+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best wings?

Best wings?

Hi ,I am playing jester. I want to know which one is the best? Amariel wing or Birdwife? Also, what would the ultimate end game wing be? ancient ornament?

Amariel and Bird Wife are pretty much the same thing with a slight difference in damage and magic power. Either one is good. If you go the Gambler route, you want a Wooden Wing XG at the end. For Assassins, you can use Nariel, Rymos Strength, or Dark Wooden Wing.

Ancient Ornament Wings are not very good IMO, and it has a high level requirement for such a mediocre accessory. Unless you can't afford or find anything else, I'd forget about it. Plus, they're the ugliest.

Doesn't wooden wings only give Magic power? While Amariel and birdwife gives a lot of stats. Why would wooden wing be an "end game" item for a gambler ? please clarify

From what I understood. Gambler emphasizes on magic power. So with that in mind, would u say that the best items in each slots are
    head - angel link.xg
    body, weapon, leg, shoes - tiphareth's combo
    pet - Blue phoenix
    Wing - wooden wing.xg
    ????

A Wooden Wing XG+7 has something like 123 magic power. An Amariel or Bird Wife XG+7 has something like 40+ dmg/40+ magic power. With a Gambler, 1 magic power is more significant than 1 damage. Do the math and the Wooden Wing will end up dealing more damage. But if you're worried about things such as attack speed and critical rate, then you can consider the Amariel/Bird Wife. If you want higher attack speed, you can also opt for the Wings of Shrouded Bale (15 aspd).

You can certainly use Angel Link for the head but your attack speed and defense will be lower. I don't see it being used at the higher levels.

I see your point. Do u think I should just go with gambler set +Amariel ( I like atk speed) and What should I choose, between BP and FV ?

Set + Amariel is a good choice though if you want attack speed you should get the Wings of Shrouded Bale. Also, FV is better for gamblers/jesters.

What about pig nose? I feel like if i have the set I will have enough defense. Thus allowing me to use pig nose for full dmg potential. Thanks for answering alll the questions this far by the way you are a life saver

Pig's Nose is a good choice too. Defense is really not important so long as you have XG equipment or unless you are mobbing. For example, here's how damage done to a player is calculated:

First, the system takes the damage of the monster and subtracts your defense. If a monster normally does 1000 damage when you have 0 defense, then it will do 500 damage when you have 500 def. Then after this, the XG damage decrease % is factored in. If your total damage decrease from your equipments is 50%, then you will be hit with 250 damage.

However, let's say you have 600 def now instead of 500. If you go through the same calculation, the monster end up dealing 200 damage to you. So in actuality, your increased your defense by 100 but it only affected the damage done to you by 50. This is because damage decrease is calculated last. Thus, there really is no point to increase your defense if you have full XG gear.

That makes a lot of sense. You sure know alot !. After knowing all these I think i will go with
    HTBS - XG set of gambler
    Pet - FV+9
    Acc - Pignose

this will probably keep my defense to the minimum but with percent dmg decrease, i won't be hit that hard. What do u think