+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

There is a nasty rumor that ....

... PWI will be nerfing DD on dual weapon-equipped human classes due to templars whining about not being able to kill them.

Is there any truth to that? I certainly hope not because people have spend huge amounts of money to get that 100% dd. There WILL be yet another round of Rage-Quitting if that happens.

FWIW: Those classes are no more unkillable than vit dekans are. That Templars can't kill them using melee-based attacks is a big too forking bad! It is about time that there was a class/equipment combination that didn't get dropped by a temp withing about 10 seconds if whacking!

Any class that has elemental (or FFS) attacks have no problem at all competing against 100% dd.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

100% DD is not fair old man it basically meant every last man standing event was a draw for example. And people knew what they were getting into when they purchased an AXE instead of a sword or mace which would have been useful for their class so its fair to say that they risked it knowing they would get 100% DD and that one day they might be nerfed. Did people who purchased guardians, upgrade swords and upgrade daggers when offhands were 50% get a refund when they changed it to 30%? nop they knew what they were getting into and they got their just deserts when the nerf hit.

100% DD is not the only problem however old man, there is this PH 50% DD set (and a few lesser versions around). Not to mention that these are not the only stats that need a cap because there are still players who used cheats to make armor pieces with extra HP, DD, Me/Ma/RA attack %.

The solution is to cap the TOTAL stats so they fit scenarios with BiS gear.

Max HP cant exceed dual wielding upg 1.0s (120% and offhand 120%)
    Max attack cant exceed dual wielding upg 2.0s
    Damage Drop cant exceed 5% of the highest DD mainhand (which is 83%? so 88% would be the cap)

Does this kill anything? nop guards are supposed to use swords defenders are supposed to use maces and they will still get the DD cap. Does this kill DD gear? nop you just wont have to wear a full set to reach the DD cap. Does this kill cheaters? effectively yes but they could make stat armor which would bypass the HP% cap.

Also any class that has 300 int can kiss elemental damage goodbye so then its just invenom which you can also bypass if you have over 40% SD. Sorry but the people you were testing those 100% dd theories were all bad having SD and decent equipment all around will make you immortal and if you have 40% DD the dekans cant kill you either so enter god mode.
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 02-03-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

I dont mind another class being OP now, Atleast it's something new. I rather get killed by a Human then a temp...

Except they cant even kill anyone lol they are just derping 90% of the axe guards dont even use mana drain like wtf.

Need help? PM me

90-95% DD for everyone and done. Temps have epic DPS and healing DKs have epic HP nuke and healing dhans have stealth and epic crits humans with combo and epic DD I would be more than happy to die by a Human than a Temp. At least that human had to combo me to kill me. Oh and yeah a lot of people don't know how to play humans. Sadly I'm not strong enough to kill them and laugh in their face
    Last edited by RBNXD; 02-03-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: stupid tablet!!!
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    ... PWI will be nerfing DD on dual weapon-equipped human classes due to templars whining about not being able to kill them.

Is there any truth to that? I certainly hope not because people have spend huge amounts of money to get that 100% dd. There WILL be yet another round of Rage-Quitting if that happens.

FWIW: Those classes are no more unkillable than vit dekans are. That Templars can't kill them using melee-based attacks is a big too forking bad! It is about time that there was a class/equipment combination that didn't get dropped by a temp withing about 10 seconds if whacking!

Any class that has elemental (or FFS) attacks have no problem at all competing against 100% dd.
    Hey Bandit, it's just a rumor. No nerfs are currently on the works, upcoming "balancing" is coming late Q2 or Q3 possibly but not related to a cap on stats or nerf on dual wielding even more than what it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    Hey Bandit, it's just a rumor. No nerfs are currently on the works, upcoming "balancing" is coming late Q2 or Q3 possibly but not related to a cap on stats or nerf on dual wielding even more than what it already is.
    Thanks Atzigan. I appreciate that. Myself and several others that have collectively spent a few thousand dollars on this game in the couple weeks were quite alarmed when we heard the rumor that the advertised properties of the goods we purchased may change at a later date. Some were already talking about deleting everything and leaving - this time for good.

I'll pass on your reassurances to them before they do anything rash.

@strellan -- i'll try out that 300 int trick.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    If anything - spending a few thousand dollars within a few weeks on a game (any game for that matter) - one has left previously for (quite obvious) reasons, is the mere definition of 'doing anything rash'.

This is the gaming industry - you know all too well - where things change. Rapidly.

E.g.:
    (very recent)
    - players: ugh they're going f2p [panick]
    - company: no we're not
    *consistent rumors*
    - company: *removes 6 month subscription option*
    - players: *panick*
    - company: We assure you, we are not going f2p. We removed the 6m subscription based on the most valued feedback of our playerbase. We feel that our players do not prefer long paid comitments and, instead, prefer the short term payments. We will not go f2p.
    *few weeks later*
    - company: we're going f2p *troll face*

(not so recent):
    - we'll never sell epic weaps again.
    *sells upgrades*
    - ok, no really - that was rather silly, let's not do that again.
    - *new upgrade sell*
    - *stops three ways in - trollface* Just kidding.
    - epic free server instead because, well, obviously the above was a bad idea.
    - merge servers *trollface*

Anyways, every game has its faults - but waiting on reassurance of the company, is like asking a burglar if he saw your mobile phone anywhere.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 02-03-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    100% DD is not fair old man it basically meant every last man standing event was a draw for example. And people knew what they were getting into when they purchased an AXE instead of a sword or mace which would have been useful for their class so its fair to say that they risked it knowing they would get 100% DD and that one day they might be nerfed. Did people who purchased guardians, upgrade swords and upgrade daggers when offhands were 50% get a refund when they changed it to 30%? nop they knew what they were getting into and they got their just deserts when the nerf hit.

100% DD is not the only problem however old man, there is this PH 50% DD set (and a few lesser versions around). Not to mention that these are not the only stats that need a cap because there are still players who used cheats to make armor pieces with extra HP, DD, Me/Ma/RA attack %.

The solution is to cap the TOTAL stats so they fit scenarios with BiS gear.

Max HP cant exceed dual wielding upg 1.0s (120% and offhand 120%)
    Max attack cant exceed dual wielding upg 2.0s
    Damage Drop cant exceed 5% of the highest DD mainhand (which is 83%? so 88% would be the cap)

Does this kill anything? nop guards are supposed to use swords defenders are supposed to use maces and they will still get the DD cap. Does this kill DD gear? nop you just wont have to wear a full set to reach the DD cap. Does this kill cheaters? effectively yes but they could make stat armor which would bypass the HP% cap.

Also any class that has 300 int can kiss elemental damage goodbye so then its just invenom which you can also bypass if you have over 40% SD. Sorry but the people you were testing those 100% dd theories were all bad having SD and decent equipment all around will make you immortal and if you have 40% DD the dekans cant kill you either so enter god mode.
    So, basicly you were outraged, furious when they nerfed 7xdd weapons.
    But you are ok with ynk nerfing 8xdd weapons.

Double standard much?
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    So, basicly you were outraged, furious when they nerfed 7xdd weapons.
    But you are ok with ynk nerfing 8xdd weapons.

Double standard much?
    umm im not pro lets nerf the max DD of a single hand weapon even in that post it says 5% more than the max stats on a single weapon. Anyone who is pro 100% DD is just trying to make a statement saying they cant handle templars with 99.933333333% dd or anything less than 100%.

Need help? PM me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast