+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Banned
    Doesn't matter if it's over pixels. You'll be still held responsible for the damage done, ie : stealing.

And if it is requested through a court order, I'm pretty sure they're going to deliver the information.

You'd be legally wasting your time though cause everything was shared. Good luck on that though. Dunno how retarded you'd have to be to even begin to think that it'd make it to the court rofl.

Banned
    If you get shared a car but crash it, you'd be responsible for it and you'd had to reimburse the owner.

I don't get where the "it's shared" equals impunity when it goes to a court. Good luck arguing to a judge "hey it was shared so I'm not liable for the loss of the car". Of course you are liable.

Same goes for what you did with rohan items. Any judge is going to call you a thief and send you to jail. You don't seem to understand that "sharing" isn't equal to giving away rights or property.If you get shared a good and run away with it, the owner can seek punitives damages because that's called thievery.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 12:11 PM.

unfortunately the law does not cover what goes on inside a private online game between players. It does cover players causing damage to the game owner & vice versa -- which is why there is that ToS along with its copious amounts of liability disclaimer legalese. Realizer that Rohan is a private system that you are granted access to by PWI. Thus it is not a public facility freely acessible by anyone. You have to agree to PWI's ToS and agree to their liability disclaimers to play here.

Problem is that the onus would be on you to prove the value that you lost. You can't do that with virtual goods in a secure access game since virtual goods have no tangible value in a court.
    The exception is if RPs were directly stolen from your account. Again it would be on you to prove how much and how they were taken.

We are all playing on an online gaming system. Penalties are limited to accounts that are in violation are closed. Nothing more. There is no compensation unless the powers that be -- PWi --- decide to provide it.

Any and all legal recourse would need to be raised between yourself and PWi since they are the ones ultimately responsible for everything that happens in their systems.

You can of course verify everything I have written here with your lawyer.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-16-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    unfortunately the law does not cover what goes on inside a private online game between players. It does cover players causing damage to the game owner & vice versa -- which is why there is that ToS along with its copious amounts of liability disclaimer legalese. Realizer that Rohan is a private system that you are granted access to by PWI. Thus it is not a public facility freely acessible by anyone. You have to agree to PWI's ToS and agree to their liability disclaimers to play here.

Problem is that the onus would be on you to prove the value that you lost. You can't do that with virtual goods in a secure access game since virtual goods have no tangible value in a court.
    The exception is if RPs were directly stolen from your account. Again it would be on you to prove how much and how they were taken.

We are all playing on an online gaming system. Penalties are limited to accounts that are in violation are closed. Nothing more. There is no compensation unless the powers that be -- PWi --- decide to provide it.

Any and all legal recourse would need to be raised between yourself and PWi since they are the ones ultimately responsible for everything that happens in their systems.

Not in France. You are reasoning by the US law while the only applicable law is the french law for my case. I can raise a legal recourse against the one who stole me a virtual good.

By the US law, this is aswell false regarding the two Bitcoin platforms owners that are going to be trialed in US. If I remember correctly, they're charging them both for money laundering using a virtual currency, which should not be, according to what you said, possible.

Plus everyone that are doing a class action against BTC Market when it appeared to be clear they were running a ponzi scheme.

And utimately, PLW's ToS have nothing to do. The analogy you're doing is the same as if I was sharing a car wit someone who ran off. I'm raising an action against the one who ran off with the car and there's only the law that applies, not a contract I signed between me and the car constructor (which of course will say he is not liable if I share my car with anyone else).
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Auww, you had to break it for him. Let him carry on, he's a joke that nobody even laughs at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marataaca View Post
    Auww, you had to break it for him. Let him carry on, he's a joke that nobody even laughs at.
    That's all you got ? Lel.

Bitcoin can be equated to a tangible monetary value depending on the exchange rate at the time of the judgement. Bitcoin is treated much the same as any other currency since it is publicly available. Publicly traded goods fall under common law.

Nothing in Rohan is publicly available. You can't purchase an upgrade weapon using Francs. You can buy, using PWI's facilities, virtual currency usable in PWI's private systems. That virtual currency cannot be sold outside of that private system for legal tender. (reality is that it can, but then you are doing it illegally outside of PWI where you can indeed seek legal compensation).

Also realize that French law is not International law. What may apply to you in France may not be equally binding to someone outside of France. You might find that legal actions taken in that manner far more expensive than what you lost in this game to thieves. That is if you can find a lawyer that will take the case.

I would still strongly advise you speak to your attorney if you feel you have grounds to sue someone over activities taking place in a controlled-access computer system. You may find international litigation a very expensive thing to do if it is even possible.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-16-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Bitcoin can be equated to a tangible monetary value depending on the exchange rate at the time of the judgement. Bitcoin is treated much the same as any other currency since it is publicly available. Publicly traded goods fall under common law.

Nothing in Rohan is publicly available. You can't purchase an upgrade weapon using Francs. You can buy, using PWI's facilities, virtual currency usable in PWI's private systems. That virtual currency cannot be sold outside of that private system.

Also realize that French law is not International law. What may apply to you in France may not be equally binding to someone outside of France. You might find that legal actions taken in that manner far more expensive than what you lost in this game to thieves. That is if you can find a lawyer that will take the case.

I would still strongly advise you speak to your attorney if you feel you have grounds to sue someone over activities taking place in a controlled-access computer system.
    RPS are considered to be the same thing with any BTC platform.

Banned
    But still, if it goes to court against one individual, he can't raise of a contract I signed only with PLW and not with him. There is no contract between him and me, so the law actually applies. And I can value a good based on how many real money it did cost me to get it.