2 weapon parts (a 15% range leo xbow and a 14% melee mace) and yeah for a farmer like me that time was great because 1 good drop was enough to cover a whole month of IM but everyone seems to forget that all rps are created through money and somebody is paying those absurd prices we had on the EM in $$.

PVP was never balanced it was just masked by the fact that everybody had 10-21k health and any DPS could break through that.

As far as GMs "knowing what they are doing" I would say they are just lazy I mean the GMs post redryder were really lazy and not in touch with what the community wanted. And every GM got progressively and progressively greedier in their promos until here we are and playwith dont know what is left to offer these "whales" maybe we need another talisman until you have 119 talismans so just 1 inventory slot hahaha.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Actually a week before trinity I made a lvl 1 put my lvl 1 bedrons twin auras and lvl 1 glacial dagger on and went to work in ahkma and I managed to make a full party so ahkma is not exactly dead for new players.

Aside from that I mean rohan has just been a slippery slope of bad mistakes that started from the beginning of the game. I know somebody who was around back then like me is gonna be like omg 2008-2009 was the best time ever in rohan! but in reality the game was still expensive then (lol $6.2 for a lvl 7 and you needed 5-12 of them) or 7 bucks for a 30 day costume and lets not get in to the cost of forging a weapon which was MORE than it costed to flat out buy an epic mace. I am sure if you ask old man mark he would tell you how much it costed to make a zhen in the 4-5 month area before epics were released. **** I made 23k rps off 2 weapon parts (a 15% range leo xbow and a 14% melee mace) and yeah for a farmer like me that time was great because 1 good drop was enough to cover a whole month of IM but everyone seems to forget that all rps are created through money and somebody is paying those absurd prices we had on the EM in $$.

PVP was never balanced it was just masked by the fact that everybody had 10-21k health and any DPS could break through that.

As far as GMs "knowing what they are doing" I would say they are just lazy I mean the GMs post redryder were really lazy and not in touch with what the community wanted. And every GM got progressively and progressively greedier in their promos until here we are and playwith dont know what is left to offer these "whales" maybe we need another talisman until you have 119 talismans so just 1 inventory slot hahaha.
    You don't really need that many level 7s. Agi Dhans need MR, DB, Silence, and Boost and Avoid can be left at level 6. Str Dhans need PC and MR. DB can be left at level 1. An extra 10% Strength can be matched by taking your +5 weapon to +8. Just get PP and DPP to 6. That extra damage you get from going from level 6 to 7 will hardly ever make the difference between a kill and your target escaping.

With a Str Guard you don't need any level 7's at all. Just get RM, CS, CS, Roha's, SS, and a few other things to 6. Damage-wise, you'd be missing 8% Str, 10% Weapon Attack, and 5% More Melee Attack. The extra 1% from OS is negligible. You'd have to be attacking something like a boss for it to make any real difference.

If you completely ignored IM back then, you'd be missing +30 all stats from costume, +40 all from Gold Trophy, and +20 from General Talisman. That's +90 All stats. This absolutely makes a difference, but look at all the stuff you can get within the actual game. There's the +20 All stat talisman from Kasa, the +15 All stat talisman from R5 talismans (Piece of ____), dual-stat weaponry, Eyepatches and Earrings in-game that are better than the ones on the IM, and reinforcement. The key is to get the permanent stuff in-game. It makes the difference between people with IM equipment and people without it, less decisive on who wins in PvP/PvE.

Of course, what I said above doesn't matter at all in 2015. The difference between people with a big budget and those who didn't became bigger and bigger over time. I remember when I still played on my Psy Healer. I was 4x and this Agi Dhan was going around rpking. That's usual, he was critting 900s+400 without Almighty, what was unusual was the fact that I could root him. Normally, he would have to be at least high 5x or 6x to deal that much damage, but no...... he was using 4x Spirit of Sloth. They were accs exclusive to the IM that gave +40 Str, +40 Vit, and +150 Melee Attack each. He had an Armene's Dagger, but because of the Melee Attack and Strength on those rings, he easily did 150+70 through my Pluion, while still critting like an Agi Dhan. You may think I'm exaggerating, but watch what these IM accs can do.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4IX3LP0tDc

At 43 seconds you can clearly see the 4x Spirit of Sloth.

... and don't forget this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqC1itkkbjo

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4IX3LP0tDc

At 43 seconds you can clearly see the 4x Spirit of Sloth.

... and don't forget this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqC1itkkbjo
    Dont forget they had crafted weapons to :P
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Dont forget they had crafted weapons to :P
    Doesn't make that much of a difference, though. Remember, Mo could have used a Blackness of Jinn with 30% Melee and some Str on it. It would only hit a little bit lower than a crafted Katar.

edit -> Thank you!
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 06-07-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    @pw staff: Will you guys please ban this .... spammer?
    Done and done.

Doesn't make that much of a difference, though. Remember, Mo could have used a Blackness of Jinn with 30% Melee and some Str on it. It would only hit a little bit lower than a crafted Katar.
    Still back then those crafted weapons did hit harder and where kind of easy to get if you knew what were you doing ofc. I like crafted weapons and armors because you can just pop 2 pairs of twins and run around with it easy with the options you want on said weapon. Sadly is not that easy to make them nor maintain them.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melih15 View Post
    I'm sorry but i couldn't resist the fact that you guys went way off topic.
    Jagex is like YNK if you think about it. YNK was against botting, but allowed it if you used their version that was branded as a "Hunter Kit"... it's a ****in' purchasable bot! Jagex was against RWT because of the possibility of big spenders having an advantage, but they added the "Squeal of Fortune". It's randomized RWT, you don't choose what you wan't, but it's still RWT. Shameful.

Jagex is like YNK if you think about it. YNK was against botting, but allowed it if you used their version that was branded as a "Hunter Kit"... it's a ****in' purchasable bot! Jagex was against RWT because of the possibility of big spenders having an advantage, but they added the "Squeal of Fortune". It's randomized RWT, you don't choose what you wan't, but it's still RWT. Shameful.
    TBH you cant call that game pay to win. Does not matter how much you spend on treasure hunter you wont get the best and rarest items without putting in hard work on those "PvM" tasks and getting a little bit of luck. If you ever check /r/runescape you will see the ridiculous RNG luck that has nothing to do with treasure hunter promos or money. At the end of the day ppl who feel cheated out of the game because some1 can buy 200 spins get some lamps and train like that are fools since there are only 18 people with 200m xp in every skill and 19040 players with 99 in every skill (and 120 dungeoneering). Wheres the prestiege in that? There is none so get over it bby :P

*there are 19040 players with 99 and every skill and 120 dungeoneering WITH an active membership because non members are not displayed on the high score.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461