+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    Wrong. I am not naming my self God. I named my self His RAGE. Therez a difference

@ Eagle: Maybe my next acct should be named FSM

Really? Which one have I broken? Am I calling myself "God"?

Rock on Grandma!
    The rule of religious origin name. and that does not matter, it still refers to God. u have the God word in there. That's a violation of the rule, period.

Wrong. I am not naming my self God. I named my self His RAGE. Therez a difference
    Technically god's rage is of religious origin because 1) the word god is, and 2) violent gods and their rage is/was very much part of different religions. The Naming Polly-See does not specify it has to be religious person; just the given examples are.

Also it seems my posts have magically disappeared!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    I fail to see how having offensive/inappropriate names has ANYTHING to do with how characters in game dress or look like. The rules have always been there, if they were enforced or not before I started enforcing them is irrelevant. As I said earlier, they are being enforced NOW. I AM providing free name changes, if I catch you with an inappropriate name, I will change it to something that IS appropriate(Though you may not like what it is..). If you don't like the name that it was changed to, then maybe you shouldn't have broken our rules in the first place?

..Besides that, I am pretty busy doing other things to improve the general quality of our game, so you will have plenty of time to request name changes to appropriate names that you would want before I catch you. ~<3

See you in game!
    This game is advertised as a Mature 18+ game by the way. Just so you know.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    But then you would also need to ban any link to any mythology.

In fact, I couldn't even call my character to my actual own name as it, too, is linked to religion (but not given to me by that meaning - but after my mom watched Jonathan Livingstone Seagull (no but really, I'm serious here D: )
    So, where DO you draw the line?

And that is the reason why "some" names are allowed, due to being in the grey zone. Can't be too rigid with rules, the same applies in real life. Why does one get a fine and another only a warning? Etc.
    The point is, when it is clear that it has been done to offend, to shock or mock - whipe it clean.

I mean, "DickBuTT" for an example - what other purpose but childish wordplay does this represent? What did one hope to achieve by making a guild with that name? Fame?

@bosshunt: what are you talking about? I lost over 6K on posts.
    That's 6000!

SIX $@&!%$#@ THOUSAND!

I just can't get over it *lesigh*
    What were they thinking?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

It has been a very long time indeed since that naming policy was last enforced. At some point a GM even overrode a part of that policy by saying special characters are allowed in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    That's 6000!

SIX $@&!%$#@ THOUSAND!

What were they thinking?
    There must be some dark forces at work here. I have not lost 6k posts, but I did lose 2 posts right from this thread. If you check on the previous page GodsRage quoted me:

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    Your forum name is of Religious Origin!

@ Eagle: Maybe my next acct should be named FSM

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshine View Post
    Yup, I hereby am reporting that douche (GodsRage). Pls have him dealt with accordingly, Karazy. Funny he's talking about rules and poking fun of others when he's broken them himself.
    Really? Which one have I broken? Am I calling myself "God"?

Rock on Grandma!
    Try and click that View Post button - it leads nowhere. And speaking of witch...craft, that Kenshine's post is gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    But then you would also need to ban any link to any mythology.

In fact, I couldn't even call my character to my actual own name as it, too, is linked to religion (but not given to me by that meaning - but after my mom watched Jonathan Livingstone Seagull (no but really, I'm serious here D: )
    So, where DO you draw the line?

And that is the reason why "some" names are allowed, due to being in the grey zone. Can't be too rigid with rules, the same applies in real life. Why does one get a fine and another only a warning? Etc.
    The point is, when it is clear that it has been done to offend, to shock or mock - whipe it clean.

I mean, "DickBuTT" for an example - what other purpose but childish wordplay does this represent? What did one hope to achieve by making a guild with that name? Fame?

That's 6000!

SIX $@&!%$#@ THOUSAND!

What were they thinking?
    Your forum name is of religious origin! Eagles are cultural AND religious symbols!!!!!!!

"Both Bald and Golden Eagles (and their feathers) are highly revered and considered sacred within American Indian traditions, culture and religion. They are honored with great care and shown the deepest respect. They represent honesty, truth, majesty, strength, courage, wisdom, power and freedom." - American Eagle Foundation

You are not worthy of having "Eagle" anywhere in your name. For sullying the image of the Eagle, you must watch this video to redeem yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2UVnY6tuCA

The rule of religious origin name. and that does not matter, it still refers to God. u have the God word in there. That's a violation of the rule, period.
    Which religion exactly? Judaism? Hindu? Buddhism? Which god are you talking about exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    Technically god's rage is of religious origin because 1) the word god is, and 2) violent gods and their rage is/was very much part of different religions. The Naming Polly-See does not specify it has to be religious person; just the given examples are.

Also it seems my posts have magically disappeared!
    You both are taking the Naming Poly-see a little literal. Perhaps Karazy should get PWI's lawers to rewrite that policy so there is no ambiguity.

Kensine and hally is pissed because I called them on their blatant harassment and am looking to Karazy1337 to enforce his policies. That kind of crap is not supposed to be going on here and it is long past time the GMs put a stop to it.

Welcome to the post disappearance party bosshunt. Peagle was busted from spam king to posting peasant overnight.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

Well I was a bit worried about this policy then... i did some research about the name i used to choose xD

I have my wizz named JesusChrist and its not against the TOS actually because its not religious, its an icon name (as mythology, mentionned in The Bible, The Coran, Jehova's Witness, all regious books use the name JesusChrist but all with different versions of it) and the TOS are mentionned about it (so i think all ppl that use Greeks Divinities names are clearly fcked if TOS would anyway), thats not occult because occult is about paranormal (as Moïse ? its the first one I think about), and its not historic either, history is a SCIENCE of knowledge of the past, mythology isnt.

If I would have call it Jesus, or JesusDeNazareth or TheChrist it would be against the TOS, JesusChrist is not, its an icon name.

Just because I heard some ppl wanted to report me, so its useless, its not against the TOS ))))))
    Last edited by Sylfaen; 05-21-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    /Quit

that doesn't matter squat. which ever religion it is. the rule applies to anything religious origin and yours has to do with this. ''Allah'' and ''God'' is the same. Ergo, should the right actions be taken against the violation you've made. Idk why karazy1337 chose to be lenient with you and even went as far as editing my report too.
    prove it. totally different religions.

Point is my handle is not about any god, named or otherwise. It is not a prophet or martyr's name. It's not a god's name in any religion established or otherwise. Who does it offend beyond you with your desire to incite flaming?

So let's look at the purpose of rules in a forum shall we? Why are they there? This forum is visible to the open public. You don't even need to be a members to read any of this. Do you understand WHY there are rules against names having religious significance or rules against starting flame wars with harassment and sexual references? They exist to keep from offending other members of the community. Apparently you don't quite understand that since the Moderator/GM is editing your posts.

still wan the D of strellan, i see.
    Stellan doesn't have a Donkey as far as I know.

How old are you? You know you are supposed to be an adult to post here, right? Does your mommy know you are playing with her computer again?
    Act your age.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 05-22-2015 at 03:59 AM.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaen View Post
    Well I was a bit worried about this policy then... i did some research about the name i used to choose xD

I have my wizz named JesusChrist and its not against the TOS actually because its not religious, its an icon name (as mythology, mentionned in The Bible, The Coran, Jehova's Witness, all regious books use the name JesusChrist but all with different versions of it) and the TOS are mentionned about it (so i think all ppl that use Greeks Divinities names are clearly fcked if TOS would anyway), thats not occult because occult is about paranormal (as Moïse ? its the first one I think about), and its not historic either, history is a SCIENCE of knowledge of the past, mythology isnt.

If I would have call it Jesus, or JesusDeNazareth or TheChrist it would be against the TOS, JesusChrist is not, its an icon name.

Just because I heard some ppl wanted to report me, so its useless, its not against the TOS ))))))
    Sylf, I hate to tell you this but the name Jesus Christ is the basis of Christianity (see that "Christ" in the name?) and pretty much began with his life. It is as inflammatory to devout christians as naming your toon Muhammad would be to devout muslems. It is belittling to the beliefs of those religions and people will object to it if they know they can.

Tbh I'm surprised you didn't get 'rock'ed.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 05-22-2015 at 06:41 AM.