+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Rohan creates a folder called \RohanScreenShot in your "Documents" folder when you take your first screen shot (PrtScr key) while game has window input focus (clicking your game window to bring it to the front). You find your screenshots there.

You can also use a free utility I like called "LightShot" ( https://app.prntscr.com/en/ and no I don't have shares in the company - i jsut really like it ) which can take a screen capture and host it for you -- saves manually uploading to a picture host. I like that one because it lets you select just the bits you want to share - not the whole game screen. Also you can mark up the image to bring attention to the bits you want.

To use that simply hit PrtScr key when the Rohan game does NOT have input focus (click the desktop background). What you get when this creates your screen shots is a link to a hosted image web page not the image itself. You have to open that web page and copy the URL to the image location too paste it into your ticket.

Here's an example of one of these:

TIP: If you use your Rohan client to take screen shots, set it to output then a "JPG" files rather than "BMP files. JPG files are a LOT smaller!!
    Thanks for they info. I checked the documents file and the Rohan screenshot file is empty. Prtsc letters are shadowed (dark grey), so I also pressed the FN key and still no screenshot. Going to get that app LightShot you shared, thank you. Not sure I understand your last sentence, it is totally Greek to me.

how do you use Rohan Client to take a screenshot?

Maybe the problem is this laptop. I used to be able to find my screenshots, but not since I bought this.
    <a href=http://s465.photobucket.com/user/afflygal/media/PuertoVallarta2011_zps9b2feb80.jpg.html][IMG]http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr15/afflygal/PuertoVallarta2011_zps9b2feb80.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://s465.photobucket.com/user/aff...ps9b2feb80.jpg</a>

Guild Master of The Empire (Jainus/Ran/Torian) Oldest remaining guild in game.
    The Empire was established in 2007 by Zapranoth

AFflygal, Priest 115
    Tinkerbell Lvl 112
    HoLeeSchitt, lvl 115, Warlock
    FlyBabe, Priest, 90
    KnowWhenToRun, Ranger lvl 115
    SilentBtDeadly, lvl 115

Quote Originally Posted by AFflygal View Post
    Thanks for they info. I checked the documents file and the Rohan screenshot file is empty. Prtsc letters are shadowed (dark grey), so I also pressed the FN key and still no screenshot. Going to get that app LightShot you shared, thank you. Not sure I understand your last sentence, it is totally Greek to me.

Maybe the problem is this laptop. I used to be able to find my screenshots, but not since I bought this.
    you use windows 7?

If you do press start and type in the search box "rohan" and see if any images show up.

What penguin joe said was go to options and in there you should see 2 check boxes 1 says BMP the other says JPG. These checkboxes are used to select what format the images are in. JPGs are easier to look at than BMPS (you dont need to know why) which is why he said it.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by AFflygal View Post

Screen shots are found here in windows:

I am using Windows 8.1 for this example. Windows 7 will look a little bit different.

With a standard desktop keyboard you Press the PrtSc (no Ctrl, Shift, Alt or Fn). If you laptop keyboard requires it you may need to press Shift or Alt (doubtful yuou would need to an Fn key).

You get a clue that the screenshot is being taken if the screen freezes for a fraction of a second when you hit PrtSc. As mentioned earlier you can choose .BMP or .JPG as your file type -- .jpg images are MUCH smaller.

Finally Windows will attempt to hide extensions on you so you may not see saved images with .bmp or .jpg extensions - only a name like rohan1204110846233 (that name is made from a date + serial number).
    Keep trying you will get it
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

just let NTFS indexing do the work.

Windows 8/8.1: Windows key +Q > rohan

the window should show you anything with the name rohan including all images that start with rohan

windows 7: windows key (open start menu) > rohan

the start menu should change to show you all the items with the name rohan including images that start with rohan.

windows xp: install everything open everything and type rohan.
    *Everything makes use of NTFS indexing which windows xp has but was under utilized. *

Need help? PM me

Banned
    Windows 2000 used NTFS as well... anything before that was fat32 and before 98 se was fat 16..... Unless you use unix/linux in which case they use their own file system formats and I say formats because they have several different formats.

Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    Windows 2000 used NTFS as well... anything before that was fat32 and before 98 se was fat 16..... Unless you use unix/linux in which case they use their own file system formats and I say formats because they have several different formats.
    NTFS indexing started in xp I think, its a feature of NTFS not all of it.

Need help? PM me

actually ntfs was introduced in windows NT 3.1.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

... because they didn't want to pay IBM royalties on HPFS
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.