+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    JESUS ******* **** **** ******** ******* CHRIST I found this monster at the bottom of the communal hallway the other day.

Amaurobius ferox, one of the heaviest biting spiders in the UK and easily the biggest one of them that I've ever seen. Not poisonous but that motherf is going to seriously hurt.

I killed it. Then I killed it again to make sure. Then I set the place on fire to make sure there wasn't an infestation.
    Last edited by Neophyte28; 03-08-2015 at 07:53 PM.

They grow em big in the outback...
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdeadnyc View Post
    do people go camping and sleep under the stars in aussie?
    lol well yea some people do. But fok that. Ive been camping many times and aside from the spiders, snakes and so on, we have some pretty huge a$$ Goannas here that I have encountered in the bush. They are more scared of us, but those fokers can run dam fast and if scared or corned they can bite and give a pretty good whipping of their tails.

Also we get plagues of Mosquitoes here and in the summer months even just walking outside at night can be a nightmare.

So yea, a tent is the smarter way to go lol

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I wouldn't even take off my shoes if I ever set foot on Aussie ground You know, because you'll have to put them back on at some point and by then it's probably crawling with whatever-that's-out-there.
    Thats one of the main things here (at least in the home ), if you leave your shoes outside, check them be4 you put them back on cause you never know whats going to be in them lol

But well, alot of the spiders and bugs here can be mostly avoided by regularly using bug spray/ surface sprays (inside and out) and keeping up with it on a month by month basis. Using the barrier sprays can be really helpful.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    JESUS ******* **** **** ******** ******* CHRIST I found this monster at the bottom of the communal hallway the other day.

Amaurobius ferox, one of the heaviest biting spiders in the UK and easily the biggest one of them that I've ever seen. Not poisonous but that motherf is going to seriously hurt.

I killed it. Then I killed it again to make sure. Then I set the place on fire to make sure there wasn't an infestation.

Ewww thats foked lol Id set the place on fire too! haha ;p

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

They grow em big in the outback...
    lol!

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Also we get plagues of Mosquitoes here and in the summer months even just walking outside at night can be a nightmare.
    I hear the magpies get downright nasty in aus.

Last edited by BananaBandit; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

lol yea they do. Evil little fokers too. Rly have to try and avoid them in nesting season. And they tell us not to wear things on our heads like sun glasses ect cuz that will attract them even more.

We even have plants here in Aussie that are just evil. Tho its not where I live thank good but mostly in the Rain forests

. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides Nasty thing it is ;/

When you wake up..
    But that's ok.

It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Lol ye.
    Seagulls can get darn nasty as well. I got attacked by a bunch past summer.. Was checking on quay for a mooring vessel so the cptn knew where to berth.. those little (ok, not so little) buggers make their nests on the ground. Them parenting Seagulls kept swooping down and making a hell of a lot noise. Not to mention they were actually targetting their crap o.O'

Luckily I was able to avoid all (-.-') but dayum did I run to my car! Fck that ship, it's got a captain for something.

/notfunny

I already have my helmet ready for coming May/June
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Hehe, gulls (I can't call them seagulls cause I am nowhere near a sea) where i live simply you will have a whole entourage of them following you everywhere you go if you happen to have any kind of food in your hand (a box of french fries guarantee a flock of 30 following you). If you toss them a tidbit you have like 20+ gulls falling all over and dive bombing each other trying to get it. Quite amusing to watch.

What the **** is wrong with your magpies? Even the birds are trying to eat you!

They look more like our crows but then again they are all part of the corvus family. Smart, evil feckers. Gulls are the same everywhere but the worst for me is the common feral pigeon. I once sat down while eating some chips (or fries for you americanified types) and one jumped and hovered right in front of me. I punched it in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    What the **** is wrong with your magpies? Even the birds are trying to eat you!
    That's Aus. If you can't eat it, it tries to eat you.