View Poll Results: What would you like to happen to DD items?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removal of DD Stat completely!

8 7.55%
  • DD Stat Nerf! (Less DD per point of DD)

2 1.89%
  • DD Stat Cap! (DD caps at certain amount)

62 58.49%
  • DD is fine/needs no changes!

28 26.42%
  • Other! Post your own Opinion!

6 5.66%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Items Poll~

I gave playwith the solution 1000000000000000000000000000000 years ago but it seems like only when e2n start qqing does it become a international crisis (i may have quit but some things just never change).

Just cap the DD at 88-91% per character.

Lets address the benefits and "nerfs"

1: No more 100% DD guardians/defenders

Rohan community has this problem that I call the "derp balancing" meaning that if one class can derp harder than the rest then the game is broken. Anybody who says guardians are underpowered is bat**** insane, their lockdown is second to none and they work fine in group pvp. Dual wielding defenders are walking empower totems with rush so again the derp balancing complex destroys another perfectly good class, how are you gonna get rid of obli without whirlwind bois and grills? guess pvp is derpier now and ppl just retreat when that priest gets sheltered with obli. 100% DD guardians and defenders also spoiled events I remember before I quit all the 100% dd babies making every last man standing into a draw.

2: You can split up those DD pieces!

DD gear does not lose its value with a DD cap, instead its usability increases as you can put the boots on 1 priest and the gloves on the other or any arrangement of the two.

3: Playwith can sell DD gear because it wont make the game any more broken than it already is!

This is a pay to win game and theres more whales than there are DD gears so I just had to mention that this is a possibility. Or maybe boomforce event comes back (pm me if you want a breakdown of how that event works) which is where various items (melee boots, dd boots, dd gloves, crit helmet etc.) came from also there was a forge an item event which is where the 2 30% dmg reflect edwins came from.

4: Once DD cap is put in you can actually look at balancing the game.

I have said for a long time that bless shield needs a buff (it needs skill defense and more block rate) if you ever want to see defenders return to their front line tank status, aside from that you cant exactly balance a game if there are people who are 100% immune from all damage except 3 dd piercing skills.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I gave playwith the solution 1000000000000000000000000000000 years ago but it seems like only when e2n start qqing does it become a international crisis (i may have quit but some things just never change).

Just cap the DD at 88-91% per character.

Lets address the benefits and "nerfs"

1: No more 100% DD guardians/defenders

Rohan community has this problem that I call the "derp balancing" meaning that if one class can derp harder than the rest then the game is broken. Anybody who says guardians are underpowered is bat**** insane, their lockdown is second to none and they work fine in group pvp. Dual wielding defenders are walking empower totems with rush so again the derp balancing complex destroys another perfectly good class, how are you gonna get rid of obli without whirlwind bois and grills? guess pvp is derpier now and ppl just retreat when that priest gets sheltered with obli. 100% DD guardians and defenders also spoiled events I remember before I quit all the 100% dd babies making every last man standing into a draw.

2: You can split up those DD pieces!

DD gear does not lose its value with a DD cap, instead its usability increases as you can put the boots on 1 priest and the gloves on the other or any arrangement of the two.

3: Playwith can sell DD gear because it wont make the game any more broken than it already is!

This is a pay to win game and theres more whales than there are DD gears so I just had to mention that this is a possibility. Or maybe boomforce event comes back (pm me if you want a breakdown of how that event works) which is where various items (melee boots, dd boots, dd gloves, crit helmet etc.) came from also there was a forge an item event which is where the 2 30% dmg reflect edwins came from.

4: Once DD cap is put in you can actually look at balancing the game.

I have said for a long time that bless shield needs a buff (it needs skill defense and more block rate) if you ever want to see defenders return to their front line tank status, aside from that you cant exactly balance a game if there are people who are 100% immune from all damage except 3 dd piercing skills.
    Preds Timer Trap and Other poison like skills help on drop those 100% DD chars to.
    The problem here is that everyone is spoiled with having OP skills doing insane damage and the excuse is Templars hit insanely hard so its fair. I like your idea of moving Humans back to the front lines how they are meant to be, cap DD but convincing GMs and players that that's how its supposed to be is another completely insanely hard campaign that will end up in players quitting(cry babies that don't want to fix the game) and/or populating servers again from when it was in the beginning of rohan. I thought of the sell/event price on those DD items to but there's going to be another quitting cry babies raging all over forums about it. So any of this solutions will have to be weight and see whats less bad than the other. My solution to this is a test on event server for as long as it has to be done till it can be fixed.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

This. Is stupid. You were talking proper right until that point. Just because a few counted on the fingers players have them you want to overflow the whole game with it? Where they can just wipe off those items from the game or just implement a DD cap. Full stop.

Also inventing said events or selling DD items will just imbalance the game even more like you pointed out but you went on to spout the crap they can sell DD items anyway. Perhaps it's just best for you to seat yourself and stfu when you don't even play this game to begin with.

Temps can't even tickle a 100% dd char so 100% characters unbalance the game. Jeez.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of ways to kill a 100% dd character. Dhan, Dekans and Noirs all have skills that can drop a 100% dd toon pretty damn quick. DD does not stop all magic attacks (tick-based attacks do some damage) and a defenders providing DN to anybody getting hammered will die pretty fast too.

Having 100% DD does not make a toon immortal. It just makes them a little more challenging to kill.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourous View Post
    This. Is stupid. You were talking proper right until that point. Just because a few counted on the fingers players have them you want to overflow the whole game with it? Where they can just wipe off those items from the game or just implement a DD cap. Full stop.

Also inventing said events or selling DD items will just imbalance the game even more like you pointed out but you went on to spout the crap they can sell DD items anyway. Perhaps it's just best for you to seat yourself and stfu when you don't even play this game to begin with.
    Rofl be objective please!

So I guess you would be one of those ppl who didnt want upg 2.0 to go on sale amirite? The entire basis for this e2n qq train on DD gear is that THEY DONT HAVE IT! it would be foolish not to point out that by capping DD they could sell them thus making the item more widespread across the game instead of in the hands of 3 ph players (50% dd set?) and 1 godlyke.

I dont see it as a bad thing anyways considering how hard people hit nowadays but hey what do I know... I only spent 7 years pvping amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    Temps can't even tickle a 100% dd char so 100% characters unbalance the game. Jeez.

I'm sorry but there are plenty of ways to kill a 100% dd character. Dhan, Dekans and Noirs all have skills that can drop a 100% dd toon pretty damn quick. DD does not stop all magic attacks (tick-based attacks do some damage) and a defenders providing DN to anybody getting hammered will die pretty fast too.

Having 100% DD does not make a toon immortal. It just makes them a little more challenging to kill.
    Thats not a little more challenging old man dont be silly. With the gear our chars have today you need to do OVER 100k damage in 10 seconds to have a chance at a kill. Is it not fair to say that a majority of the damage in this game is reduced by DD? even a guard can only ignore DD on the last hit. 88-92% dd is more than reasonable at least then you have to pot eventually or you will die compared to the ionlypotwhenigetdffs mode which you have right now.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 05-20-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourous View Post

It is stupid but PWI will/has and could end up making more money with it. You know that this companies sales are stupid to begin with Glac Upgds where unnecessary but it gave a close to balance to the game and made some people actually came back to play. As i said test every possibility before implementing, nothing is bad for the game if it can be of equal benefit to all classes.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Rofl be objective please!

So I guess you would be one of those ppl who didnt want upg 2.0 to go on sale amirite? What? The entire basis for this e2n qq train on DD gear is that THEY DONT HAVE IT! So? it would be foolish not to point out that by capping DD they could sell them thus making the item more widespread across the game instead of in the hands of 3 ph players (50% dd set?) and 1 godlyke it would actually be foolish TO sell these DD items, as it would only mess over all other classes that deal much lower and minimal damage than and besides templars. Temps would still have some relevant damage and all else just straight out nonfactor toons with little to no damage. Congrats on a completely unbalanced server. Instead of just removing DD on said items in possession of a few players.

I dont see it as a bad thing anyways considering how hard people hit nowadays but hey what do I know... I only spent 7 years pvping amirite?
    But you don't any more, so what does any of this have to do with you?
    Last edited by Glamourous; 05-20-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    It is stupid but PWI will/has and could end up making more money with it. You know that this companies sales are stupid to begin with Glac Upgds where unnecessary but it gave a close to balance to the game and made some people actually came back to play. As i said test every possibility before implementing, nothing is bad for the game if it can be of equal benefit to all classes.
    "It's stupid but they can sell them and it's not bad anyway" - No thanks jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshine View Post
    @ Karazy, if you're truly looking for opinions and willing to do something regarding this, then do something about filtering out votes that are coming off the same ip-address or just any vote coming from a cloaked ip-address so you get effective results rather than some asshats spam voting with alt accs for what interests and suits them best.
    also when is this poll gonna close? and when are you gonna initiate applying what's suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    It is stupid but PWI will/has and could end up making more money with it. You know that this companies sales are stupid to begin with Glac Upgds where unnecessary but it gave a close to balance to the game and made some people actually came back to play.As i said test every possibility before implementing, nothing is bad for the game if it can be of equal benefit to all classes
    As I said, we don't have to say no to everything if it can be a good implementation after being tested.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast