+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    Nope, Karma is wrong. It is mainly because people doesn't know (and that's true) how the law system work. Usually they go to the police to file a complaint, and they're wrong. The police will just register the complaint but they can't do more than that. The people HAS to file a complaint to the court in order to get it trialed. Most of the people think that when they're going to the police, they're actually starting a trial. They're wrong.

Only case is when the police reports the case to the "attorney" (Procureur de la République in french) who files a complaint himself in the name of the People.
    O come on. Are your trying to tell me that people in France are too stupid to talk to their lawyers after reporting to the police (who btw would also tell them to do that) when they get hosed over by a dirty contractor? Sorry I'm not dumb enough to believe that for a second. France is not populated by morons.

And believe me, when a person's lawyer is on the case, the right channels are followed.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    O come on. Are your trying to tell me that people in France are too stupid to talk to their lawyers after reporting to the police (who btw would also tell them to do that) when they get hosed over by a dirty contractor? Sorry I'm not dumb enough to believe that for a second. France is not populated by morons.

And believe me, when a person's lawyer is on the case, the right channels are followed.
    Pretty much what is happening. This, or they got a very bad lawyer not following procedural things, and so the case is dismissed. This is called "vice de forme", usually happens when you got a dumb lawyer. Otherwise if you get "hosed over by a dirty contractor", if he ran off with the money and you got a decent lawyer he's going to lose his trial.

I never heard of any cases going in trial where the dirty contractor won. For eg. you can check Tapie vs CBDO (a well famous case of Bernard Tapie being hosed by a bank, trial did actually last 10 years and he won around 400 billion)
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    Nope, Karma is wrong. It is mainly because people doesn't know (and that's true) how the law system work. Usually they go to the police to file a complaint, and they're wrong. The police will just register the complaint but they can't do more than that. The people HAS to file a complaint to the court in order to get it trialed. Most of the people think that when they're going to the police, they're actually starting a trial. They're wrong.

Only case is when the police reports the case to the "attorney" (Procureur de la République in french) who files a complaint himself in the name of the People (public order prerogatives).

Even Leonard gets it!

Seems like you never dealt with legal issues in rl, police is there so you go them first to make a note on whatever happened to you, and THEY are the ones who tell you to get the case to court if there is nothing they can do. They don't discharge people for no reason, so if they don't tell you to go to court means you have no case at all, it has nothing with people being stupid and going to police first. Imagine if there is bunch of people like you who issue complaints to the court for all kind of banal reason, you'd get a restriction order on your ass haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyIntegra666 View Post

Even Leonard gets it!
    LOL That episode is the perfect example. Great find!
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Wheres penny to go get my stuffs back =o

Karma isnt even from France >.<
    But she have TF1 xD
    /Quit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10