+ Reply to Thread

Have some questions...

Hello, just as the title states, I have some questions. I haven't logged into this game yet, let alone download it.

First question is; What are the classes? I checked out the classes on the website but honestly I'm confused as hell because they seem to be races and not classes....or are the races the classes?
    Second question is; Do you recommend this game? I've played hundreds, if not thousands, of MMO's so I'm familiar with the aspect, but I'm curious to see if you would recommend this game to someone let alone me...
    Third question is; Do you believe there is a newb-friendly class that could be played to get a feel for the game with it allowing you to get into the game without having to figure out all sorts of things?

Answer one:

Classes are race-specific.
    Each race has 2 classes it can specialize in which happens when they reach level 50. Until then they are a general noob class for that race.

Human race classes: Guardian, Defender (melee or tank)
    Half Elf Classes: Ranger, Scout (ranged & aoe)
    Dark Elf classes: Warlock, Wizard (magic ranged & aoe)
    Elf classes: Priest, Templar (magic & melee)
    Dekan classes: Dragon Knight, Dragon Sage (melee & magic or tank)
    Dhan classes: Avenger, Predator (melee)
    Giant classes: Savage, Berserker (melee & aoe)
    Trinity classes: Rumir, Noir (magic & melee)

Answer two: Not really. Most F2P MMOs start off innocently enough but over time become more and more Pay 2 Win. This game has been around about 7 years and has become heavily Pay 2 Win. Save your money (it can ad up to thousands of dollars in a very short time) and look elsewhere.

Answer three: The noob-friendliest class is the Dark Elf. With its aoe powers early on it becomes a favorite party member when you are looking to level up in groups. They are also really good for farming in-game stuff for sale or other purposes.

Noob-friendly does not mean a mage will be a champion in this game later on. Right now the top pvp classes in this game go to Templars and Dragon Knights. Those two are not as noob-friendly though. While trinity classes are also noob friendly, they are fairly new and so foreign to the rest of the Rohan universe that you would nto get a very good idea how the rest Rohan really works from them. They are an add-on that wans't very well integrated.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

I see, I see. Also I don't pay for stuff in games....anymore. I had spent over $2k on 1-2 games in specific (no names to save my pride) and played WoW for quite a long while. As for those 2 top PvP classes, I was reading about Templar being nearly impossible to kill in PvP and I thought to myself "Stay the **** away from that class" because I don't want something like that. I simply want to try and enjoy the game. I'll try some of the classes listed simply because I'm bored. However it'll have to wait until later today because it's almost 5am and I just realized I have to get my ass up to go pick up someone and try pretending I have a social life.