+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Please Help ERROR [114]

Well, i tried everything from this website
    http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard...ng/FAQ_114.htm
    everything..
    Reinstall my game, restart, etc
    One thing that i did not want to do is uninstall my antivirus. i use Bitdefender Pro Antivirus and Malwarebytes. i only disabled them from Task Manager.

All my Graphic Card is updated and my Directx also
    Graphics Card = Nvidia Quadro FX 360
    Directx = 11
    Ram = 2 Gb
    OS = Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit
    Processor = AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor (2cpus), ~2.8GhHz

help please.. even though im new to this game but i wanted to play it because my friend invite me to play this game. he says this game very cool so yeah i want to give it a try

That's easy! Just delete the contents of your Gameguard folder.

Quote Originally Posted by amalager View Post
    That's easy! Just delete the contents of your Gameguard folder.
    Did you read his post? he reinstalled the game from scratch. Didn't work.

Neither does deleting the contents of the gameguard folder. Tried that -- total failure.

Any other suggestions?
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

Hmmm, how about this?

http://www.7tutorials.com/introducin...pps-your-child

Did you check your settings there?

the little anime gifs are cute but ... Windows will not let you install the game if you are not an Administrator.

Thing is that GameGuard is a particularly nasty rootkit that watches Rohan's network ports. If there is anything, anything at all that attaches to the same network ports that rohanclient.exe does, it assumes a hack program is playing a man-in-middle game and freaks out with this error.

It also watches for programs that access the same memory space as rohanclient.exe. If it finds one, it freaks out and shuts down anything having to do with Rohan.

Think now, what program do we all know about that exhibits connects to rohanclient.exe's network ports and uses rohanclient.exe's memory space?

rohanclient.exe.

If you understand how processes in Windows works, you will understand that when you first start rohanclient.exe, an instance of gameguard is also started to watch for nastiness. When the rohanclient.exe is closed, it is supposed to also close the gameguard process instance that it opened with finalizing critical code section on its main thread. The PID if the rohanclient.exe that starts gameguard is tracked in a runtime table that goes away when the gameguard instance itself goes away. This table also tracks subsequent instances of rohanclient (via the gameguard instance those start).

Because it is not wise to have multiple instances of gameguard running since they wiull stomp on each other, only the first one is allowed to keep running. Any second or 3rd instances started only register their clients and go away.

Because the 1st instance of the rohan client starts gameguard, if you start more instances of rohan, they do NOT start new gameguard instances. Theese simply register their rohanclient in that PID table and exit leaving the firsdt gameguard instance to manage everything. Remember what I said about the rohan ionstance that launches gameguard also shuts it down when it exits or crashes?

What happens to those other Rohan instances that are left running with no gameguard (and its registration table) in memory? That's right - they become orphan rohanclient instances.

When you now start another rohan client at this point, its gameguard instance also starts and finds what? At least one unregistered program sitting in memory camped out on Rohan's communication ports (the rohan client that crashed, took out the only running instance of gameguard and its process table with it) - those orphaned rohanclient.exe programs that didn't crash!

This problem has nothing to do with child settings. It has nothing to do with firewalls and other settings. It has nothing to do with clearing the gameguard folder or even reinstalling the program (though in some cases this can help if a fix were actually published - but none were!).

It has everything to do with Rohan client design and how it interacts with gameguard. Here is what is supposed to happen:

(A) Program exiting/crashing - execute critical section
    (B if) there are other rohanclient instances running (check gg registration table -- possibly a gg api call)
    (B yes)
    - remove rohanclient's pid from registration table. do nothing else.
    (B else)
    - shut down gameguard
    (B end if)
    (C) exit rohanclient.exe

The logic for the fix is simple. A.B.C. Modify the game finalizer to simply bypass gameguard closure if there are other registered instances running. Just stop freaking killing it when there are still clients open.

Now if Rohan'c client has been coded this way, it may be necessary for both PlayWith and INCA to look at their products to see if they are using deprecated or obsolete Windows process management APIs to handle this under Windows 8.x or later. It may require some system detection code to determine if newer, unavailable APIs need to be used under the newer versions of Windows (particularly those using 64-bit versions of Windows 8.x).

The problem is that this will get ignored by PlayWith and is one of the reasons I am no longer playing this game here.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 04-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Too...much....info......nose...is...bleeding.

So, maybe he should check for an extra gameguard process using the task manager?

Playing a little bit with Task Manager has helped me a lot specially dealing with this GG problems i would say look at your GG folder and see if there is any kind of process that's been added to the GG folder for no reasons what so ever. Um im no expert like GodsRage/BananaBandit but I've found Logitech/Pointer processes being moved to the GG folder for unknown reasons and it has been a really bad moment dealing with a lot of kill process to make this garbage program to work. I still have problems with it but by killing process and restarting it i managed to get back in game with as little problems as possible. Ohh and when i say killing process i mean killing everything not not windows or Rohan related. Plus if you don't know what you're doing best not to try it. After Rohan is running i restart any closed process with no problem. GL
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

A tool for determining which process is legit or not is the google any suspicious exe files you find in your task list. You will get back a results list from google - look at the top answers returned to give you an idea what that program is ans what it does. You can use that information to tell you if it belongs there or not.

If it doesn't blong there, kill it and use a program like autoruns.exe to clean up your system startup lists. You can find autoruns.exe here:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb963902.aspx

@amalager

Actually check to see if there is a gameguard one running with their rohanclient'exe entries. If one is NOT found, you are guaranteed one of those gameguard 114 errors when you try to start up a new client.

I really did not expect the average gamer here like you to understand that. I am hoping someone with a little technical knowledge on PlayWith's staff would look at that and understand that the problem is not necessarily with GameGuard itself, but their own use of it.

They need to understand that if they choose to use gameguard and allow multiple instances of your the game to run, that they can't simply follow the standard, documented way of integrating gameguard into their client. They need to take some extra steps that INCA may not have documented (INCA - GameGuard's author - assumes you will NEVER run multiple instances of your client!!) to allow multiple instances of their client to run without being orphaned.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 04-27-2015 at 06:44 AM.