+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ezealsin View Post
    Well why use a new game engine if there are already great ones out there. Unreal, frostbite 3.0, and so on....? I can buy a game engine for like $1700 that I could clean some of the game content and still keep it a great game. Lol its not like they got publishers on there back to move the developers..... hint hint.
    I could give a dozen reasons to use Unity as opposed to many of the others. the most prevalent is cross platform support. that plus there are tons of game assets available out there for them to use royalty free. note that to help fund the development they are also developing game assets for resale as well. their development started 3 years ago on Unity.

would be rather stupid of them to change engines now that they are so close to testing phases.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 12-13-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Sadly enough, their 'customer' support will be just as bad - if not worse.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Sadly enough, their 'customer' support will be just as bad - if not worse.
    You don't necessarily know that. Neither do I.

I have no idea what their company structure will look like when they are finally ready to publish. Will they do it themselves or hire a publisher like EA to publish and support it like most game developers.

From what I have seen of it from the inside, it will be awesome.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 12-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Ok I understand were you are comen from. But my concern now is the pop one the servers. There dead. Me I love the game and hope for it to come back to its glory. But what's going to happen when they launch the new program? Are the people going to come....? Not onley that but are they going to stay this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ezealsin View Post
    Ok I understand were you are comen from. But my concern now is the pop one the servers. There dead. Me I love the game and hope for it to come back to its glory. But what's going to happen when they launch the new program? Are the people going to come....? Not onley that but are they going to stay this time?
    the guys waiting for unity5.0 are private server developers it has nothing to do with the official game.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    the guys waiting for unity5.0 are private server developers it has nothing to do with the official game.
    You are associating Unity 5.0 with something illegal. That can't be farther from the truth.

To correct you. Private server developers have absolutely no use for Unity 5.0. Unity is a game engine and platform used to develop completely new games.
    It is REAL game developers that are waiting for it - not private server reverse engineers.

Please do not associate illegal activities with this. There is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

@ezealsin

I expect like any new content release in Rohan there will be as surge of interest. Most of these in the past had an initial influx of players coming in to check it out. Once the honeymoon is over however they turn around and go away again until there is less people here than before the release was put in.

From what I have been hearing out of leaks from the Korean test team Trinity will offer some very different gameplay options than we are used to. It will generate a lot of interest and many people will be checking it out - including myself (don't get excited folks I won't be hanging around after the honeymoon. I'm just curious). Since it is the players that decide if a game wins or fails, we will need to see if this is enough to capture and hold players.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    You are associating Unity 5.0 with something illegal. That can't be farther from the truth.

To correct you. Private server developers have absolutely no use for Unity 5.0. Unity is a game engine and platform used to develop completely new games.
    It is REAL game developers that are waiting for it - not private server reverse engineers.

Please do not associate illegal activities with this. There is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

@ezealsin

I expect like any new content release in Rohan there will be as surge of interest. Most of these in the past had an initial influx of players coming in to check it out. Once the honeymoon is over however they turn around and go away again until there is less people here than before the release was put in.

From what I have been hearing out of leaks from the Korean test team Trinity will offer some very different gameplay options than we are used to. It will generate a lot of interest and many people will be checking it out - including myself (don't get excited folks I won't be hanging around after the honeymoon. I'm just curious). Since it is the players that decide if a game wins or fails, we will need to see if this is enough to capture and hold players.
    I reckon what she means is that it's the same people who also happen to have a private server. Not that the use for Unity 5.0. necessarily will happen on a private server.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

Save the semantics old man im not taking out my pitchfork for anyone here. The point is these people are/were private server developers AND they are now looking to make some sort of rohan-clone (we dont know what elements from rohan they want to put in their game but probably enough to make it feel like rohan). At the end of the day they are a private entity using things from rohan (its playerbase, elements of the game that players like etc.) to make a new game.

Need help? PM me

To be honest, Eagle and Strellan are correct. I also think Mark will also agree now he no longer works with these assho... I mean people.

In the end the Unity "project" is totally illegal and will fall under the same banner as any pserver. The reason is not because of stolen code as pservers fall foul of but because of stolen graphical resources. Even though the exact 110100110110011 might not be the same when it's ported to Unity, it will be clear to any legal team that the graphics in Unity are the same as the graphics used in Rohan. The same applies to the dimensions of the meshes used and the same goes with the animations.

In a court of law, the Unity "project" will crumble and Yurneroo will once again be relegated to nothing more than flaming other developers because that's all he's capable of. The guy is trash and half of his team has deserted him because of his self-centred attitude.

Keep going Yurn! I so want you to actually complete and release something so I can see you get totally mauled by your own blind arrogance.

that drama tho :P

The question is how much can you take from rohan and apply to another game and get away with it?

Need help? PM me