+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fix the Trinity Arrendal - Here's how:

Background

The trinity race does not use standard weapons. Instead they have an Arrendal that is tightly bound to the character itself. In order to modify the attributes of that Arrendal you must use a one-way process called transmuting where by the attributes of an original weapon are transferred to the Arrendal. As a part of this process the source weapon is destroyed upon a successful transmute. If a high-value weapon is used for transmuting, it is essentially destroyed and its stats permanently bound to the Trinity character. Transmuting a second item into that Arrendal will completely replace the previous stats.

Because Arrendal's cannot be sold apart from the Trinity character, and there is no way to either restore the original weapon ot extract the Arrendal's 'essence', the value of the original weapon is lost forever. This does not sit well with many players.

Proposals

I have 2 proposals here:

1. Restore the original item.

Instead of destroying the source weapon on successful transmute, why not store the item's unique ID in the data of the Arrendal into which it transmuted. Also set the equip level of the original item to 255 to remove the possiblity of ever equipping that weapon. 'Drain' the attributes of the weapon (zero them) except for enhancement level. Finally set the weapon to non-tradeable to remove the possibility of players scamming others by selling 'drained' weapons.

To restore the weapon, only original 'drained' weapons that have a level of 255 can be used. Attempting to restore a non-drained weapon with a different unique id that has a level other than 255 will not be accepted for restoring.

On successful restore:

The Arrendal is 'drained' and set back to a virgin state (except for enhancement level).
    The restored item's stats are restored. Enhancement level is not changed and weapon level is set to the standard level for that weapon type.

Restoring can use the same chance/preservation stones as transmuting to provide an additional income source.
    Original weapon is restored with the exception of level
    No loss of gaming value to players.

2. Extract the Arrendal

This proposal requires the creation of a new item type to be used as the blank Arrendal Extract Material - which may be purchased in IM.

The transmute remains unchanged with the source item being destroyed on success.

To extract the Arrendal, the reverse of transmute is used to extract the attributes and place them into the blank Arrendal Extract Material.

The extract takes 2 components: The arrendal, The Blank Arrendal Extract Material. Since the blank material is purchased, a preservation stone is not needed.

Failed extracts destroys the Blank Arrendal Extract Material.
    Successful extract 'fills' the extract material with the Arrendal attributes (enhancement level and not copied, but current Arrendal level is). The Arrendal is reset to virgin state except for enhancement and equip levels.

To transmute into any other Arrendal, simply use it as a Arrendal Extract Material in the place of an Ancient Weapon during transmute. All other rules like level checking apply.

With this scheme, the 'filled' Arrendal Extract Material may be bought and sold on the Exchange market. It is also tradeable like any other weapon. Care would be needed to show stats of the material in the black box in EM so players have some idea what they are buying

No idea is perfect. I am sure there are exploitable holes in my proposals, but I think I have covered off the most obvious means of exploiting this.

@PlayWith Staff, please look this over and give it some consideration. My consulting services are available if you need help in implementing it. Not only does this help the Trinity race better fit into Rohan, it also provides extra means for RP usage by players as they buy even more expensive Transmute Pres stones and Arrendal Extract Materials
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 04-05-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Proposal 2 seems better to me as well as easier to implement, but I dont know anything about the workings of the game xD.

Option #1 seems complicated but makes the most sense since it lets you revert back to a weapon instead of having a large supply of adrenal-ed weapons floating on the EM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I like both ideas but add to them:
    3. Copies the properties of X weapon without destroying it and it will keep the Arendal none trade able but still the same system. Success wont destroy the weapon just a copy paste of the options. Failure will delete any option in the Arendal but the weapon stays without change.
    With this option player can change Arendal stats as they want without loosing said expensive weapon. Press, Success option stones and/or crones will be required for said system.
    Last edited by RBNXD; 04-05-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Won't work Mark.

Here are the reasons why:

YNK

I think I made my point.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    I like both ideas but add to them:
    3. Copies the properties of X weapon without destroying it and it will keep the Arendal none trade able but still the same system. Success wont destroy the weapon just a copy paste of the options. Failure will delete any option in the Arendal but the weapon stays without change.
    With this option player can change Arendal stats as they want without loosing said expensive weapon. Press, Success option stones and/or crones will be required for said system.
    Both of the proposals I have presented preserve the valuable weapons you create either in the Arrendal, their original (but disabled) form or as an Extract material. The problem with simply copying the weapon into the Arrendal is just that it leaves both being fully usable. PWI will not want that as it is super easy to exploit. Can you imagine the chaos as those with the best weapons start 'renting' them to all their pals so they can copy them into Arrendals? Next thing you know is you have hundreds of Noirs running around with the best upgrade-statted Arrendals in the game.

My proposals permit there to be only one usable weapon with that set of attributes at any given time - either the Arrendal or the source weapon, but not both. It would not be possible to transmute a 'drained' weapon and once an Arrendal Extract Material has been successfully transmited into an Arrendal, it is destroyed like any other weapon today.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    Won't work Mark.

Here are the reasons why:

YNK

I think I made my point.
    Point taken, but at present their system is half-baked. It needs to be completed and I have a feeling they have no idea how to do that. I am simply helping them along with ideas that any good developer with access to the game source code could put into place.

And there is the business benefit of another RP sink in the game where people must buy expensive preservation stones and/or Extraction materials. Those with expensive game gear will be less reluctant to transmute them if there is a way to get them back when they want to move on to something else - even if getting them back costs some cash.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Like i really do not give a single crap how much it costs to transmute your weapon with your arrendal weapon , I paid 3.4k , been there done that , **** it , i just want my arrendal with my upgraded weapon inside of it to be tradable so i can sell it at least or my upgrade katar that i used back.Damn crappy new class sucks mad balls , I won't do that mistake ever again.It only made vit classes more OP , and thats it.

I know that my idea is exploitable but this Race in all has a huge wall for any player that wants to play it. This system is unnecessary and useless just even having new types of armor is unnecessary and useless. They give what? accuracy, 80 melee/magic full set who thought of this when updg able boss drops have all stat, atk and hp on them. This is another unnecessary add to the game. The weapon system is another rp sucking machine. With upgds in this game and upgd boss drops it was more than enough. Just add another dung, Boss, arena or another continent to the game its getting boring this rp sucking machines they are adding.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Understood.

Note to all readers, don't let mine and RBNXD's voices be the only ones putting ideas out there. If you have ideas that can help improve this game, don't be afraid to share them.

--- edit since I don't like double posting ----

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Option #1 seems complicated but makes the most sense since it lets you revert back to a weapon instead of having a large supply of adrenal-ed weapons floating on the EM.
    I've given this one a little thought.

Option 1 is good since it pretty much restores the original weapon (except for the level). However for restoring it requires the original 'drained' weapon to restore. Those that have committed their epics & upgrades to an arrendal prior to putting in this kind of fix will be out of luck since the original source weapon was deleted.

Option 2 will allows even those that have committed their weapon to an Arrendal prior to implementing this option a possibility of recovering the essence of their original weapon. Granted Adrenal extracts will only ever be useable for Trinity characters, it is still better than losing the weapon altogether if you want to change class between Noir/Rumir or if you want to sell your Trinity character without giving away the weapon as well (extract the Arrendal before posting the character for sale).
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 04-06-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Make the Arendal weapons tradable.