+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: R.O.H.A.N. 2?

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by oIRENEo View Post
    How do you guys feel about R.O.H.A.N. 2 ?

Just because I'm trying to name it creatively.
    Anyway any suggestion on that if you're a developer and you may put something into it?

I'm not sure which would be main features yet.
    But it would be released in Korea first around upcoming July or August.

Thank you for awesome idea(IN ADVANCE ) !
    If Rohan 2 means ynk/pw will stop shutting down private servers of Rohan 1 I can't wait for it!

If Rohan 2 is run by the same people who ran this game I would not even consider downloading it. Here is why...

1. Class balance in this game has been AWFUL for years...and we get no balance patch. Clearly the devs either don't care, or are retarded, and either way I would not put much faith in them for a new game.
    2. The gms flat out lied about starting a server to be free of epics/upgrades, then gave total **** compensation to Jin players even though they restarted on a server with crappy forge/refine rates compared to Ran to get away from epics/upgrades. Lieing to customers and ****ing them over without even giving proper compensation...not a good way to keep them.
    3. This game is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to pay to win. Why would someone who only plans on spending a little money on a game want to bother with this game when they just get destroyed by people who spend a lot? If I was going to spend 10-20 bucks a month on a game I'd rather pay for a subscription based game then spend it on Rohan to get destroyed by someone spending 100-200 a month.
    4. Cheating/hacking/duping/whatever you want to call it is rampant in this game, but big spenders are allowed to get away with it even when they are caught.
    5. Rates in this game...are a joke. You know what happens when someone is trying to forge something, and 40 dollars worth of pres/options later they have nothing useable? You lose customers. For the 5% of retards that are like dam, I better spend another 40....the other 95% of players are like lol **** this, I just got ripped off, and they leave and go play real games.
    6. Prices in this game...are a joke. For the price of parts of one upgrade, before even attempting to forge it, I could literally go buy 2 new, recently released games.

So yeah...please release rohan 2 and leave rohan 1 pservers alone...because there have already been multiple pservers that provide a much better player experience than the retail server, but you retail jerks keep shutting them down

Alright well everybody is out with their personal agendas now so rohan2 already going downhill!

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Serf
    I want to be A GM (Guild Member / Game Masterz / General Manager) I can help the game.

Too much things happening here. This reminds me of RAN ONLINE..... very very very very similar is happening...
    Last edited by Ballistix; 04-16-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    If Rohan 2 means ynk/pw will stop shutting down private servers of Rohan 1 I can't wait for it!

If Rohan 2 is run by the same people who ran this game I would not even consider downloading it. Here is why...

1. Class balance in this game has been AWFUL for years...and we get no balance patch. Clearly the devs either don't care, or are retarded, and either way I would not put much faith in them for a new game.
    2. The gms flat out lied about starting a server to be free of epics/upgrades, then gave total **** compensation to Jin players even though they restarted on a server with crappy forge/refine rates compared to Ran to get away from epics/upgrades. Lieing to customers and ****ing them over without even giving proper compensation...not a good way to keep them.
    3. This game is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to pay to win. Why would someone who only plans on spending a little money on a game want to bother with this game when they just get destroyed by people who spend a lot? If I was going to spend 10-20 bucks a month on a game I'd rather pay for a subscription based game then spend it on Rohan to get destroyed by someone spending 100-200 a month.
    4. Cheating/hacking/duping/whatever you want to call it is rampant in this game, but big spenders are allowed to get away with it even when they are caught.
    5. Rates in this game...are a joke. You know what happens when someone is trying to forge something, and 40 dollars worth of pres/options later they have nothing useable? You lose customers. For the 5% of retards that are like dam, I better spend another 40....the other 95% of players are like lol **** this, I just got ripped off, and they leave and go play real games.
    6. Prices in this game...are a joke. For the price of parts of one upgrade, before even attempting to forge it, I could literally go buy 2 new, recently released games.

So yeah...please release rohan 2 and leave rohan 1 pservers alone...because there have already been multiple pservers that provide a much better player experience than the retail server, but you retail jerks keep shutting them down
    I totally agree; you can buy a PS4 and the latest games at the store and there is still money on your pockets.

well all i can say,you must give old classes some advantage,like dhan,guard,dekan,warlock,wiz,giant.The stupid thing about rohan game is only based on templar and now this new class,you guys dont think about who like other classes and play them been all time.For example dekans %80 resist and what u gonna do lol you only have dffs and ffs and normal upg dekans does 110-140k damages but what about new class 45k regular none stop 15 sec stun,bull**** seriously,i can give more example guardian just vacum it and they are nothing,if you wanna fix rohan first check old classes they need to be useful thats all,one class game not that funny,people need to play different classes so it can be more fun.

hahahahahahahahhaahahahahhaahahahahahahahahah
    thats funny thing
    fix rohan 1 and then go to rohan 2 fix bug-made balance-look agin in IM and sale rp .
    rohan 1 fail becuz you dont Marketing of the game and work like the rest of publicity Cafe Games .

R.O.H.A.N. 2.0

Client/Server

Updated game engine. The in house GeoMind game engine is way out of date by about 10 years. No doubt the original developers of that code are long gone from YNK's employ. To keep from reinventing the wheel, I suggest licensing of a popular, newer generation game engine like Unity or Unreal Engine (resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines)

This will also resolve some of the many clollision detection issues that R.O.H.A.N. currently has (examples -- glitching into walls and other stationary scene components, escaping sealing squares).

Client design

Replace buggy GameGuard antihack with something more reliable. Current AH implementation throws far too many false positives which infuriates your users.

Provide a means to return to the server selection list without completely closing the client and restarting (i.e. go to char selection and from there go to server selection).

Please, Please, Please provide better customization of characters!! The cookie cutter characters are boring as hell!! Allow customization of height, weight, build and facial appearance of characters. The simple hair and face selection does not cut it in a world of where characters are infinitely customizable in your competitors games. The total lack of trinity character customization is a really bad joke with no punchline.

Fully scalable in windowed mode. There is no reason at all to force the game into fixed resolutions and every reason it should not be. With the wide variety of display resolutions out there it is very short sighted to restrict gamers to a few popular resolutions.

Remove multiclient support. This really causes more problems that it cures. While this is nice to have, it is obvious that your AntiHack system and client cannot deal with this possibility. Remove it and focus on making your client more robust / user friendly instead.

Shops

Item Mall
    Reserve the Web-based shops for Services and Exchange Market. Move Item Mall handling in-game. There really is no need for an external ITEM MALL. Most of your better competitors do this quite successfully.

Never, sell permanent weapons, accessories, armor or their components in the Item Mall. NEVER!! No permanent 'Epics'. No permanent 'Upgrades'. No Permanent Talismans. I see no harm in selling TIMED versions of these things that goes away after a month and charging a fair value for them. But permanent ones? Hell NO!

Exchange
    The trading of characters in an exchange market is pretty unique to R.O.H.A.N. I would see this continue since it is one of the factors that have kept this game alive.
    I would like to see the ability to package permanent, untradeable goods for sale with your character - particularly permanent, untradeable goods such as twins, costumes and mounts. These add value to the character and provide a means of preserving these 'paid for' things that should be treated in the same manner that Skill Enhancement Stones are. An 'Sealed Inventory' similar to the Event Inventory where players can store their permanent, non-tradeable items would be perfect for this.

Add auctions to the Exchange Market.

Gameplay

I have no idea what PlayWith has in mind for gameplay in R.O.H.A.N. 2.0. I would hope that some rationalization of health vs damage nneeds to be done.

One of the problems with R.O.H.A.N. today is that one character can cause damage many times the health value of another character that has equal level and equipment levels.

It should never be possible for one character to 1 or 2-shot another character of equal level. That is can happen indicates a broken game and needs to be corrected. If you intend to create a new R.O.H.A.N., you need to be vigilant and proactive in making sure this can never happen and resolving any instances where tis occurs immediately.

That is my $.25 worth. Most of it will no doubt be ignored, but in case somebody is actually reading this out in PWI's staff meetings, it would be good to see at least some of it considered.
    Last edited by GodsRage; 04-17-2015 at 07:26 AM.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

First of all more stuff to do. Right now there are pretty much only 3 different activities: 1. PvP, 2. grind until you are high enough level for PvP and 3. spend enough money until you are capable for PvP. If the PvP is heavily based on just a few OP classes and the grind means setting up the Hunter Kit every once in a while, then no wonder the game does not seem very attractive to new players - why would they come if there is nothing to do. If you intend to focus on only PvP you'll have to make it exceptional to stand out.

2ndly, find an alternative to that damn GameGuard.

You should remove skill defense and Mareas battle. Why would you have 2 things in the game which cripple dekans?
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

Dekans are already crippled. After all when evolved they can't dance or fart.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast