+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Servers merging, updates, going on, HOW ABOUT??????

YNK, you guys are doing a ton of stuff and all these years I been playing, it's always a pain in the arse to change to another server to play on another character I have.

How about you guys maybe design a tool so when you choose to change to another character, that you add a server selection option also.

As it is now, I have to quit rohan all together and wait for the client to run again just to change to another server.

That is a good thought that has been suggested to them a dozen times over the last 6 years. It won't happen.
    I have a good idea why since I know how a rohan server is put together.

Trust me the cost of changing their server deployment pattern will be far more expensive than they will want to spend on a game that is just barely breaking even. A lot simpler (and cheaper!) to add content, merge or add servers into the existing deployment structure.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Well, that's a bummer. Sure it be nice to have a button asking ya to go back to the server screen, but it is what it is a suppose.

Banned
    While I agree to a point. They can add a button to have it drop back to the log in screen while still requiring you to log back in. It could resolve the majority of peoples want for a button to change servers. The overall issue I have is that occasionally the game simply wont wanna patch right, or by the time you close out and it launches back in it still thinks you have a client open so it wants to eat more processor and resources temporarily till it finishes closing the game out.

I believe a log out option would not be too complicated. It really has nothing to do with server side at that point. Since the game runs though the log in server, the gateway select server, and then the game server. Going backwards in that would get wonky because of the tunneling. However dropping out to log in should be rather simple to do.

Yeah. Too bad the YNK devs really suck at application design. Their modularity is not very good in that they seem to have the whole sequence of login component->server select->game server is pretty heavily single threaded. They haven't quite got the reentrancy bit down yet and simply leave the OS to clean up their client rather than doing their own flush/reload at the server selection web app. I think for them to modularize their client enough to allow reentering at the server select (or even login) flash scripts that would pretty much burn every brain cell their devs got.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Hmmm........... We wouldn't want to burn the devs out do we. (EVIL GRIN)

devs may have a concrete reason why this feature isn’t applied to Rohan. Anyway for me, it’s not a big deal to use alt+f4 if you need to change your server. And yep! It might take a moment but sure thing you can still able to login and choose server to play. Rohan have so many serious problems and let’s just focus to the major ones and help to address these to the GMs or Devs.

I wonder the post here about 6 months ago when Isen server was new..

"Please GM we are only few in JIN server merge it please we don't want to wipe our character."

Now you guys are saying that its hard to play on another server? O_O
    The thing I hate the most is to trample on other people's good will.

they are saying they would like a less clumsy way to switch between servers than having to exit the client and re-log in. Most other games have a way to do that. Not Rohan.

even when the servers are merged, Jin will become just another sub-server in ran like Akhma or Marea. You still have to exit the Rohan client to change even between those sub-servers.

the request was put to YNK almost 4 years age and has be requested many times again since. They didn't listen when they had lots of money and players to keep happy and they won't now when they have very few players and are barely making financial ends meet.

Yah, I also read like this thread several months ago. They should note this. How about sending tickets about this thread, like suggestion. Do you think it will work?