+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    I was the same. But well, I wont write exactly what I was thinking.

But yea, welcome Hoshimodel. You look a lot like another cosplay model that used to play here
    aka Sairu? xD

But oh well welcome to this not so friendly game of competitiveness/rage/lying/backstabbing game. Here's the Golden rule here Trust No-one if you don't trust people with your account or stuff, then it is cool and we wish GL to ya
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

Yea Sairu ;p

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    You can trust me ;o
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic6000 View Post
    aka Sairu? xD

But oh well welcome to this not so friendly game of competitiveness/rage/lying/backstabbing game. Here's the Golden rule here Trust No-one if you don't trust people with your account or stuff, then it is cool and we wish GL to ya
    True story! Dont share items and passwords and you will play fine

Hello Hoshimodel! I want to be your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    You can trust me ;o

I kinda remember sairu...
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Tehee, who doesn't
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    If I could play jrohan/krohan I would be there right now.
    I wanna play jrohan!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    You do know that one of the GM requirements is to never have played this game before. That's one of the main reasons the game is like it is.
    Then I have to resign.
    I'll never get tired of you

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinUnderland View Post
    I wanna play jrohan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKMAzazyTw
    Well, this is what you'd get... in 2011. It's probably 4x worse today. Along with non-existant class and economic balance, Rohan is more than halfway-dead across the board. I remember playing Runescape back in 08-11. My brother played Rohan. It looked fun so I gave it a try, I was like WTF. It took forever to level up, making money was exhausting and tedious, and it was ruthless and unforgiving to new players in every aspect. I paid 20 bucks and bought a char and some other stuff, it still sucked. I went back to Runescape. Later I saw Wizard gameplay and gave that a try. It was ok... but then Epic weapons hit the game like a meteor. I was on my Wizard one day in R3 when a Savage around my level showed up. I was like pfft. is he going to try to kill me? He charged me and killed me in 2 crits... His name was "BigHit". He was pretty cocky because he had Epic Dual Swords. I quit a few weeks later.

I used to always watch my brother go in Assassin mode and terrorize parties all across the map. It was exhilarating to watch... but now, every other place seemed to be empty. So many people had quit. In 11 I saw him playing Rohan, but it was Xor... a private server. As a Runescape player, I always thought that private servers were malicious scams designed to steal your real info, thanks to Jagex. Really they're for people who are pissed off at the original version. The developers introduce some sort of bull into the game or remove stuff that the players enjoy. These games were similar. Jagex removed free trade and PvP in the wilderness, while YNK added game-breaking items. I played Xor, and I actually had a chance to be a factor in the game without spending a boatload of money. Most of all, it was actually easy and fun. I didn't come home from school expecting to have to kill the same monsters for hours and hours just to go from level 40 to 43.

Aside from the glitchers and hackers, Xor was a very fun private server. I was able to play with every class and experiment with different builds and options, without having to devote my life to it like I-Rohan. While I-Rohan was dying, Xor was thriving, until it got shut down on Oct 23, 2012. Me and a lot of other players went back to official. I charged more RPS, and went to the new Jin server, but the outcome was the same. I had quit again. More p-servers were created, and people from I-Rohan went to them, and YNK implemented more and more detrimental updates to the game, the population steadily decreased. For some reason I decided to go back to I-Rohan, I remember logging in and seeing R1, Roha, R3, Spire, Rima, Shielynth, etc. all be empty. On a good day there would be around 20 10x people pvping in Ahkma entrance, about 20 afk kiosks in Montt, and a few afk kiosks at Lime.

There was Underground Rohan, Dark Gamerz Rohan, and Renaissance Rohan. Renaissance Rohan didn't shut down from legal action, but it died out as more and more people quit. After this no other Rohan server has been anything more than a ghost town. Private servers now are lucky to ever get more than 50 different players. So many players have been driven away by putting effort into a server, only to lose what they created because YNK flexed its muscles. It's also obvious that this is an old game. Many people started playing this game at around 18-25, and have grown up. Their lives have become much busier and/or they have just gotten bored of the game. This leaves only the die-hard spenders left. This makes it extremely edgy and repulsive to new players. Who here honestly sees an advertisement for an MMORPG that looks fun and thinks, "I think i'd spend 150 USD on that game to be competitive if that's what it takes"? Nowadays, the population of the game might go up by 4-5 players, but they quickly leave.

A new person downloads and installs this game. They read a guide on the internet and level up to around 20-25. They go in Ahkma, nobody is there. They kill a few mobs for hours and die when the mobs get too strong for their level. They go to a town and try to forge some rare equipment. Either they fail every piece, or they fail 80% of it, and fail to refine the stats and levels off of 100% of the forged equipment. They quit.
    Last edited by bloodybladez3; 06-04-2015 at 12:16 PM.