+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    well unless you want a str dhan with magic insurgents coming at you agility was the best option and it works just fine as long as ppl dont have REALLY high SD where it ****s with invenom.
    I'm sure you were pvping just fine against guards, defenders, str build dekans, giants, dhans, wizzys and locks. And if those were the only classes in this game I would prolly agree with you.

But they aren't. There are the OP classes - templars and DKs (I don't call sages OP anymore - they are at least now reasonable).

How many templars hitting 20k/whack did you kill with that dhan? How many of those templars 1 and 2-hitted you? Bet they didn't even need to use shield strike on you. Temps have 100% accuracy and even if they occasionally dud miss half of them have attack speed so fast you haven't a chance of surviving more than 4 seconds.

No templars and DKs are just plain OP as hell. There is nothing that can stand up to them except another temp or DK.

As far as I can see having 100% DD human classes is a balancing factor that can give players an option to at least survive a game rampant with OP templars (doesn't help with the dekans, but one out of two ain't a bad thing).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

100% DD is not fair old man it basically meant every last man standing event was a draw for example. And people knew what they were getting into when they purchased an AXE instead of a sword or mace which would have been useful for their class so its fair to say that they risked it knowing they would get 100% DD and that one day they might be nerfed. Did people who purchased guardians, upgrade swords and upgrade daggers when offhands were 50% get a refund when they changed it to 30%? nop they knew what they were getting into and they got their just deserts when the nerf hit.

100% DD is not the only problem however old man, there is this PH 50% DD set (and a few lesser versions around). Not to mention that these are not the only stats that need a cap because there are still players who used cheats to make armor pieces with extra HP, DD, Me/Ma/RA attack %.

The solution is to cap the TOTAL stats so they fit scenarios with BiS gear.

Max HP cant exceed dual wielding upg 1.0s (120% and offhand 120%)
    Max attack cant exceed dual wielding upg 2.0s
    Damage Drop cant exceed 5% of the highest DD mainhand (which is 83%? so 88% would be the cap)

Does this kill anything? nop guards are supposed to use swords defenders are supposed to use maces and they will still get the DD cap. Does this kill DD gear? nop you just wont have to wear a full set to reach the DD cap. Does this kill cheaters? effectively yes but they could make stat armor which would bypass the HP% cap.

Also any class that has 300 int can kiss elemental damage goodbye so then its just invenom which you can also bypass if you have over 40% SD. Sorry but the people you were testing those 100% dd theories were all bad having SD and decent equipment all around will make you immortal and if you have 40% DD the dekans cant kill you either so enter god mode.
    Stop QQ it jux a human holding a Axe n a dagger can't even kill y r u QQ about....if they nerf temp u going rage quit......

Banned
    Well, lets put it like this. I can deal with templars with 100% dd. As far as 24% dd lawl get 1shot by envi.

In mass pvp when stuffs going ape. When cherish AA aoe on me, and utilities AA aoe on me. My hp goes from 83k to 0 in a matter of 1-2 seconds. Lets not forget that almost every dekan can 1shot anything under 120k hp.

I keep seeing this same arguement from you. "LOL who has less than 100k hp" lemme answer this with this following answer. I have been back in game since about December 10th or so. I am, not playing a vit class. While I have a +7 Walters, +90vit stones on my hat and costume, +6 FD, +6 beze and 2 +6 upgrade rings and my dhan's +7 and isnt even full vit BECAUSE I wanted to have more hp. I get 83k hp with scrolls, arcane, and fox.

Now on to why im using a Fox over a lion. When I have both.

Indeed with the lion I will probably have 90-100k hp. However tacking on another 12-17k hp doesnt do much. Its an extra swing at best for most temps. Where as a fox gives me between 8k hp back when I get hit for 24k dmg. So overall I feel that I essentially have MORE hp by using a fox, than I do when im not using a fox.

I do enjoy the fact that you are calling me out tho, acting as if I am maxed out for gear when I haven't even scratched the surface for where I want/need to be for gear. When you act like Tar who lemme guess has been playing for over a year or more. Has had that time to gear for over a year or more. Compared to me, who has 4 4part upgrades, an epic, and ok accessories. Because most of the stuff I have seen price wise for a +12 feath for a while was like 20-25k rp and I really dont feel like spending a grand on accessories. Maybe tax time comes.

The walls of text are pretty clear and concise and far from confusing unless people have the reading comprehension level of SPP. Which who knows they might, I mean if anyone feels that these are too detailed and wants this broken up in smaller, more easy to digest pieces. Please lemme know I will talk slower, and use smaller words. However, many of these people might not even like me. However they are agreeing with me on several points.

While mark might or might not like me. I see that what he is saying is almost mirroring what I am saying.

You keep bringing up SD armor. Which is something I will now touch on.

As I know you have a templar. As you know I have a guardian, defender, predator, avenger, and savage. All able to use the upgrades I have.

Out of my 5 characters only 2 of them are able to get the max potential SD which is what 18+18+16? So 52%?? That being said, 52% sd is a LOT and would be awesome except for 1 minor detail. If I want to have 52% SD I will need to have a shield. Using a shield means that I cant have 100% DD. Having 100% DD is what keeps templars from doing dmg to me. 16% more SD isnt enough of a factor for me to go, ya know what I still wanna get smacked for 10-15k AA's by well geared temps just so dekans cant 1 shot me. BECAUSE.... Templars will then be doing dmg. Which means that while I wont get 100-0'd by a dekan. They will still nuke me for a large chunk of dmg. Perhaps they will just need to 2 hit me.

Maybe when I get to be as geared as Cabron, or KOCE. I wont think about how op templars are. However I highly doubt that it will come to that, I still see koce, and Cabron dying to temps. While they have considerably more hp than I have. Possibly double my hp? Fact remains, with as hard as templars are hitting. 100% dd is nice to NOT have to worry about templars for once.

Yes, back in the day, I would destroy templars. Many of the top tier temps wouldnt fight my str defender just because they hit 1-3k dmg on me PER hit and in fix I Was able to hit over 6-7k on them with crits reaching 10K+. If times were still like that and 8x dd meant that I would be getting hit less than 6k a hit. I would be fine with a cap. However on 82% dd I still get hit for 12k+ aa's

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I'm sure you were pvping just fine against guards, defenders, str build dekans, giants, dhans, wizzys and locks. And if those were the only classes in this game I would prolly agree with you.

But they aren't. There are the OP classes - templars and DKs (I don't call sages OP anymore - they are at least now reasonable).

How many templars hitting 20k/whack did you kill with that dhan? How many of those templars 1 and 2-hitted you? Bet they didn't even need to use shield strike on you. Temps have 100% accuracy and even if they occasionally dud miss half of them have attack speed so fast you haven't a chance of surviving more than 4 seconds.

No templars and DKs are just plain OP as hell. There is nothing that can stand up to them except another temp or DK.

As far as I can see having 100% DD human classes is a balancing factor that can give players an option to at least survive a game rampant with OP templars (doesn't help with the dekans, but one out of two ain't a bad thing).
    With storm assault I went after templars too. Playing agility dhan is all about openings you cant derp the same way a templar, DK or the new 100% DD humans can.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Commander
    you can't argue with moron strellan lel.

tbh idk who's the most retarded between strellan and SPP lel.
    Last edited by carnettsc; 02-05-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Don't hate, friends.

Banned
    Don't trust Atzigan, I remember when he say they won't sell epics again and no epics on Jin. But they sell epics again and jin merged with Ran. So sry but don't trust that guy. And 100% dd is fair 4me, they pay for that 2x as much as nabs who play their templars! Still players with 100% DD r no gods and they still die. So plz Templars stop QQ

With storm assault I went after templars too. Playing agility dhan is all about openings you cant derp the same way a templar, DK or the new 100% DD humans can.
    AGI dhans require the most skill to play of any Rohan class even if the game weren't completely overrun by a couple OP classes. Everybody knows that. Problem is that storm assault takes a fairly large amount of time to cast and while you are doing that you are getting whacked at the rate of 4 whacks/sec and 20-40k/whack.

Now when you consider that skill takes at least a full second to cast and a temp is whacking at you, I suspect you are dead by the time you are done casting. Now if that temp wasn't reflecting your stuns back into your face, you just might get a chance if the temp was a total derp. As it stands today, the only thing actually getting anywhere with them are DKs and other temps. At least there is now a class they cant totally wipe.

Oh and yes, I died really fast today on my 100% DD defender to a suicide even though I was running nearly 300k HP. So add that as one more way to kill somebody that has 100% DD and even 100% SD (FYI: You can even kill a GM character with Suicide - just don't tell Atzigan I told you).

100% DD does not mean indestructible. They can be killed. It sux that you will just have to use a different class to do it (perhaps that agi avenger?).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Commander
    AGI dhans require the most skill to play of any Rohan class even if the game weren't completely overrun by a couple OP classes. Everybody knows that. Problem is that storm assault takes a fairly large amount of time to cast and while you are doing that you are getting whacked at the rate of 4 whacks/sec and 20-40k/whack.

Now when you consider that skill takes at least a full second to cast and a temp is whacking at you, I suspect you are dead by the time you are done casting. Now if that temp wasn't reflecting your stuns back into your face, you just might get a chance if the temp was a total derp. As it stands today, the only thing actually getting anywhere with them are DKs and other temps. At least there is now a class they cant totally wipe.

Oh and yes, I died really fast today on my 100% DD defender to a suicide even though I was running nearly 300k HP. So add that as one more way to kill somebody that has 100% DD and even 100% SD (FYI: You can even kill a GM character with Suicide - just don't tell Atzigan I told you).

100% DD does not mean indestructible. They can be killed. It sux that you will just have to use a different class to do it (perhaps that agi avenger?).
    Solution : use a speed hawk with casting time reduction. 1.5 secs ;D

Storm Assault becomes almost instacast.
    Don't hate, friends.

Banned

Awards Showcase

AGI dhans require the most skioll to play of any Rohan class even if the game weren't completely overrun by a couple OP classes. Everybody knows that. Problem is that storm assault takes a faily large amount of tiem to case and while you are doing that you are getting whacked at the rate of 4 whacks/sec and 20-40k/whack.

I've died to suicide multiple times when running events.
    Mind Exchange is a nasty skill as well that works against admin GM toons.

It's gonna need to be awfull effective against a templar that is running almost 300K HP.