+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what if?

what if?

Quote Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
    - Most of the players reporting other players, are previous "friends" who had access to their "friends" account, so please be aware that we do not issue restorations to accounts shared by different IPs, so if you are account sharing and you lose some items, you are not eligible for restorations. And if you are currently account sharing, make sure to change your password, most of the "hacking" incidents we get are due to "account sharing". We can differentiate from account sharing and actual hacking.
    what if you logged in from a hotel room several times, or from a relative's house?
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

...Or if you just happen to be privacy-conscious like me and use a VPN to connect to anything?
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 10-01-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    No, you can't differentiate from "account sharing" and hacking. I used to log on my accounts on two computers and two different internet connections. One was a wifi hotspot with dynamic IP and 2nd one a static IP adress from DSL line.

Yet, no one else than me logged the accounts.

gm are stupid and brainless. dont argue with them

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadam View Post
    This is some of the stupidest bull**** I've read in a while. Whether or not was the "status bug" server-side related or a third party software, the fact remains those whom you unbanned knowingly abused it gaining a significant advantage over others instead of actually reporting said bug...Until Verenbaen popped out with an announcment that said users who abused it are PERMA banned and that it won't be looked over again, yet you're here releasing these douchebags.

Also you forgot a point, and a very significant one, there's some of which you released were using modified items i.e. indo items.
    JohnnyBravo is a prime example. The guy used to stash his modified gears somewhere though, until verenbaen caught him while being equipped with it. Since you haven't found a way to detect hacks, and probably never will, there's a 100% boost to success rates program on Isen, go figure. But you seem to think that releasing dupers would actually be lucrative to you when in fact all the legit players who are paying your paycheck would just quit and have it left for the hackers then. Common sense fail.
    The point is that those players abused a bug and players abuse bugs every single day (getting in/out of a seal square is used probably 100+ times a day for example). The game has bugs until those bugs are fixed people can abuse them at their own risk. All he is saying is that abusing those bugs does not warrant a ban (free ash and indo upper). He goes on to say that people who use THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE (han's item creator, rohanbot etc.) to gain an unfair advantage warrant a permanent ban.

He is forgiving of the bug abuse because it takes a LONG time to get them fixed (game updates come from korea need to be localized etc.) For example bugs like glitching through seal, glitching through walls, pulling mobs through walls (happens a lot more often than you think) is a problem with the game engine rohan is made on. And they simply can not be fixed until playwith shells out a LOT of money to build a new game engine which probably wont happen.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

if Gm's decide to hop on here:

DISCLAIMER: This thread never had the intention to discuss whether or not the statements made by Atzigan were good or bad. it's mere intention was to start a discussion on how Game masters can tell if we are account sharing.

PS: On a friendly note: You should ask your web/forum developers to put the forums in a 16rem width container, I think it would look much better.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    He said most, not all. There's always the odd % of users that actually do get hacked but are never detected as such. There never is a waterproof system, if it was then global internet crimes would be solved fairly easy.

That aside, I've been playing mmorpg's for over a decade and I've never been 'hacked'. The chances I ever get scammed are also very low - because I hardly ever hand out my pw's to anyone, with exception of maybe 1 or 2 persons over the same timeperiod.
    If I already get scammed, it's my own bloody fault for actually handing out that info.

People needn't to confuse hacking with scamming.

Also: stop clicking fishy links people, for god's sake. This is 2014 and people still get lured into phishing links.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Lol....simple ingame bugs that have been around ever since. We're talking about genuine + advantageous bug abuse...learn the difference. Besides the fact that they were announced as perma banned users.
    What the indo upper? their chars were rolled back were they not?

all that he said is people who abuse bugs that we cant fixed cant be banned where as people who use THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE deserve to be permanently banned. Why does it concern you that these people are banned investigations were conducted and they were unbanned if you cant trust the judgement of the GM then go play another game.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

This is some of the stupidest bull**** I've read in a while. Whether or not was the "status bug" server-side related or a third party software, the fact remains those whom you unbanned knowingly abused it gaining a significant advantage over others instead of actually reporting said bug...Until Verenbaen popped out with an announcment that said users who abused it are PERMA banned and that it won't be looked over again, yet you're here releasing these douchebags.

Also you forgot a point, and a very significant one, there's some of which you released were using modified items i.e. indo items.
    JohnnyBravo is a prime example. The guy used to stash his modified gears somewhere though, until verenbaen caught him while being equipped with it. Since you haven't found a way to detect hacks, and probably never will, there's a 100% boost to success rates program on Isen, go figure. But you seem to think that releasing dupers would actually be lucrative to you when in fact all the legit players who are paying your paycheck would just quit and have it left for the hackers then. Common sense fail.
    Do you play on these servers?

If yes, why? If you disagree with the way PWI runs their game servers so vehemently, why do you continue to play on them?

There is a far more effective solution to making your feelings felt to PWI than simply ranting in forums. Just stop logging in your accounts and buying their virtual currency.
    I think they will get the message pretty quick if their cash cows stops producing its green milk.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    What the indo upper? their chars were rolled back were they not?

all that he said is people who abuse bugs that we cant fixed cant be banned where as people who use THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE deserve to be permanently banned. Why does it concern you that these people are banned investigations were conducted and they were unbanned if you cant trust the judgement of the GM then go play another game.
    Well, the gm said they were banned because people were not able to get into the "indo upper" by normal playing, so yeah they should use any program to look into the test maps on the game. So if you still trust the "judgement of the gm" its like send letters to santa hoping for gifts, actually, those gms that really did their job or care about players are not even here anymore, euthen, summers, verenbaen, adelaine, gm's that were in touch with players and take care of them as costumers not as a money pocket.
    I'm not saying the others gm's are bad, but they could their job a little better ofc.
    Just as example, my EM is bugged since more than 1 month ago(stuff unsealed, stuff disappeared), at that time I sent ticket, the gm restored my items, 2 or 3 weeks ago I unseal up to 30 items(ses, stones for wep, glacial parts) again nothing in game, I sent a ticket and the gm sent my problem tho the dev team, I asked for restore my items without answer about it. So hell yea my em still bug and all my stuff is gone ¬¬.