+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carnettsc View Post
    Ya since CV update. But well its either that, either we get full of dup'd items ingame. Your choice.
    LOL you can completely bypass game guard and there are already duped items... So its not like game guard is actually doing anything important anyways. Imma feel bad that imma need to bypass Game Guard if they dont fix this **** cause im close to doing it just so I can triple log 3 clients since as I have pointed out. Game Guard throws exceptions for ABSOLUTELY no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by carnettsc View Post
    Ya since CV update. But well its either that, either we get full of dup'd items ingame. Your choice.
    Hate to mention this but as soon as GG is updated to detect one runtime memory editor, another one takes its place tat completely stonkers it. There are literally dozens of RME and Man-In-Middle (MiM) programs out there.

I know what the problem is:

GameGuard is sensitive to certain heuristics common to RME and MiM programs. The problem is that the Rohan Client itself exhibits the same heuristics as a MiM program!

As you open clients, GG is already running so does not actually NEED TO reload the second and third time - it just uses the first instance opened to watch over the new client instances. As the client is being opened with GG, the program is allowed to run.

Now when you CLOSE a Rohan client, that instance Gameguard quietly closes too.

So what happens when you now start anotehr Rohan client? Well, GameGuard Loads as always, but this time it sees one or two programs in memory camped on the Rohan Client comms ports. It thinks these running clients with No GameGuard is a MiM hack and freaks out closing everything in sight.

The problem is that GameGuard is jumping at boogeymen and THAT is what needs to be resolved.

So how is this fixed? Well, the simple answer is to NOT close the GameGuard instance until the LAST instance of rohanclient.exe exits. How that is done depends on how GameGuard handles protected program registration and whether it is set up to exit when all program instances are gone.

I will leave that for PWI's devs and nProtect to deal with, but I will leave it to those agencies to deal with it ASAP (See I did your troubleshooting for you -- I should be on the payroll!)
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-07-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    guys guys dont argue with hailey he gets his education from the top 5 university in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    LOL you can completely bypass game guard and there are already duped items... So its not like game guard is actually doing anything important anyways. Imma feel bad that imma need to bypass Game Guard if they dont fix this **** cause im close to doing it just so I can triple log 3 clients since as I have pointed out. Game Guard throws exceptions for ABSOLUTELY no reason at all.
    the mapserver has a GameGuard beacon (heartbeat) check that will cause it to disconnect at the server if the client does not send it at a given interval. In the pserver world that heartbeat is disavled by modifying (patching) the mapserver executable by hand.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    You can't bypass GG (because of that beacon) unless you have serious skills (programming in asm code) to manually patch gameguard.

Requires an extensive knowledge of the client
    Requires an extensive knowledge of server files
    Requires an extensive knowledge of gameguard
    Don't hate, friends.

Banned
    You dont need to turn it off. You only have to change how it handles the issue when it thinks it has one. For instance when it has an error thrown. You can tell it to simply bypass closing in the client code. I feel if this becomes a continuous issue. I will look into doing what I had previously done with my old client that worked pretty well. Sadly I don't have that client anymore. Not saying it would still work. However the game download websites client files are from 2011ish. So as long as the patching didnt overwrite my manual changes to the client. It would have worked fine.

Game Guard by nature has always presented problems for me. All the way back to when I was playing Gunbound over dial up when I was living with my parents. I have never liked the idea of a rootkit being installed on your computer presenting itself as an anti-hack/cheat engine.

That was about the time I first dabbled with modifying game client code to bypass this product since it inherently only works proper for people running one client at a time. Since I am running 2-3 at all times. I end up with exceptions being thrown because the programs see each other and go "OH FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SHIT CLONES SELF DESTRUCT"

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnc1186ishere View Post
    guys guys dont argue with hailey he gets his education from the top 5 university in the world.
    So, you two met?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

very simple solution to your problem on gameguard...Just restart your pc several times if needed then thats it. i encounter that problem too. trust me

Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenLeaf View Post
    very simple solution to your problem on gameguard...Just restart your pc several times if needed then thats it. i encounter that problem too. trust me
    Reboot my PC? Several times? For a fukkin game that refuses to work correctly? Not gonna happen when I can reproduce this issue 100% of the time.

An even simpler solution : Delete the official Rohan client and play where there is no GameGuard. Problem solved for good.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 02-08-2015 at 08:16 AM.

bump...
    i lost 2 item from my kiosk but no crones i get. i got dc n lost internet connection when this accident occure.. ((((((((((
    already relog over time, but nothing cahnged..