+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytt3 View Post
    U buy Windows 8.1, Microsoft still the owner.
    You play Rohan, PlW still the owner.
    You play CS:Go, Valve still the owner.
    You play LoL, Riot still the owner.
    You play rohan, PW owns the accounts - yes indeed. So lets put it another way:

Account = rented house. PW = landlord.

I invite my girlfriend into my house and take a run out to pick up some beer to party a little later on. While I am out that girlfriend cleans out the house and takes off.

1. Was it cool for that girlfriend to do that?
    2. Would you say the she is innocent of any fault at all?
    3. Should she not be punished?
    4. Is she not a thief?

Account sharing is a no-no. You should not trust your account to anyone that you would not trust alone in your house. But what if that person is known to you as someone you thought you could trust and has been your friend for a long time? How many people in this game have been burned hard this way?

I know quite a few.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-16-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

I invite a friend into my house and take a run out to puck up some beer to party a little later on. That friend cleans out the house and takes off.

1. Was that person really a friend to do that?
    2. Would you say the guy that cleaned out the house is innocent of any fault at all?
    3. Should the person that stole from you not be punished?

Account sharing is a no-no. You should not more share account info with someone in the same way you would leave someone you don't know alone in your rented house.
    But what if that person is known to you and has been your friend for a long time? What if it is someone you trust? How many people in this game have been scammed this way?

I know quite a few.
    I let someone enter my rented house. He destroys everything. According to the law, he is responsible for the destruction that I'll have to pay to the owner of the rented house. So it's basically a seeking damages action against one individual, not against PLW.

The "who is the ownership of the game" has nothing to do with that lawsuit.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikniwt View Post
    Plainte contre X, et la demande d'entraide judiciaire intervient pour identifier la personne. C'est le juge d'instruction français qui fera cette demande auprès d'un tribunal californien.

Meuf, lache l'affaire, j'ai fait une fac de droit en plus de ScPo.
    Et tu penses vraiment que ca se fait xD ? J'suis pas une meuf sinon.
    Ca se fait seulement, si tu parviens à prouver que tu es le propriétaire légal. Par ici, j'entend, une trace des transactions sur l'EM, etc. Dur, en cas de forge, ou autre.

If I let you enter my house, it doesn't mean you're allowed to take off everything that is in this house. Would you had done it on any of my accounts, I'd had filed a lawsuit in my country and requested a court order from cali judge ordering PlW to provide your identity and IP informations in order to get you trialed in france.
    Good luck on that retard. LMFAO. Plus what makes you think anyone knows what my identity is?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

I invite my girlfriend into my house and take a run out to pick up some beer to party a little later on. While I am out that girlfriend cleans out the house and takes off.

1. Was it cool for that girlfriend to do that?
    2. Would you say the she is innocent of any fault at all?
    3. Should she not be punished?
    4. Is she not a thief?

Account sharing is a no-no. You should not trust your account to anyone that you would not trust alone in your house. But what if that person is known to you as someone you thought you could trust and has been your friend for a long time? How many people in this game have been burned hard this way?

I know quite a few.
    You're girlfriend can move the stuff in the house, but not the house itself.
    I mean by that, you can be owner of the stuff inside it, and provide tickets, bills, etc.
    Something hard to do, with stuff into a virtual game, since, exepted EM transactions, there's no much traces of your liability.

Banned
    Et tu penses vraiment que ca se fait xD ? J'suis pas une meuf sinon.
    Ca se fait seulement, si tu parviens à prouver que tu es le propriétaire légal. Par ici, j'entend, une trace des transactions sur l'EM, etc. Dur, en cas de forge, ou autre.
    Oui c'est possible, d'autant plus que les logs d'IP montreront qui a acheté les items. Tout ça peut être fait par le juge d'instruction français en faisant une requête soit directement à PLW dans le cadre d'une instruction, soit en passant par un juge californien - tout dépend de si PLW accepte directement de communiquer les informations dans le cadre d'une procédure judiciaire (ce que généralement les grandes entreprises US font directement - comme Google ou Microsoft dans le cadre d'un litige concernant un vol d'information) ou bien par un ordre d'un juge californien dans le cadre d'une requête fondée sur les accords d'entraide judiciaire. (le juge californien n'a pas la possibilité de refuser, sauf si la requete viole un des amendements de la constitution US ce qui n'est pas le cas en l'occurence).

Je peux te dire que le mec (ou la meuf ) qui s'amuse a ça sur un de mes comptes est dans la merde sauf s'il habite en corée du nord xD

Et même dans ce cas, s'il n'est pas possible de le faire extrader pour un procès, je peux toujours tenter (mais ça va être plus chiant) une injonction d'un tribunal californien de me restituer les items.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marataaca View Post
    Good luck on that retard. LMFAO. Plus what makes you think anyone knows what my identity is?
    IP logs requested to PLW then identity requested to your internet provider and that's it. You just have to pray you don't live in a country under extradition treaty passed with my country. There are only 28 countries over the world that have denied such treaties with my country.
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Oui c'est possible, d'autant plus que les logs d'IP montreront qui a acheté les items. Tout ça peut être fait par le juge d'instruction français en faisant une requête soit directement à PLW dans le cadre d'une instruction, soit en passant par un juge californien - tout dépend de si PLW accepte directement de communiquer les informations dans le cadre d'une procédure judiciaire (ce que généralement les grandes entreprises US font directement - comme Google ou Microsoft dans le cadre d'un litige concernant un vol d'information) ou bien par un ordre d'un juge californien dans le cadre d'une requête fondée sur les accords d'entraide judiciaire. (le juge californien n'a pas la possibilité de refuser, sauf si la requete viole un des amendements de la constitution US ce qui n'est pas le cas en l'occurence).

Je peux te dire que le mec (ou la meuf ) qui s'amuse a ça sur un de mes comptes est dans la merde sauf s'il habite en corée du nord xD

Et même dans ce cas, s'il n'est pas possible de le faire extrader pour un procès, je peux toujours tenter (mais ça va être plus chiant) une injonction d'un tribunal californien de me restituer les items.
    I can tell you that PlW keep logs only for 3 months, so gl, for the process of your complain.

Banned
    I can tell you that PlW keep logs only for 3 months, so gl, for the process of your complain.
    Dans ce cas là, je fais une demande de logs a mon FAI qui les garde pendant un an xD. Mais même, si je me fais voler mes items comme ça, la plainte est déposée dans la semaine, avec copie de la plainte adressée en ticket et demande de conservation de données d'information concernant la personne, dans l'attente de l'ordre du juge de les communiquer. Si PLW les efface, ils deviennent coupable d'entrave à une enquête et la loi française comme US est plutôt sévère dessus, surtout depuis les attentats du 11 sept xD
    Last edited by eikniwt; 02-16-2015 at 11:00 AM.

You're girlfriend can move the stuff in the house, but not the house itself.
    I mean by that, you can be owner of the stuff inside it, and provide tickets, bills, etc.
    Something hard to do, with stuff into a virtual game, since, exepted EM transactions, there's no much traces of your liability.
    Actually there are server logs for EM, IM and the game itself. LOTS of server logs. I know because I have looked at them in the past and used them to track down indo dupers and hackers.
    Even a VPN can't keep you safe from that since VPNs make Rohan playing very unreliable and there is always a pattern of repeated IP addresses on a given account. Easy as hell to analyze.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.