+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new rings

new rings

Dunno why they need to make a voucher for these new gears, but normally how long does it take before they exchange ring voucher for the actual rings? round @

same amount of time as for upgrade weaps and armor. 1-3 business days (barring ****ups which seem to happen regularly - add 24 hrs minimum for each ticket you have to send in to deal with those).

Personally I find the way PWYNKi uses of vouchers and database record editing both amateurish and a sign that the staff does not know how to create upgraded items the right way.

Manually editing database records to deliver these items is a process that is heavily prone to errors and customer disappointment when the purchase goods appear in the customer inventories either wrong or not at all. The time lag is also unnecessary and causes issues when they don't deliver the purchased good in that 3 day window (forcing customers to submit tickets that take over 24 hrs to be handled) then run events for forging or reinforcement a couple days after selling this stuff. This is a recipe for pissed off customers that have spend a lot of money only to be disappointed and enraged by this company.

@PWi staff: If you don't know how to create real items for sale on your IM that can be delivered as soon as the customer buys them let me know. I can teach you guys how to do it the right way! (hint: You don't touch the database but you DO need to plan a couple weeks ahead!!).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    same amount of time as for upgrade weaps and armor. 1-3 business days (barring ****ups which seem to happen regularly - add 24 hrs minimum for each ticket you have to send in to deal with those).

Personally I find the way PWYNKi uses of vouchers and database record editing both amateurish and a sign that the staff does not know how to create upgraded items the right way.

Manually editing database records to deliver these items is a process that is heavily prone to errors and customer disappointment when the purchase goods appear in the customer inventories either wrong or not at all. The time lag is also unnecessary and causes issues when they don't deliver the purchased good in that 3 day window (forcing customers to submit tickets that take over 24 hrs to be handled) then run events for forging or reinforcement a couple days after selling this stuff. This is a recipe for pissed off customers that have spend a lot of money only to be disappointed and enraged by this company.

@PWi staff: If you don't know how to create real items for sale on your IM that can be delivered as soon as the customer buys them let me know. I can teach you guys how to do it the right way! (hint: You don't touch the database but you DO need to plan a couple weeks ahead!!).
    its not manually updating a database............ its a simple select statement
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

Still manual. A little more than a select. :

- Select the voucher (in dboTItem).
    - Insert a record of the appropriate type into the event inventory table (into dbo.TEventItem)
    - Update the record to change the right part (don't screw up!), stats, prices, weights, attributes & options (array of multiple byte + short values -- don't screw them up!) user and character (again, don't screw it up) -- might be possible to do this as part of the insert.
    - delete the voucher (in dboTItem).

Most of this can be done with stored procedures, but for the effort of creating new stored procedures you can create appropriate items right in the bin files and deliver them immediately upon purchase. Not only that buty you still have to provide all the right information wehen you run that proc. That is still manual, is a source of possible screwups and yet another support ticket waiting to happen.

Thing is that this could all be avoided by simple planning and adding the custom items properly in the appropriate bin files. You intending to sell upgrade weapon parts? Fine! Copy the existing upgrade weapon parts as new records (with new ids) and set up their attribs and options. And distribute the updated bins on the next maintenance. Then when you put them up for sale on IM, simply create new records of the right type in the customer's Item Mall Inventory just like they do with anything else.

Not only does the customer get his goods immediately, but there is none uncertainty that comes from manual operations. No possibility of messing up stats, item type or attributes. No having to go back to support with tickets if the items aren't delivered on time (delivery was when the customer purchased the items). That's the right way to do this kind of this.

Not by using amateurish database record zapping.

------- edit -------------

If to rub salt to into PWYNKi's wound and something that illustrates my points above, I purchased a couple noob weapons a few days ago to help get my lowbies up to speed. I got "Weapon Voucher" items for it. I also bought 4 rings in the ring event and got "Armor Voucher" itmes for it. I logged my tempt odfay to check on them and I we PWYNKI converted 2 of those ring vouchers into Noob weapons and left the weapon Vouchers sitting on my noob char.

I had to send a ticket in (#222375 in case you are reading this Atzigan) to make sure these guys don't totally ****up my items and have my rings ready for me for the weekend.

If they did things the way I described above, this could not possibly happen. This is the direct result of manual handling of these orders.

------- edit 2 -------------

Dang, quick acting on that Atzigan. I expected at least 24hr turnaround. Thanks for getting on this so fast. Kudos to you.
    You're starting to become my new best pal sir.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 01-29-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Sooooo what you're saying is that they should just do:
    INSERT IN dboTItem <weaponID>, <PlayerID>?
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    Sooooo what you're saying is that they should just do:
    INSERT IN dboTItem <weaponID>, <PlayerID>?
    nope. I'm actually pushing to do just the opposite. Don't mess with the database like they are doing now. That is problems looking for a place to happen.
    Just plan what they will sell, make items for it ahead of time in the bin files and implement it on any maintenance. That is how the game is designed to be configured and run. When the want to sell the new items, all they gotta do is add/enable them on the IM web app like they do with any other kind of IM stuff (like Wrath scrolls). Dead simple.