+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why am i not surprised

we tried telling you morons....oh, excuse me, i meant GM's, that your prices were ridiculous. you blew it! iRohan is offically fuсked.
    Long Live Rohan!

The operators of these servers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(1) They have a system with staff, licensing and ISP overheads to pay for, plus they need to show a corporate profit. They aren't a private server that can get away with a bare minimum of income for a while. No PWI is a full blown business and it needs to operate on the plus side of zero to stay in business.

(2) The other side of this is that they have a low population. That means there aren't many folks they can use as a money source. They have to charge those few people outrageous prices in order to bring in enough money to sustain (1).

(3) In order to reduce prices they have to attract more long term, paying customers. It is really tough to do that when the prices are so high and there are so few long-term folks playing. People join, try it out for a while, see what effect it is having on their wallet, then leave. Nobody stays around except those that have enough liquid cash available to sustain their gameplay here and are too committed with virtual expenditures to justify leaving.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

i dnt think the prices are that bad but i do hate spending like 1.3k rps just to get 20% alm scrolls >.<

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    The operators of these servers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(1) They have a system with staff, licensing and ISP overheads to pay for, plus they need to show a corporate profit. They aren't a private server that can get away with a bare minimum of income for a while. No PWI is a full blown business and it needs to operate on the plus side of zero to stay in business.

(2) The other side of this is that they have a low population. That means there aren't many folks they can use as a money source. They have to charge those few people outrageous prices in order to bring in enough money to sustain (1).

(3) In order to reduce prices they have to attract more long term, paying customers. It is really tough to do that when the prices are so high and there are so few long-term folks playing. People join, try it out for a while, see what effect it is having on their wallet, then leave. Nobody stays around except those that have enough liquid cash available to sustain their gameplay here and are too committed with virtual expenditures to justify leaving.
    you put a good argument forth, but your logic is flawed and works only in your imagination. the same could be said of YNK. reduced prices would not mean less income for the company. actually, it would make it funner for the players who are still willing to keep this boat floating despite its shіtty quality of play, which would mean increased income. if you had read the ISEN server suggestions thread, youd know this because it was clearly articulated by several people and not just myself. cheaper prices allows players to afford more than one fully equipped character = more fun for the players. the people who truly love this game wont stop spending the amounts theyre already paying, theyll still pay, but for more than just one character.

TLDR = p2w
    Long Live Rohan!

Agreed that cheaper prices is the way to go.

Perhaps you can suggest to PWI exactly how they can afford to lower prices when the costs to run this game are so high and there are so few players. And where is the money supposed to come from? You think they run this server for free? And the guys like Atzigan is doing this as volunteers? How many people you think is left here? 100? 200? How many of them are actually donating more than the bare minimum to get along with their characters? I would totally shocked if these guys are not running in the red as it is and using the other games they are hosting here to keep it afloat.

Yet you want then to reduce prices.

If you don't think it costs big money to run these servers, I suggest you try creating your own Rohan pserver and see for yourself what kind of costs are involved in keeping it running for more than a month of two. Even a pserver isn't cheap top run. I think you would find you have a pretty tough time keeping that server open even with the population here - and you wouldn't have a tenth of the operating overhead these guys have.

But hey. You know better don't you.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Agreed that cheaper prices is the way to go.

Perhaps you can suggest to PWI exactly how they can afford to lower prices when the costs to run this game are so high and there are so few players. And where is the money supposed to come from? You think they run this server for free? And the guys like Atzigan is doing this as volunteers? How many people you think is left here? 100? 200? How many of them are actually donating more than the bare minimum to get along with their characters? I would totally shocked if these guys are not running in the red as it is and using the other games they are hosting here to keep it afloat.

Yet you want then to reduce prices.

If you don't think it costs big money to run these servers, I suggest you try creating your own Rohan pserver and see for yourself what kind of costs are involved in keeping it running for more than a month of two. Even a pserver isn't cheap top run. I think you would find you have a pretty tough time keeping that server open even with the population here - and you wouldn't have a tenth of the operating overhead these guys have.

But hey. You know better don't you.
    your answer is they blew it. had they lowered prices back when ISEN was started and it was very much full of players, it would have worked
    Long Live Rohan!

You do realize 80% of Isen's players even back then was existing players from RanJin, right? The illusion of all those players in Isen was just that. An illusion. All you saw was everybody suspending what they were doing in the other two servers to check out Isen to see if it was any better. Most of them went *meh!* and returned to their seasoned characters on RanJin.

Thing is Isen was supposed to be a crone-driven server with *ehrm* no need for IM purchases. We all know how that little scheme turned out.
    Lowering prices would not have changed the fact that Isen is just another Ran or Jin with every bit as much dependence on its IM as the other two servers. And since there is no real 'net' improvement in playership, I can't see prices improving.

So again, where can PWI afford to drop prices? In order for them to be able to do that they need 2-3x the nunber of players in all 3 servers combined. They didn't get that when Isen opened. They don't have that now. And while I know of a few people coming back to check things out, I doubt very much many of them will stay much past December

You do realize 80% of Isen's players even back then was existing players from RanJin, right? The illusion of all those players in Isen was just that. An illusion. All you saw was everybody suspending what they were doing in the other two servers to check out Isen to see if it was any better. Most of them went *meh!* and returned to their seasoned characters on RanJin.

Thing is Isen was supposed to be a crone-driven server with *ehrm* no need for IM purchases. We all know how that little scheme turned out.
    Lowering prices would not have changed the fact that Isen is just another Ran or Jin with every bit as much dependence on its IM as the other two servers. And since there is no real 'net' improvement in playership, I can't see prices improving.

So again, where can PWI afford to drop prices? In order for them to be able to do that they need 2-3x the nunber of players in all 3 servers combined. They didn't get that when Isen opened. They don't have that now. And while I know of a few people coming back to check things out, I doubt very much many of them will stay much past December
    the other two servers were fuсked from the beginning because they were both linked together. you make a small adjustment to one and it threw the other off balance. are you s-s-s-stupid? did you think i thought everybody stayed in ran/jin? and apparently you dont understand what ive already stated. they should have done the price adjustments back when ISEN was still fresh. youre not thinking outside of your little box just because prices go down doesnt mean overall income goes down. this economy is a hell of a lot more dynamic than youre able to comprehend. did you take the Exchange Market taxes into consideration? im done with your retarded ass. have a nice day.
    Last edited by littledevall; 10-15-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Long Live Rohan!

Quote Originally Posted by littledevall View Post
    the other two servers were fuсked from the beginning because they were both linked together. you make a small adjustment to one and it threw the other off balance. are you s-s-s-stupid? did you think i thought everybody stayed in ran/jin? and apparently you dont understand what ive already stated. they should have done the price adjustments back when ISEN was still fresh. youre not thinking outside of your little box just because prices go down doesnt mean overall income goes down. this economy is a hell of a lot more dynamic than youre able to comprehend. did you take the Exchange Market taxes into consideration? im done with your retarded ass. have a nice day.
    Looks like somebody pissed in your cornflakes. Go run run along now and fire up your own pserver. When you have experienced for yourself what it takes to run even a pserver, tell us all your experience with it. Until you have, you don't have a clue about what dynamics are needed to run a f2p game.

Have fun!

Looks like somebody pissed in your cornflakes. Go run run along now and fire up your own pserver. When you have experienced for yourself what it takes to run even a pserver, tell us all your experience with it. Until you have, you don't have a clue about what dynamics are needed to run a f2p game.

Have fun!
    meh, you go open your own pserver and tell us what its like

im not pissed and i apologize for being as blunt as i was, but im soooooooooooooooooooooo done with this POS game. keep suggesting that i open a pserver! i could care less about doing that and i could care even less about chatting with you or any of the scumbags that inhabit this atrocious community.....if you can call it a community...

shove it up your ass!
    Last edited by littledevall; 10-16-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Long Live Rohan!