+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Lol - if the money of the previous months actually do get charged back from PiW - I'll stop gaming for life.

Do we really need to go through the whole law statements? I can if you insist, but there's little ground for him to stand upon.
    How did he get his stuff nicked, anyways? If it's scamming - then whatever PIW might do, is purely goodwill (also quite stupid from Dekon). You should know that, unless they've changed their terms (which i highly doubt) over the past couple years.

I've known certain people scamming empty whole accounts, epics, upgrades, armors - you name it.
    That stuff has been used, sold, profited upon and used for other accounts. Those accounts have not been into investigation for a single day and would be still up and going if the owners did not quit the game..(over a year after the scamming took place).
    Do you really expect PW to tell you if chargebacks are successful or not? It is not up to PW. It is up to the Paypal dispute process which allows 45 days from the time the transaction occurred.
    And yes, I have personally seen large chargebacks of several hundred dollars for virtual currency awarded to the complainant. THis kind of complaint is almost always awarded to the customer. That is why PW always bans accounts that charge back.

You would know this if you have ever had to charge back thru paypal on a product or service. It is nto a matter of law or anything else. It is paypal dispute resolution.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-23-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Do you really expect PW to tell you if chargebacks are successful or not? It is not up to PW. It is up to the Paypal dispute process which allows 45 days from the time the transaction occurred.
    And yes, I have personally seen large chargebacks of several hundred dollars for virtual currency awarded to the complainant.

You would know this if you have ever had to charge back thru paypal on a product or service. It is nto a matter of law or anything else. It is paypal dispute resolution.
    Charging back from paypal =/= charging back from PIW. Who's to say PIW refunds to paypal and that paypal just doesn't take it as collateral damage in exchange for customer support?

Now, if by any chance, you're in for a chargeback from PIW- said chargeback will always be limited to the amount paid for the service during the 1 month period immediately preceding the event that gives cause to said chargeback. However, for that to take place, you actually need grounds to stand upon.
    Handing out your stuff willingly to others and not receiving it back is fairly a grey zone. Again, if that is how he got scammed - which is not clearly stated in the above but w.e. I will just assume as you mentioned 'scamming' in the foregoing thread.
    One is responsible for his account and its items. Scamming is not usually a bannable offense - hacking is (handing out your password does not equal hacking. That equals account sharing. Account sharing is not a banable offense, it's however purely and entirely at your own risk).

After all, what stops one from handing out his items / account password as a friendly gesture - turn around and shout SCAM! to get the other banned? As i said, any action taken by PIW in such case is pure goodwill and customer support from their end.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Charging back from paypal =/= charging back from PIW. Who's to say PIW refunds to paypal and that paypal just doesn't take it as collateral damage in exchange for customer support?

Now, if by any chance, you're in for a chargeback from PIW- said chargeback will always be limited to the amount paid for the service during the 1 month period immediately preceding the event that gives cause to said chargeback. However, for that to take place, you actually need grounds to stand upon.
    Handing out your stuff willingly to others and not receiving it back is fairly a grey zone. Again, if that is how he got scammed - which is not clearly stated in the above but w.e. I will just assume as you mentioned 'scamming' in the foregoing thread.
    One is responsible for his account and its items. Scamming is not usually a bannable offense - hacking is (handing out your password does not equal hacking. That equals account sharing. Account sharing is not a banable offense, it's however purely and entirely at your own risk).

After all, what stops one from handing out his items / account password as a friendly gesture - turn around and shout SCAM! to get the other banned? As i said, any action taken by PIW in such case is pure goodwill and customer support from their end.
    Indeed on that last.

We all know that PW does not give refunds. There is never any point in asking for refunds from PW because they never give money back to you. There are things that PW can do to resolve issues but refunding RPs is not one of them. That is why people use an intermediate 'wallet' service like paypal that protects purchases with a dispute policy. Depending on the circumstances paypal will either award or deny a dispute depending on circumstances from both parties (the time period to rais a dispute is 45 days not 1 month - i checked it before making my post earlier). But that dispute process only happens if the problem cannot be resolved directly between the customer and the vendor. In the case at hand - between Dekon and PlayWith. And that is where that goodwill thing comes to play.

PlayWith is within their rights to award or decline resolution of this issue. Dekon is within his rights to request arbitration in the case of denial by PW. After all he spend a lot of real cash making the stuff he lost. To see the thief running around bragging about it only inflames the issue.

The ball is in PlayWith Interactive's court to deal with it. I hope they resolve it to everyone (except Luffy's) satisfaction.

The right way to handle this is to return Dekon's stolen virtual goods and block the person who stole them since there are records that it was done maliciously (server chat logs are available for perusal).
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-23-2015 at 08:21 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Awhhhh, is that kid mad ?

He is responsible for everything that happens on his computer, he should not had accepted that transfer file from someone unknown.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

The right way to handle this is to return Dekon's stolen virtual goods and block the person who stole them since there are records that it was done maliciously (server chat logs are available for perusal).
    It's not Dekon's ; according to what you said it's Playwith's property. (YOU SHOULD GO TO TALK TO YOUR LAWYER OMAGAH)

Will you please get your prescription filled? You are getting psychotic again.

Banned
    Nono i'm not.

I actually don't care about ya'll.

Banned
    Eikniwt is a complete idiot who apparently doesn't play but only trolls. So expect nothing but the dumbest bull**** coming out their mouth.

That being said I did have time to sleep on it... Mostly because I got off at 7:30 am today after going in at 10pm last night. So I was kinda cranky.

However, virtual items that are under your possession that you created/purchased are yours however like a leased vehicle. The things are only yours to an extent. Should the leasing company decide to they can revoke your privileges to the vehicle should you not be meeting specific regulations. Such as general maint on the vehicle, or simply making the payments. However if you are following the rules and regulations you agreed upon in the contract (terms of use)

All items accrued on your accounts are your until you present a justifiable reason for the company that has leased out control of an account to you revokes your account privileges.

What this means?

While the IPO (PWI) owns the game. They are here to make a profit and like any company looking to make a profit they should exhibit signs of good customer service to keep their playerbase around. Especially those who have donated large amounts to their company.

I am quite sure both me and Banana since both coming back have boosted their profits margin a substantial amount since coming back to the game. I can say that the both of us have spent a substantial amount on 4part weapons, armors, characters, and accessories. I cant say an exact amount for Bandit here, however I can say that I have contributed well over 2k to this company.

Now will/would I do a charge back.

The simple answer is no.

The long answer is as follows. The fact that a company has poor costumer service does not necessarily entitle me to my money spent back. It would be like having car insurance for a year getting into an accident and them dropping you. You are entitled to none of your money back even though they dropped you after a year because you had an accident. So while some companies suck at their customer service departments. I simply dont care enough to go "well im taking all my money back" <^>(-_-)<^>

However since the money spent was through paypal, and by proxy my bank account. I have 2 options and routes to go. 1. Filing a fraud claim through my bank since virtual goods were not as they were marketed. 2. File a claim through paypal for a misrepresentation of virtual goods.

I could simply put that I spent X amount on Y for permanent items and Y is no longer tangible. To which I make ss of said virtual items missing as well as the items paid for and then the company that I am requesting has a period of time to dispute the charge back and come to an amicable agreement prior to the conclusion of the investigation that either the fraud department of my bank or paypal is now looking into.

Many companies often have a next level resolution center that when approached with a pay back are often willing to do quite a huge amount to keep your money as well as keeping you.

So, now with all that said. This game is not a pay to play game. As such the point for donations to the game is for items. So if you are not getting what you have paid for then you can.

However I see that the gms had a fire lit under their asses to finish the the investigation and all MY items were restored to my account.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I.e.: in which case, as per above, said chargeback will always be limited to the amount paid for the service during the 1 month period immediately preceding the event that gives cause to said chargeback and no further.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

@Mark & Eagle: Charge back might happen, but the word big is relative. In your eyes it might be big, in p/w's eyes 2k is just a penny.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.