+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    once again asking about boosting old upgrades, is it possible for you or may I feel once again ignored?

Banned

Awards Showcase

Hey respak,
    Apologies, sometimes forum threads get burrowed with more threads and I may miss some from time to time.
    Unfortunately i feel Boosting the old upgrades will be something I will not be able to do as it would be denied.

why would it be denied? to be honest you created the second upgrades way more balanced that the old upgrades while you used to say they will be on "pair" with the old weapons, how is it fair for the users who have paid more for old ones? maybe some kind of recompensation for more expensive weapons that we paid for, by that reason many people left the game

It is pretty simple. Atzigan can only do this kind of thing if it approved by his management.

There is no financial gain in boosting old upgrades, but there is definite financial gain when guys like yourself turn around and buy new ones because you want to try and continue ruling the server. So his management is saying HELL NO!

Let's face it. The servers here have grown in scope and level since you bought your upgrade. You guys got a couple good years of use out of them ruling Ran. You want to compete with the new upgrades? Well then, it is time to upgrade your weapons. (see what I did there?)

PWYNKI never said they will keep your upgrade from going obsolete nor did the say they would never offer new ones based on the newer weapon tiers. Now they have and there is no motivation for them to make your old, moldy upgrade compete on an even footing with the higher tier weapons. Face it. Your upgrade is no longer at the top of the server food chain. Either trade up or become a better player with what you got.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

I agree with the idea of boosting old upg and epic

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    It is pretty simple. Atzigan can only do this kind of thing if it approved by his management.
    his management or not I am a consumer which may make some requests like this one I just made, I do not want to move into more details, but it should be done just by few simple reasons;
    people have their regular weapons boosted on jin by free,
    they moved powerful items from ph servers which destroyed the gameplay even more,
    more players left after/before they said about new upgrades, server merging,
    they lied to their consumers that new upgrades will be on pair with old ones while their are cheaper and I feel scammed off and those items are useless like crossbows, staves and so on.
    I know it is their product, but as a consumer I have some rights as well, they simply made some lies and I can even go as far to try and get my money back form them. to be honest with you I just left the game like many more players who were willing to spend their money here. Until the gameplay like templar and many other things won`t be fixed I am not coming back
    Last edited by respak; 01-23-2015 at 06:03 PM.

bumppppp, waiting for the official response

Look at Atizan's response above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    Hey respak,
    Apologies, sometimes forum threads get burrowed with more threads and I may miss some from time to time.
    Unfortunately i feel Boosting the old upgrades will be something I will not be able to do as it would be denied.
    That is about as "official" as you will get around here.

Quote Originally Posted by respak View Post
    his management or not I am a consumer which may make some requests like this one I just made, I do not want to move into more details, but it should be done just by few simple reasons;
    people have their regular weapons boosted on jin by free, because they were at a severe disadvantage coming against RAN players who had upgrades, epics and kickass forge rates.
    they moved powerful items from ph servers which destroyed the gameplay even more, why? so they can stand up to your existing upgrades and epics? the stuff they brought isn't really any more OP than that.
    more players left after/before they said about new upgrades, server merging, a lot of people playing in Jin simply don't like the idea of buying OP weapons from IM. Nor did they want to get into a situation where they had to compete against them. So they left.
    they lied to their consumers that new upgrades will be on pair with old ones while their are cheaper and I feel scammed off and those items are useless like crossbows, staves and so on. They are on a par when you consider -- if the base weapons were of a higher tier. If you think they cheated you. Sue them.
    I know it is their product, but as a consumer I have some rights as well, they simply made some lies and I can even go as far to try and get my money back form them. to be honest with you I just left the game like many more players who were willing to spend their money here. Until the gameplay like templar and many other things won`t be fixed I am not coming back That's your choice just like it is the choice of so many other players that ragequit the game because they felt it was unfair. PWYNKI tells you up front that when you purchase RPs they will never be refunded. You buy RPs and spend them on what you want to spend them on. If that purchase was a mistake they have no responsibility at all to refund even the RPs to you. But hey, one more player heads to the pserver world or to another game. It is your choice. You will be back here once Trinity comes out because you will be just as curious as everyone else is.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Sorry for late response, had some real life cases:
    Starting it:

because they were at a severe disadvantage coming against RAN players who had upgrades, epics and kickass forge rates.
    Even if Ran had such overpowered things like events and upgrades and so on, it does not mean that the old upgrades are not qualified to be boosted.

why? so they can stand up to your existing upgrades and epics? the stuff they brought isn't really any more OP than that.
    You ask why, right? Is not it simple? Well do not you think having "reflect or damage drop" options in the weapons or armors is not OP? I guess you do not know how the end game pvp looks like when some of the weaker classes fight between each other. People having 100% of damage drop are qualified to be tanky (receiving 0 dmg) yet they do a lot of dmg to you - when you barerly have those 50-70% of damage drop. You who had some discussion on other boards about private servers ought to know how the game broken is and how those OP items unbalance the game even more

a lot of people playing in Jin simply don't like the idea of buying OP weapons from IM. Nor did they want to get into a situation where they had to compete against them. So they left.
    Well this means it's completely P2W game, sorry but game with "micro" transactions shouldn't be like that, we farmers do not have the opportunity to buy things like that, why can't we get those op things by farming? Look on the EM now, 500kk crone for 100 rp and so on, EM is also destroyed.

They are on a par when you consider -- if the base weapons were of a higher tier. If you think they cheated you. Sue them.
    They "are not" on par with old upgrades, simply look on the old and new stats. If I were in the US and more people I could do that, unfortunately it's not within my range.

That's your choice just like it is the choice of so many other players that ragequit the game because they felt it was unfair.
    Well do not you think those who "ragequit" shouldn't come back and spend their time here chilled? It's PWI "must" to do something to bring back old players who can start everything from the start or with existing status to spend their time here without "raging".

When the epics were released in Shielyn and Ohn, people paid $260 USD (26,000RPS) for them. They were on sale for about 4 hours on two separate days.

Players who spent huge amounts of money to make their weapons found those weapons horribly underpowered and couldn't give them away. They Left.

Did YNK give a crap? No. They made lots of money in those 6 hours of sales.

Players complained so what did YBK do about a year later? They released Upgrades swelling one part per week over 4 weeks. Then stopped.
    EM picked up a bit as partial and full upgrades were selling for any price. People paid as much as 150,000 RPS to get theor hands on one. Why? Because it made them OP as hell.
    People got pizzed off and left. Did YNK give a crap? No. They made tons of money - for a while. Then things started getting tight so...

6-8 months later another upgrade sale. Supposed to be 4 parts over 4 weeks again. 3 parts sold then they stopped. Players waited and waited, begged, cried and raged but no 4th part was forthcoming. Ever. Lots of 2 and 3 part upgrades went into EM for slightly less than the cost of of of the original epics.

More players rage-quitted. What did YNK do? Created an upgrade/epic-free server that those players that did not have Bill Gates as a family friend could play and compete. It got very popular and had a really good population for a long time.

Fast forward to the last Merge. After all the promises of keeping Divinity/Jin Epic & upgrade free, YNK (Now PlayWithI) find it is not cost effective to keep 2 low-population servers running. Each server costs lots of money to run and 2 of them are no longer feasible. So a merge is necessary - which of course the guys in Jin do NOT want!! They liked their non upgrade server and feel they would be at a huge disadvantage competing against RAN's Epics and Upgrades. Remember that RAN is already heavily overpowered and PWI was throwing them in to that mess again.

In order to maker it fair to everybody from both JIN and RAN, PWI made the new tier upgrades available to everybody at far better prices than the originals.

*** end of today's history lesson ***

Short version: Old epics and upgrades are obsolete just as a Steadman sword is obsolete compared to Glacial Split sword. You had the same chance as everyone else to buy into the new upgrades. It is your problem if you didn't want to and continue using your lower tier upgrade. YNK/PWI never said they would not release better upgrades!! You just have to realize that there are now players that come and bully you with their Upgrade 2.0s just as you got to bully those that didn't have an original Upgrade 1.0 for about 4 years now. You are not at the top of the food chain anymore. If you want to be, you will have to open your wallet again just like everyone else.

Of course anybody that doesn't like those terms can always follow the same route as those folks that missed out on the upgrades and epics took. But that's just the way it is here for good or bad.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 01-30-2015 at 01:40 PM.