+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshine View Post
    How is hunter kitting not ''actually playing it''? It's just a tool to conveniently and effectively exp your char.

Tournament game based around free max gears? You're forgetting that these people are running business here - not solely a game for you to have fun
    Who said free? Please, if you make any assumptions, do say so that they are yours. Just a matter of avoiding confusion.

Anyway, about the part "not actually playing it" - idk what it is for you, but when there's a game (A) running in the background whilst I'm playing another game (B) for actual fun - then I'm not actually playing the effin game (A).
    Moreover, when you're in a "party" (what's in a name, right) - but one of your party members disconnect and reconnects - well that's too bad because you're not even there to reinvite them. Not only do you not get any actual gameplay - you ruin it for others besides (who actually play, mind you). Plus, I'd be wondering why I would bother running it in the background and actually paying for it.
    Is it actual "fun" when the bossraids you do lasts for a second or two?
    Buffing up and running to the spot takes longer than the actual boss kill - oh, fun! Why not sell a scroll in the IM that insta kills the boss, instead? Saves us some time, and gains them some bucks. It's for business sake - obviously.

Am I forgetting this is a business? I assume you haven't been around much when I've been posting - which is perfectly okay it's easy to miss abt 17-20k posts on these forums. I'd rather pay 15-20 bucks on a monthly basis, than $80-100 per month just to get a chance to be in the running.
    Quite the business when you make a server solely relying on forged gear - selling the spirit stones on an IM and (do you like SM?) giving them a chance to work.

Oh and, since you didn't get it, in my previous post there was a lot of sarcasm. Actually, in this one as well.
    Just a heads up.

Cheers.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

It's not an assumption, I'm following your implication lol. The way you put it and then following it with a tip where you're suggesting to pick templar implies you wouldn't be logging in that "tournament game" with your own current char and gears.

And contrary to what you both are saying - the HK is just as said more convenient and effective tool to exp. Doesn't necessarily mean you aren't watching your screen in case there's pkers around or something and it's just easier than having to move your mouse and keep clicking.

Anyway I dunno why you're both ranting about this lol, they won't likely take hk's away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshine View Post
    It's not an assumption, I'm following your implication lol. The way you put it and then following it with a tip where you're suggesting to pick templar implies you wouldn't be logging in that "tournament game" with your own current char and gears.

And contrary to what you both are saying - the HK is just as said more convenient and effective tool to exp. Doesn't necessarily mean you aren't watching your screen in case there's pkers around or something and it's just easier than having to move your mouse and keep clicking.

Anyway I dunno why you're both ranting about this lol, they won't likely take hk's away.
    What I am implying is that there is no point in a level and grind/questing/raiding system with endgame PvP, when the level and grind/questing/raiding is all but skipped over whilst for the pvp aspect you can buy it all off the IM. Hence, without IM there is no endgame PvPing for you even if you did all the actual grinding/questing. Is that logic not flawed?
    How many 'dungeon' runs have you done in the past? How ironic is it that these 'dungeons' have little to no reward but are solely used for HK grind (e.g.: "this is my room") and that, despite those existing, every other new dungeon comes with nothing but the same monsters and more experience to gain.
    Is it not ironic that when one joins a party, the first question asked is: "Do you have a HK" and, when the answer is negative, it usually results in a kick.

When a hunterkit becomes a necessity in order to get somewhere - if you have to run it for weeks on end 24/7, then you know something is flawed and no, it's not my sense of "a fun gameplay".
    How many dropped goodies do people get on their HK? That much, most don't even find it worthy enough to have it picked up since it would only slow them down.

Mind you, some of us actually did all the grind and questing up till lvl 99 (ok, for me it was 97 but w.e.), before the hunterkits, before there was an upper and lower and 1xx mobs. I'm still baffled by that thought.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but the game is already opened up to illegal bot programs.

Thing is illegal bot progs are still used by crone farmers (you know those guys that sell you game gold from shady sites for cash).

Do you really think those guys are paying YNK for HKs?

You signed up to play a game. That means you sit in front of your monitor and play it - horrible rates and all.
    If you have to resort to botting progs (legal or otherwise) to play a game of skill, you fail. Perhaps Jade Dynasty really would be more to your liking if you can't play this game without botting.
    Actually old man mark if there was rohan gold farmers out there (which I doubt exist anymore with way better ways to make crones than just killing mobs) they wouldnt spend 8 bucks a month for rohanbot when they could have abused the **** out of rohanopoly by automating rohanopoly play on 500~1000 accounts to get all kinds of stuff including those hks.

Tbh hunter kits are needed once you get to the heroic lvls I seriously think at this point all low lvl grinding should be significantly reduced by making boost quests at lvl milestones. You get 5 lvls and skip the next 10 etc. There are just not enough parties for those low lvl players and the grind at the end more than maks up for that "lack of substance" as it were.

Little Peagle stop bragging that you hand grinded to 97 the required exp for 115+10 is like getting 99 50 times over maybe even more. The old man or ish can confirm but I think the exp required is always increased by the same factor meaning the lvling system has been flawed since day 1 and the newer lvls are a victim of that.
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 11-22-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Actually old man mark if there was rohan gold farmers out there (which I doubt exist anymore with way better ways to make crones than just killing mobs) they wouldnt spend 8 bucks a month for rohanbot when they could have abused the **** out of rohanopoly by automating rohanopoly play on 500~1000 accounts to get all kinds of stuff including those hks.

Tbh hunter kits are needed once you get to the heroic lvls I seriously think at this point all low lvl grinding should be significantly reduced by making boost quests at lvl milestones. You get 5 lvls and skip the next 10 etc. There are just not enough parties for those low lvl players and the grind at the end more than maks up for that "lack of substance" as it were.

Little Peagle stop bragging that you hand grinded to 97 the required exp for 115+10 is like getting 99 50 times over maybe even more. The old man or ish can confirm but I think the exp required is always increased by the same factor meaning the lvling system has been flawed since day 1 and the newer lvls are a victim of that.
    That's the whole point?

Whole point = HKs should never have been released. Ever.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

I remember lvling on Tempest back in the days a Priest and after 2yrs only got to lvl39. So that was my experience on Ran back in the day. I know that Heroic lvls 100+ are just really bad for grinding but if there was a way to make em more enjoyable it wouldn't need the HK at all and those +10 lvls after 115 suck big time. If HKs are going to be removed Fix quests exp and content, add better exp per lvl, grinding to death shouldn't be an option and Rohan shouldn't be a full time job.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Exactly.

The expedient solution: Let players bot (if they pay) and buy XP scrolls. Upside - nothing to do. Just sit back and collect money.
    The real solution: Fix the game. Provide interesting content and high exp quests for players 100-115 (and the +10s). Fix the xp rates so the grinding isn't so mind-numbingly boring.
    Provide decent xp-based incentives for winning events and pvp. Upside: satisfied players. Downside: less income from hunter kits & xp scrolls.

As this is a business, which solution do we all just know that P/W will follow? (hint: It costs money to fix the game. It costs nothing and gives income to do nothing.)
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

TBH id rather see the instance dungeon give better exp rewards with a shorter cooldown similar to tera than the same hack/slash/get this item quest that you normally see.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

I agree to that point that HK's should be released, however, it does its job right eh? and its already running for years? right? and you've also used it right?..why wont we focus on other things that isn't on the game "YET", just like on the Trinity patch and whatsoever..peace brothers and sisters