+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GM No talismans?

what's up with all these ''test'' what we did in the event server ?
    we will not get it?
    false hopes?

Banned
    been asking this too. it won't come out cuz it's a dent in templars armor. guaranteed.

Banned
    Oh god...those poor templars might go from doing 20x the dps other classes do down to like 19x. Its too bad they won't just fix blunt mastery...its like Korea intentionally wants to kill the game.

They have ignored all the talisman's questions, maybe because it was too much work to try to balance the game without touching the blunt... anyways, those talismans excited the players who don't have access to pro items... maybe if they bring the talismans to RAN, ISEN would die, and isen is a mine of $$$ atm... but PLEASE GMS don't forget about RAN, in my personal case, I have been playing for 5 years building my ran account and I don't have time anymore to start from 0...

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Oh god...those poor templars might go from doing 20x the dps other classes do down to like 19x. Its too bad they won't just fix blunt mastery...its like Korea intentionally wants to kill the game.
    Tbh I dont like the current talismans anyways I would love to see other options like mobi/attack speed/crit/block rate/weapon attack/stun resistance/armour penetration depending on what the class needs. I mean having 300 str or 300 dex is nice yeah (and in most cases id keep it because its a primary stat) but I think a combination of 2 of these secondary options could make the other classes better and in some cases help tackle the limitations certain classes have.

Whoever is in charge of making the talismans should not look at how to make templars weaker (outside of having better talismans for all the other classes) but instead how to make other classes better at what they do.
    Last edited by ShadowAce; 10-05-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Tbh I dont like the current talismans anyways I would love to see other options like mobi/attack speed/crit/block rate/weapon attack/stun resistance/armour penetration depending on what the class needs. I mean having 300 str or 300 dex is nice yeah (and in most cases id keep it because its a primary stat) but I think a combination of 2 of these secondary options could make the other classes better and in some cases help tackle the limitations certain classes have.

Whoever is in charge of making the talismans should not look at how to make templars weaker (outside of having better talismans for all the other classes) but instead how to make other classes better at what they do.
    Sad thing is...the only reason a lot of classes need to be made "better at what they do" is because templars do it too much better. Mainly all the dps classes based around burst skills. Why bother if your 10 seconds of stud mode every 30/40 seconds is still less damage then blunt mastery allows templars to dish out 100% of the time they are attacking? Its pretty moronic to want to buff everything to match the most broken OP thing rather then just fix the broken OP thing so its in the same league as everything else.

But its pointless to argue. We haven't gotten a skill balance patch in how long now? It wouldn't surprise me if the game ends up getting shut down before we see a skill balance update.

On jin where everything is ****ed up id agree with you but I spent the last month playing a str defender (I got upg mace and use a shield) its really fun and that 10 seconds of "stud mode" was enough to kill anything from priests to full vit dinos. All defenders really need is some more attack speed and block and ofc the 3xx str/vit is going to increase the damage too thats a lot better than nothing. Stun resistance could be good for both defs and guards but I would still rather have more block so tanks can tank better in the world of 18-25k regular hits. (at least we got 300k+ hp now with war song box costume).

A skill patch is needed but not as desperately needed as you make it out to be. Every class has something they are good at and some unique ability that is useful in some pvp scenario. These talismans if done properly can be a push in the right direction by themselves. (Especially for the big 3 guards defs rangers), predators are good but more expensive than avengers makes them ****ty, warlocks are the only class that is in DIRE NEED of a skill patch. Giants are ok and the talismans will make them better but IIRC theres a problem with madness skill and theres not enough unique classes to snatch buffs on as a savage (yet )

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    On jin where everything is ****ed up id agree with you but I spent the last month playing a str defender (I got upg mace and use a shield) its really fun and that 10 seconds of "stud mode" was enough to kill anything from priests to full vit dinos. All defenders really need is some more attack speed and block and ofc the 3xx str/vit is going to increase the damage too thats a lot better than nothing. Stun resistance could be good for both defs and guards but I would still rather have more block so tanks can tank better in the world of 18-25k regular hits. (at least we got 300k+ hp now with war song box costume).

A skill patch is needed but not as desperately needed as you make it out to be. Every class has something they are good at and some unique ability that is useful in some pvp scenario. These talismans if done properly can be a push in the right direction by themselves. (Especially for the big 3 guards defs rangers), predators are good but more expensive than avengers makes them ****ty, warlocks are the only class that is in DIRE NEED of a skill patch. Giants are ok and the talismans will make them better but IIRC theres a problem with madness skill and theres not enough unique classes to snatch buffs on as a savage (yet )
    Problem is only ones doing those 18-25k regulars is templars.

You say you want more tankiness...considering templars are the most played and the highest dps class...fixing blunt mastery automatically makes everyone more tanky by default as the damage ceiling just got lowered.

You say str defenders should get more attack speed. Well you just said your 10 second burst on a str defender is killing full vit toons. That's already enough damage...why do you want more? If your killing full vit toons in 10 seconds or less...wouldn't more damage just mean your going to be killing non-full vit toons in 3 seconds or less? Wouldn't that just make str defenders OP? Oh wait...you want more because they do useless damage compared to blunt mastery still.

As soon as you get over the idea that everything is broken but blunt mastery...when in fact blunt mastery is the most broken thing...you'll realize...everything else doesn't need fixed...fix blunt mastery and a lot of other things that don't get much play anymore are already in a decent place as far as balance goes.

And no...not every class has something they are good or unique at. When templars do so much damage...that means all the other dps classes SUCK AT DAMAGE. But the reality of it...even though they might have relatively balanced damage...they suck compared to broken blunt mastery damage. Even with your str defender example...what's the difference between a str defender and templar. Str defender = more cc/blue drain, templar = heals/debuff/reflect. Then it clicks in...when you take the dps disparity into account...who the heck really cares about the extra cc/blue drain when templars just have them dead? The only thing good/unique about a str defender gets made totally irrelevant by ridiculous blunt mastery dps...and that's the case with too many builds right now.

GM's:hi sir, we have an idea for make the class more balanced between races.
    YNK/PWI Boss: they gonna pay for it?
    GM's: i don't think so....but
    YNK/PWI Boss: WHAT!? no money for ME?!
    GM's:well, sir we think we can...
    YNK/PWI Boss: Shut up, I have an idea, what do u think of SUPER SKILL DEFESE ? eh eh it's a good idea right? DDDDD
    this is the way I see this things. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    Problem is only ones doing those 18-25k regulars is templars.

You say you want more tankiness...considering templars are the most played and the highest dps class...fixing blunt mastery automatically makes everyone more tanky by default as the damage ceiling just got lowered.

You say str defenders should get more attack speed. Well you just said your 10 second burst on a str defender is killing full vit toons. That's already enough damage...why do you want more? If your killing full vit toons in 10 seconds or less...wouldn't more damage just mean your going to be killing non-full vit toons in 3 seconds or less? Wouldn't that just make str defenders OP? Oh wait...you want more because they do useless damage compared to blunt mastery still.

As soon as you get over the idea that everything is broken but blunt mastery...when in fact blunt mastery is the most broken thing...you'll realize...everything else doesn't need fixed...fix blunt mastery and a lot of other things that don't get much play anymore are already in a decent place as far as balance goes.

And no...not every class has something they are good or unique at. When templars do so much damage...that means all the other dps classes SUCK AT DAMAGE. But the reality of it...even though they might have relatively balanced damage...they suck compared to broken blunt mastery damage. Even with your str defender example...what's the difference between a str defender and templar. Str defender = more cc/blue drain, templar = heals/debuff/reflect. Then it clicks in...when you take the dps disparity into account...who the heck really cares about the extra cc/blue drain when templars just have them dead? The only thing good/unique about a str defender gets made totally irrelevant by ridiculous blunt mastery dps...and that's the case with too many builds right now.
    the only reason what u see defenders is for the Empower and yes for templar's how pet bag's folliwing them..