+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys! It is indeed very gratifying to see users issues resolved and being surrounded with a positive environment although it mostly lasts only a few hours :P.
    Any job that requires communication with customers will involve tough times, angry customers and stressful days but also satisfaction once that issue is resolved and the user is no longer having problems.
    I've been in this jam for about 5 years already I believe, and thankfully I was able to learn a lot. I arrived here with a background of customer service inbound and outbound sales/support which is I believe almost the most stressful job I was able to experience. Keeping it cool and reasoning with customers is something that was needed on a daily basis.

Most of the anger that users have is attributed to past issues, how previously problems were resolved incorrectly or maybe as random as just having a bad day or a fight with the girlfriend or maybe the wife that made the user sleep on the couch last night. With that in mind, trying to understand the user and bringing some happiness to the day definitely makes a difference.

We are currently a small team that have to do pretty much do everything, but so far work process is being improved and one of my key goals is to keep on improving the current staff so there's no "issues" in the future. I can't promise there won't be. But minimizing the problems is a must. As always, if there's an issue make sure to let me know!

Glad you take pride in your work and keep up the good job.

Banned
    Well for me... some times I get stressed. Especially when I see people doing some dumb ish like running around pming people and talking trash while im waiting for my account to be investigated and such.

However I am happy with the results. I dont know why people go through so much trouble to destroy others hard work and valued items...

And for what reason do they have?

To delete?! Why risk it?!

I do feel that is the reason why luffy had not logged in for almost a week prior to pming people bragging about the stuff. However I think thats because he didnt want the ip address to be linked to his accounts and the amount of douchebaggery he displayed.

Its sad that I helped that dude out too, was willing to give him rps for lvl7's and stuff if he needed it. Only for him to steal and delete my items.... What a total failure, like I was nothin but nice to the dude and he gotta do what he did.... WOW.... like.... for reals... I dont have enough words to describe how pathetic and dumb that guy was. I was under the impression he was a cool guy. However after my personal investigation through my raid call group, and realizing he attempted to scam not only me but potentially our whole group. Is even more disturbing. Everyone I talked to said that he tried to send them file transfers through raid. Some said they were afk when he did it, others sayd they just dont accept on principal.

However, whatever the reason for him doing this. I hope he gets genital cancer...

Its the people who are willing to help others that get taken advantage off. Here and in real life.

You need to remember where you are. An ONLINE game. No mater how well you think you know a person theres always that chance that you (or any of us) could be wrong as we have seen time and time again in this game. Its sad and it sucks that you put your faith in someone only to get burnt, but that fact is trust no one and keep your guard up.

And ps, sorry about this. I really dont mean to offend but wishing Cancer on someone is a low blow. Ive lost 4 family members to this hideous thing and one very recently. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. If he was a rapist or pedophile, then sure. But as low as this dude went, he still doesn't need this wished upon him.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Well - it's hard to take advantage of people who are not naieve / willing to help others to begin with.
    But yeah, of course.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

So i guess the only way to keep from being a scammer target is to be a asshole.

It is not a very healthy outlook on life especially if the day comes along when you have to depend on the charity of others.
    After all we reap what we sow.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    So i guess the only way to keep from being a scammer target is to be a asshole.

It is not a very healthy outlook on life especially if the day comes along when you have to depend on the charity of others.
    After all we reap what we sow.
    An* asshole.
    I mean, yeah! Also, that would be: "what others* sow", in this case.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Well no one said to become an asshole, but you can distance yourself from people and still be a decent human being.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

I've been playing MMORPG's for years, I mean - I'm 26 now (dayum) and idk, I think I started with Last Chaos where I met knuffl88 - so that's anno 2006.

That makes it 9 years of active online gaming, I don't think I'm that much of an asshole ingame (I mean, there's worse than me - I was quite a troublemaker in LC ) and I haven't been scammed like that before.
    Potions and 100k pets not accounted for (because that's not worth mentioning - again, don't hand out what you cannot afford to lose).

Common sense is all that it takes - that, and chosing your 'friends' more carefully. It tends to help.

Choosing friends in an mmorpg where everybody is actually anonymous is a challenging thing to do. But yes, you can be sociable and even friendly with people in a game like this if you are smart about it. Just don't assume people that are friendly with you are not friends. The best con artists will work very hard to be your very best friend right up until the time he completely rapes you. After all it is very difficult to scam somebody that does not like you.

If someone claiming to be your friend gets upset with you if you refuse to share or trade your stuff with them, you can usually bet those people were hoping to scam you.

People who are really are trying to be your friend in a game like this will refuse to accept when you offer to share valuable things with them. It is the ones that are quick to accept your offers that you need to keep on your guard for.

Some of that is common sense. Others are much more subtle.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-25-2015 at 06:38 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

don't be too nice, don't be too mean, just be inbetween ^_^