+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Upgrade 2.0 .. ( CLUB or MACE ) for templar

as the title say someone help me with that. which one should i get for my templar magic base or melee base.. thx

I would say magic. Here's why:

Currently templars double dip both magic and melee. They can stack both melee and magic attack modifiers to effectively get far more damage than they should.
    In order to properly balance templars, melee derived from the blunt mastery magic attack->melee attack conversion should never be used by melee modifying gear (those that provide melee %).

Modifying magic attack will still increase templar's melee via blunt mastery but that is the only place this melee + comes from. There is no need to mess with blunt conversion rates. Just make blunt mastery melee exempt from melee modifying gear, scrolls and accessories. Simple.

Of course templars can get 'true' melee by also including str in their builds and letting melee modifiers work with that, but folks here tent to turn noses up at anything but 'pure' builds.

Somewhere Rohan's developers will clue into all this if they truly want to balance this game. When/if they ever do then melee-based weapons on a templar will immediately become worthless to anything except str defenders and magic-based weapons / accs will be THE go-to gear of choice for temps.

My advise to you is to go for the magic-based Club and leave the melee-based maces to defenders. This will protect your investment over the long term (for however long that is).
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

^ Both guys are right, i would suggest having a str or vit def just in case the nerf happens then the Club/Mace doesn't go worthless. :P
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Its not going to happen. The game will be shut down long before blunt mastery gets fixed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    ^ Both guys are right, i would suggest having a str or vit def just in case the nerf happens then the Club/Mace doesn't go worthless. :P
    Worthless for what ? For this game surrounded by losers ?

I bang girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I would say magic. Here's why:

Currently templars double dip both magic and melee. They can stack both melee and magic attack modifiers to effectively get far more damage than they should.
    In order to properly balance templars, melee derived from the blunt mastery magic attack->melee attack conversion should never be used by melee modifying gear (those that provide melee %).

Modifying magic attack will still increase templar's melee via blunt mastery but that is the only place this melee + comes from. There is no need to mess with blunt conversion rates. Just make blunt mastery melee exempt from melee modifying gear, scrolls and accessories. Simple.

Of course templars can get 'true' melee by also including str in their builds and letting melee modifiers work with that, but folks here tent to turn noses up at anything but 'pure' builds.

Somewhere Rohan's developers will clue into all this if they truly want to balance this game. When/if they ever do then melee-based weapons on a templar will immediately become worthless to anything except str defenders and magic-based weapons / accs will be THE go-to gear of choice for temps.

My advise to you is to go for the magic-based Club and leave the melee-based maces to defenders. This will protect your investment over the long term (for however long that is).
    you are one sinister old man teaching ppl how blunt mastery works m...hmmm :P

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

thx for the reply guys ... i will go for the melee one and put it on a defender if something happen with blunt mastery

Hey Mark that's my job to talk about the wonderful mechanics of blunt mastery

Banned
    I left the game. You lost $80 for goods you could pay for anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte28 View Post
    Hey Mark that's my job to talk about the wonderful mechanics of blunt mastery
    "Mark". Dat shemale.