+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: R.O.H.A.N. 2?

Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    R.O.H.A.N. 2.0

Client/Server

Updated game engine. The in house GeoMind game engine is way out of date by about 10 years. No doubt the original developers of that code are long gone from YNK's employ. To keep from reinventing the wheel, I suggest licensing of a popular, newer generation game engine like Unity or Unreal Engine (resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines)

This will also resolve some of the many clollision detection issues that R.O.H.A.N. currently has (examples -- glitching into walls and other stationary scene components, escaping sealing squares).

Client design

Replace buggy GameGuard antihack with something more reliable. Current AH implementation throws far too many false positives which infuriates your users.

Provide a means to return to the server selection list without completely closing the client and restarting (i.e. go to char selection and from there go to server selection).

Please, Please, Please provide better customization of characters!! The cookie cutter characters are boring as hell!! Allow customization of height, weight, build and facial appearance of characters. The simple hair and face selection does not cut it in a world of where characters are infinitely customizable in your competitors games. The total lack of trinity character customization is a really bad joke with no punchline.

Fully scalable in windowed mode. There is no reason at all to force the game into fixed resolutions and every reason it should not be. With the wide variety of display resolutions out there it is very short sighted to restrict gamers to a few popular resolutions.

Remove multiclient support. This really causes more problems that it cures. While this is nice to have, it is obvious that your AntiHack system and client cannot deal with this possibility. Remove it and focus on making your client more robust / user friendly instead.

Shops

Item Mall
    Reserve the Web-based shops for Services and Exchange Market. Move Item Mall handling in-game. There really is no need for an external ITEM MALL. Most of your better competitors do this quite successfully.

ADD DECENT COSTUMES

Never, sell permanent weapons, accessories, armor or their components in the Item Mall. NEVER!! No permanent 'Epics'. No permanent 'Upgrades'. No Permanent Talismans. I see no harm in selling TIMED versions of these things that goes away after a month and charging a fair value for them. But permanent ones? Hell NO!

Exchange
    The trading of characters in an exchange market is pretty unique to R.O.H.A.N. I would see this continue since it is one of the factors that have kept this game alive.
    I would like to see the ability to package permanent, untradeable goods for sale with your character - particularly permanent, untradeable goods such as twins, costumes and mounts. These add value to the character and provide a means of preserving these 'paid for' things that should be treated in the same manner that Skill Enhancement Stones are. An 'Sealed Inventory' similar to the Event Inventory where players can store their permanent, non-tradeable items would be perfect for this.

Add auctions to the Exchange Market.

Gameplay

I have no idea what PlayWith has in mind for gameplay in R.O.H.A.N. 2.0. I would hope that some rationalization of health vs damage nneeds to be done.

One of the problems with R.O.H.A.N. today is that one character can cause damage many times the health value of another character that has equal level and equipment levels.

It should never be possible for one character to 1 or 2-shot another character of equal level. That is can happen indicates a broken game and needs to be corrected. If you intend to create a new R.O.H.A.N., you need to be vigilant and proactive in making sure this can never happen and resolving any instances where tis occurs immediately.

That is my $.25 worth. Most of it will no doubt be ignored, but in case somebody is actually reading this out in PWI's staff meetings, it would be good to see at least some of it considered.
    Fixed that for you ;p

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

yeah really. The selection is pretty lame and the whole random crap is a pain in the a$$. If I'm buying a costume, I want to damn well pick the one I WANT!
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

The only constructive reply I've seen is from GodsRage. All the other "suggestions" are just "omg no epg shiz" and stuff like that. How about you start from the basics, talking about what makes Rohan 1 good and what doesn't?

One of the biggest compliments of Rohan is its fluid and active combat, be that pve or pvp. In other games if you so much as rotate the camera you stop attacking. Wtf is that all about? In Rohan your target is maintained and as long as you're within range you will maintain your attacking stance. Rohan also has attack skills which are activated in a smooth manner within combat and target switching is also easily accomplished whether it's for healing or attacking purposes. This fast and smooth gameplay is one of the biggest reasons why Rohan succeeded back in the day.

Graphics fidelity is another of Rohan 1's strong points. We're not talking about the junk locked frame rate, the lack of GPU acceleration or low resolution textures but the design of the game. Despite those graphical negatives, Rohan 1 has always looked really nice because the artists have made a real effort to make the armours, weapons, costumes, environments and baddies look good. Rohan 2 really needs to be high resolution, have Direct X dooflops and 60 frames per second, it really goes without saying. People only play games with classic graphics that are actually classic games!

So, these 2 points are the most important things to be carried over. Without them you just become yet another mmorpg and lose the unique selling points that Rohan 1 had.

As for other good things about Rohan, all you have to do is set the clock back a few years. While there may have been a couple of underpowered classes, there weren't any overpowered classes. Eventually you lost control of the mathematics so this time around you need to know exactly what impact adding new items and stats will do to your game. It didn't take me or other pserver devs long to find out your mistakes so why have you kept on making them in this version? Me or GodsRage can give you much deeper insights into exactly what's "wrong" if you ask us and don't be afraid to ask, we'll be happy to tell you.

Over time you've had to make rate increases to compete with pservers. Let's be honest, your original rates were too low and the game became too grindy. Other mmorpgs often give you the choice of grinding or questing but the rewards for questing here were almost completely worthless. The only way to get anywhere was to exp grind with a party, farm with a lucky drop talisman and forge during an event with guild buffs.

This brings me to the forging side of things. I really like how it's done apart from the fact that normal and rare equipment are nigh on worthless, only unique and ancient will get you anywhere and the cost of getting to that stage is pretty high. It wasn't so bad in the old days when the in-game economy and the EM was active because you really could put in some game time and reap the rewards but without a decent playerbase and a good economy you're left with a very nasty situation where you're nothing but self-dependant in an economy driven game. What you need to do in the future is to compress the stats, meaning that the difference between normal/rare and unique/ancient isn't as critical as it is now. Even normal gear should be relatively usable with unique and ancients being a real luxury but not prohibitively expensive to obtain.

When it comes to future updates, they really need to be planned in from the start as part of a pre-planned road map. Bedron tier and R5 worked because it was clearly planned, Ronelia also worked with its opening of the rest of Shiliyah but Kallistia was 50/50 because it seemed a little bit tacked on. The Hero additions were also poorly implemented too, it felt like they were shoehorned in, especially the very poor and unoriginal Hero skills. Trinity... I really don't know where to start with where you've gone wrong with it.

I'll leave it at that for now. Me and GodsRage are probably the most knowledgeable people on this forum to ask about Rohan 1 because we have direct knowledge and experience of the game's development within the pserver scene. People like sunnyangel just piggyback off other people's knowledge and don't actually know anything at all. Me and GodsRage also don't have any ulterior motives like making money or wanting to bring PWYNKI down because we don't like you. I've had a good relationship with Euthen and Atzigan so I don't see why you should be any different Irene Really do give us a shout if you want to discuss anything
    Last edited by Neophyte28; 04-18-2015 at 03:12 PM.

piggy back off what? I have been playing the game since its inception you might see me shoot a fact or two that I got from you & the old man from time to time but most of what I know comes from you know PLAYING the game at the top lvl.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Pfft end game, high lvl, haven't been interested in getting there with all the 1,2,3 shot fest there is up there. I like being crappy and getting killed with my farmed goods, because if i ever charged and get as i said 1,2,3 shoted then my money was worthless and would end up quitting for sure. At least Survival Arena and Power Arena keeps me busy. Ohh and free Clashing Valleys lol.

At least we can see some people actually interested in the future of this game.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    So kotdam lack of creativity around here.

If you plan to start on rohan2, you better start with a new story and scenario. New maps, new bosses, new challenges. Include PvP and PvE experience, new classes etc.

Owait Eclipse Online tried that stuff before dieing after 3 months lel

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    So kotdam lack of creativity around here.

If you plan to start on rohan2, you better start with a new story and scenario. New maps, new bosses, new challenges. Include PvP and PvE experience, new classes etc.

Owait Eclipse Online tried that stuff before dieing after 3 months lel
    Well, where is your creativity? What do you have to contribute beyond criticism? Put up or shut up while the grown-ups talk.
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    Well, where is your creativity? What do you have to contribute beyond criticism? Put up or shut up while the grown-ups talk.
    lool I dunno but that cracked me up

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    If it's about to come out in July/August of this year in Korea.. then I much doubt there is any point of the above.

Sounds to me that it's already set in stone and all that's left discussing about is the IM-shop and probably the damaging/exp values being transformed from Korea to US/EU "standards" (which, for any Korean game, still means: lots of grind).

If it's not yet set in stone, then the more reason to start panicking - as that means the game will be developped in but a mere few months.

Call me pessimistic.
    Or realistic, it's but a small distinction.

Thanks for the effort, though.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    If it's about to come out in July/August of this year in Korea.. then I much doubt there is any point of the above.

Sounds to me that it's already set in stone and all that's left discussing about is the IM-shop and probably the damaging/exp values being transformed from Korea to US/EU "standards" (which, for any Korean game, still means: lots of grind).

If it's not yet set in stone, then the more reason to start panicking - as that means the game will be developped in but a mere few months.

Call me pessimistic.
    Or realistic, it's but a small distinction.

Thanks for the effort, though.
    That is actually an excellent point.

If the game is being launched in a few months in Korea, then asking for input at this late stage is really pointless. In fact it is setting folks up for disappointment when they realize that not a single suggestion voiced here could possibly be included in the final game. The time to be asking for input was at least 3 years ago when the project planning and game design phase was just starting.

But yeah, if these guys think they can develop a game from the top down in just a few months, they are smoking cheap crack. It takes a top-rate game developer with huge operating budget a minimum of 3 years to put out a game that does not stink up the internet. Most need 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast