+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaen View Post
    Yes they so knew as MrTheyNeverCharge but all got 5 Paypal accounts in case off so I was wondering why lolz
    That confuse me xD
    prob the same thing you did when you bought my staff? oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    I'm not the God that's raging. I'm the rage from the flying spaghetti monster. RAWR!

I am sure some of the very fundamentalist muslims would be somewhat upset with me if I called myself Allah or Muhammad though. Likewise I am sure some South Baptist christian fundamentalist would get upset if I called myself JesusChrist.

Religions tend to be a touchy subject for a reason. They can get really passionate. Some people get angry when they feel someone is belittling their beliefs and faith.

@Eagle : I thought the devil already WAS a lawyer... Go figure.
    No, u can actually call ur self muhammad and nobody would say anything muhammed waa just a prophet from god just a human being, same goes for jesus but jesus is only a prophet for us muslims and some christians but for some other christians he is a god or son of the god which is wrong, so maybe thats why some people wouls get offended if u called ur self jesuscrist but not when u call ur self muhammam, islam is 1 relegion that applies its all rules on every muslim thats why u dont find differences between us yet its ur choice to either commit to these rules or not to and what you choose will have its consequences (Heaven or Hell)
    What happened to you was not going to pass you, and what passed you was not going to happen to you.

{Prophet Mohammad}

The "without limitation", they cant apply it as they want anyway because some commercial laws would force them to refund all what ppl paid for, and there is some laws for protect us as costumers, you know, thats why GMs/moderators sign a close of confidentiality that if they touch those datas as our name, without purpose, the company can go on theyr asses directly and he would have to assume theyr mistakes directly to the costumers that he have did the mistakes
    Like the modification of computing data, unfair trade practice, the TOS is for cover theyr asses, against ppl that want attack theyr company with letters or complains, but they cant go over laws that rules them and against investigations of authorities

Exemple: he touch my nickname, i dont contact PlW, but the authorities and complain about hacking, change of data or unfair trade practice, the authorities would invest PlW forced to gives the log and PlW would return against the GM in question for he gives his explainations about it + i heard he put name for troll costumers for they change it again and have to pay so its not legal at all

Also as I said above, till the name is politically correct, they cant touch the data for change it, if not, they have to delete it

+ what about these ppl with name as PUTA (b*tch), ZanCuloCabron (In the procurer ass), CabrON (procurer) ? 100% sure here those who report me actually LOLZ

2nd + nothing offensive in using JesusChrist has nickname, nor in a point of view theologic, nor secular.
    Oh you would be very surprised what that little "without limitation" lets them do. trust me. And everyone here agreed to it.

So tell me. If their wizzy's name to "Daffodil" what would you do about it? Sue them? Do you really think a judge would even listen to such a case especially when PWI has a pretty much all-encompassing ToS agreement? Do you think you have any recourse at all when they ban your account with no reasons given to you?

In the past 7 years hundreds of people have had their accounts shut down and not a one of them can do anything about it. And I am sure some of those accounts have had $1000 or more USD paid into them - without a single penny refunded. If these guys can do that, they can change your name on you if they feel it offends. It is not your decision whether they change your name on you. It is theirs. It is their system, their Rules, and as long as you agree to be bound by them they can do anything involving your accounts that they want within those rules "without limitation".

In your case all it would take is several people complaining that they are offended by your character's name and *poof!* you become "Daffodil".
    Last edited by GodsRage; 05-23-2015 at 03:30 AM.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

Oh you would be very surprised what that little "without limitation" lets them do. trust me. And everyone here agreed to it.

So tell me. If their wizzy's name to "Daffodil" what would you do about it? Sue them? Do you really think a judge would even listen to such a case especially when PWI has a pretty much all-encompassing ToS agreement? Do you think you have any recourse at all when they ban your account with no reasons given to you?

In the past 7 years hundreds of people have had their accounts shut down and not a one of them can do anything about it. And I am sure some of those accounts have had $1000 or more USD paid into them - without a single penny refunded. If these guys can do that, they can change your name on you if they feel it offends. It is not your decision whether they change your name on you. It is theirs. It is their system, their Rules, and as long as you agree to be bound by them they can do anything involving your accounts that they want within those rules "without limitation".

In your case all it would take is several people complaining that they are offended by your character's name and *poof!* you become "Daffodil".
    I had the case before for "rohanopoly push", well they gave the reason, i accepted it, but the account, i can still modify the data on it, its just locked for infraction, they gave the reason on support but they didnt changed any datas, i can access to the payment done, my infos, ect, they CANT change that, its the Privacy Policy. As explained in Karazy's post, if they feel offended they cant just change the name as something they want for ppl have to buy a rename, its unfair commercial practices, + against the Privacy Policy
    /Quit

I had the case before for "rohanopoly push", well they gave the reason, i accepted it, but the account, i can still modify the data on it, its just locked for infraction, they gave the reason on support but they didnt changed any datas, i can access to the payment done, my infos, ect, they CANT change that, its the Privacy Policy. As explained in Karazy's post, if they feel offended they cant just change the name as something they want for ppl have to buy a rename, its unfair commercial practices, + against the Privacy Policy
    This is what Karazy posted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    I'm enforcing it NOW. It's been a rule that has always been in place, it's been up in our forums for over 4 years. I recently reviewed it and re-posted it for my players, and now it seems like it's being noticed. I will change names on the spot, to the most embarrassing things I can think of, for people that have inappropriate names against the rules that are up. Don't let me catch you with a nasty name, or you'll have a silly one instead!

See you in game!
    That's what he said. Thing is that is is not an unfair business practice if you name your character something offensive and they change it to something silly. If you don't like the silly name you are free to buy a rename to something less offensive. You are not being forced to do that though. But their rules do say that you can't be running around with a nasty or offensive name. The fact that there are people running around now with nasty/offensive names only shows that PWI staff have been lax in the enforcement of their policies.

Now there is taking it too far. a huge number of names you find in forums/games will have roots in some kind of current or past religion. All of the Greek & Norse gods have been seen in MMOs. In fact a couple of my favorites are Nox and Loki. I've named a dekan in Rohan Abraxos (a play on the Greek god Abraxas - it was originally named Jiru but I changed it) - surprisingly i've seen it around recently.

The point I am making is that names are not offensive unless players complain to staff that they are. Staff like Karazy here will take it upon themselves to deal with the blatant ones if he feels the name is too offensive to let slide by. But as always, it is complaints being received by staff that will get them to investigate and handle the situation. After all no staff member wants to waste time on witchhunts.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

+ what about these ppl with name as PUTA (b*tch), ZanCuloCabron (In the procurer ass), CabrON (procurer)?
    What is offensive about procurer? u obviously dont even know what it means if u would say that. U should look that 1 up in the dictionary. and the ass procurer is alot less offensive than JesusChrist. and yes JesusChrist should be changed, cuz regardless of ur beliefs it is a religious figure, and highly worshipped by a great many ppl. and JesusChrist u definately are not, u dont deserve that name

Cabron is not procurer. I loled sooo hard, its F*cker. Learn spanish kid.
    ZanCuloCabron = Zan (Saint) Culo (A$$, A$$hole) Cabron (F*cker)

Learn your spanish!!!
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

This is what Karazy posted...

That's what he said. Thing is that is is not an unfair business practice if you name your character something offensive and they change it to something silly. If you don't like the silly name you are free to buy a rename to something less offensive. You are not being forced to do that though. But their rules do say that you can't be running around with a nasty or offensive name. The fact that there are people running around now with nasty/offensive names only shows that PWI staff have been lax in the enforcement of their policies.

Now there is taking it too far. a huge number of names you find in forums/games will have roots in some kind of current or past religion. All of the Greek & Norse gods have been seen in MMOs. In fact a couple of my favorites are Nox and Loki. I've named a dekan in Rohan Abraxos (a play on the Greek god Abraxas - it was originally named Jiru but I changed it) - surprisingly i've seen it around recently.

The point I am making is that names are not offensive unless players complain to staff that they are. Staff like Karazy here will take it upon themselves to deal with the blatant ones if he feels the name is too offensive to let slide by. But as always, it is complaints being received by staff that will get them to investigate and handle the situation. After all no staff member wants to waste time on witchhunts.
    Yes kinda

Quote Originally Posted by sh1n1gami View Post
    What is offensive about procurer? u obviously dont even know what it means if u would say that. U should look that 1 up in the dictionary. and the ass procurer is alot less offensive than JesusChrist. and yes JesusChrist should be changed, cuz regardless of ur beliefs it is a religious figure, and highly worshipped by a great many ppl. and JesusChrist u definately are not, u dont deserve that name
    procurers are those who taxes bitches, its sexual, so against TOS (the old TOS)
    JesusChrist is offensive ? u jelly bra ? more seriously since when in the Christianism using Jesus Christ in the art, name, and so on as a figure is a "crime" I know Muslim condemn ppl that use the prophet Mohamed or w.e and still use JC in the Coran, so if you want to enter in the weirds things of some religions we can open that debate... but u wont like it
    + I prooved by a + b that Jesus Christ isnt only religious so get over it kid

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Cabron is not procurer. I loled sooo hard, its F*cker. Learn spanish kid.
    ZanCuloCabron = Zan (Saint) Culo (A$$, A$$hole) Cabron (F*cker)

Learn your spanish!!!
    Im not spanish at all lolz
    /Quit

what's a procurer?;