+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what if?

Soo if they release all hackers and abusers why my 5acounts r still banned? ;o they fixed rohanopolly now right? so unban my accounts xD

Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    if Gm's decide to hop on here:

DISCLAIMER: This thread never had the intention to discuss whether or not the statements made by Atzigan were good or bad. it's mere intention was to start a discussion on how Game masters can tell if we are account sharing.

PS: On a friendly note: You should ask your web/forum developers to put the forums in a 16rem width container, I think it would look much better.
    We are able to yes. not only the IPs determine if you are account sharing, that is just but the start of the investigation.
    And most of the time, the "account sharing" investigations go along with all the information we gather from the accounts actions.

The account sharing bans mostly happen due to the account being compromised in any way.
    We all know, in any game, there is a vast majority of players that account share with their friends or family but are never compromised and out of the banning radar due to those accounts not raising any red flags.
    We and any other company do not encourage account sharing and make it one of our rules in the ToS as a precaution to avoid compromised accounts and players agree to keep their accounts personal once they create an account.
    You are practically giving permission to the person you account share with to take, delete, drop, trade any item you currently hold.
    It is your sole responsibility to protect your account and the owner alone is held responsible for his characters being deleted, items being transferred etc.

In any company you play games at, you will not be banned for sharing your account with your friends, family etc. But if one of your friends decide to do something to your account out of resentment, hatred or you broke up with your
    girlfriend and as revenge she deleted all your items, you send us the "I've been hacked" email and we can verify what your account did and the proper procedures are held. We normally just deny your restoration unless something
    game breaking has been done within your account and the ban hammer appears to make justice as we hold your responsible for what has been done within your account.

This does not mean you can account share, it only means, that if you want to do it for A or B reasons, you have to make sure that you understand our Terms of Service and you must be aware that any illegal activities or items deleted, traded, shared within your account are your own responsibility and your account can be sanctioned accordingly.

Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by chupachupss View Post
    Well, the gm said they were banned because people were not able to get into the "indo upper" by normal playing, so yeah they should use any program to look into the test maps on the game. So if you still trust the "judgement of the gm" its like send letters to santa hoping for gifts, actually, those gms that really did their job or care about players are not even here anymore, euthen, summers, verenbaen, adelaine, gm's that were in touch with players and take care of them as costumers not as a money pocket.
    I'm not saying the others gm's are bad, but they could their job a little better ofc.
    Just as example, my EM is bugged since more than 1 month ago(stuff unsealed, stuff disappeared), at that time I sent ticket, the gm restored my items, 2 or 3 weeks ago I unseal up to 30 items(ses, stones for wep, glacial parts) again nothing in game, I sent a ticket and the gm sent my problem tho the dev team, I asked for restore my items without answer about it. So hell yea my em still bug and all my stuff is gone ¬¬.
    Send a ticket share the Ticket ID with me or mention me in the ticket so they notify me and I'll make sure your case is processed as soon as possible.

Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    He said most, not all. There's always the odd % of users that actually do get hacked but are never detected as such. There never is a waterproof system, if it was then global internet crimes would be solved fairly easy.

That aside, I've been playing mmorpg's for over a decade and I've never been 'hacked'. The chances I ever get scammed are also very low - because I hardly ever hand out my pw's to anyone, with exception of maybe 1 or 2 persons over the same timeperiod.
    If I already get scammed, it's my own bloody fault for actually handing out that info.

People needn't to confuse hacking with scamming.

Also: stop clicking fishy links people, for god's sake. This is 2014 and people still get lured into phishing links.
    I second the last sentence ^.

If you are in the exchange market and you fill the h*t**t*p*c*l*ick*here*because*reasons*dot*p*h with http://clickhere-because-reasons.ph to see the "screenshots" then...your account of course will get possibly compromised!!
    Even tinyurl is fishy, most internet users, use imgur and the link is normally as simple as http://imgur.com/gallery/BeM1qZm. However we have disabled all direct links in our exchange market as a precaution to phishing links.

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    Send a ticket share the Ticket ID with me or mention me in the ticket so they notify me and I'll make sure your case is processed as soon as possible.
    View Ticket: #213095

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    We are able to yes. not only the IPs determine if you are account sharing, that is just but the start of the investigation.
    And most of the time, the "account sharing" investigations go along with all the information we gather from the accounts actions.

The account sharing bans mostly happen due to the account being compromised in any way.
    We all know, in any game, there is a vast majority of players that account share with their friends or family but are never compromised and out of the banning radar due to those accounts not raising any red flags.
    We and any other company do not encourage account sharing and make it one of our rules in the ToS as a precaution to avoid compromised accounts and players agree to keep their accounts personal once they create an account.
    You are practically giving permission to the person you account share with to take, delete, drop, trade any item you currently hold.
    It is your sole responsibility to protect your account and the owner alone is held responsible for his characters being deleted, items being transferred etc.

In any company you play games at, you will not be banned for sharing your account with your friends, family etc. But if one of your friends decide to do something to your account out of resentment, hatred or you broke up with your
    girlfriend and as revenge she deleted all your items, you send us the "I've been hacked" email and we can verify what your account did and the proper procedures are held. We normally just deny your restoration unless something
    game breaking has been done within your account and the ban hammer appears to make justice as we hold your responsible for what has been done within your account.

This does not mean you can account share, it only means, that if you want to do it for A or B reasons, you have to make sure that you understand our Terms of Service and you must be aware that any illegal activities or items deleted, traded, shared within your account are your own responsibility and your account can be sanctioned accordingly.
    While account sharing is generally frowned upon, there is one area that it is pretty much mandatory and unavoidable. And I am not talking about close friends or family here, I mean general account sharing between people that may not even know each other very well. And that is Guild Management.

Rohan is a very good game for organizing people into guilds for many reasons - heavy pvp, to support farming, to ease character development are just a few of the main ones.

What Rohan is very bad at is guild management. Rohan does not provide 'legal' ways to share guild management responsibilities. Nor does it provide a way to transfer guild ownership to another player/character. I have seen large guilds in Rohan with 200-300 or more players (those days are long gone, but neway). When guilds get that big, they draw players from all around the world and demand 24/7 guild management. Being a guild master inn a guild that big, or even one that has 'only' 50 members, requires a lot of guild management attention.

Now I doubt there is a single player in this game that comes even close to playing this game 24/7, and guild masters (lower case gms) are people who actually have to live real lives at some point.

In order to accommodate real life, these gms have no choice but to trust their core guild mates with their gm account so they can pop guild buffs, register and execute tsbs and do the needful gm tasks when the gm is not available. The gm may not necessarily know that those core people well, but they have no choice but to either trust them with the gm accout or see the guild become full of slackers, botters and non-factors.

I personally would like to see the following things happen in the name of account security:

1. Ability to assign guild master-level privileges to another guild member (preferably a commander)
    2. Ability to transfer official guild master of a guild to another guild member if the guild master wishes to resign without disbanding the guild.

It doesn't look like much. The 1st one I think would require a not of work to make happen. The second is something I can do myself so I know it is possible as a (let's sweeten the pot with some honey -- chargeable?) service from the web.

I'm just throwing that last bit out there. I doubt very doubt it will be looked at due to the low populations of these servers, but who knows. Lightning could strike me or I could win a lottery too.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.