+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I lol'd.

all you guys have to do is take away Skill Resistance and Mareas Battle and the game is balanced
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

When dekans can 1 shot templars this game will not have any problems but you guys keep helping temps by giving them resistance to DFFS and making DFFS cooldown longer

GM WalkingDead retired

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdeadnyc View Post
    When dekans can 1 shot templars this game will not have any problems but you guys keep helping temps by giving them resistance to DFFS and making DFFS cooldown longer
    so basically for you it really matters if ppl get 1 or 2 shotted from templar´s aoe instead of get 1shotted by fishies wffs/dffs?
    Camora
    Superiors

IIvodkaII
    (i) Made Str Dhan great again
    - retired on Isen -

WhyMee
    Famous

I've been here killing it
    Longer than you've been alive, you idiot

Frankly when one class can one-shot another reasonably geared & stat-ed class, there is a serious problem with the game's balance. A dekan should never, under any circumstances, be able to throw out a 70k dffs (and I have seen a vid of a vit dekan with over 300k HP running around dffsing over 100k REGULAR -- abso-f***ing-lutely stupid in the extreme). Ever. A temp should never be able to hit someone 15-20k even with a crit. Ever. A dhan should never be able to DPP someone 60-70K. Ever. Not when HP runs 60K average.

When a game allows this kind of damage vs HP, the game is irreparably broken.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    No mate, the opposite is the case. If you press one button and something dies, that's broken as ****, period. By your logic, you would give everybody 500,000 damage and call the game balanced because everyone can kill one another. That's retarded, and it doesn't add to the game's playability at all. Most of us seasoned players, who grew up with Zeitgeist Hearts and Silva Feathers know how rich the game was back then. Sure Giants sucked, as did Warlocks and Scouts; Str Dekans and Predators were also underwhelming, but all that had to be done - back then - would have been a minor damage bonus for these classes or some skills retweaked to work better in PvP, and the game would've been nicely balanced.

Gift only wants to 1 shot lvl 56 temps at akhma.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Yes let's have 14 different classes but only 2 of those are actually usable. Look on the bright side, better than just having 1 though eh?

before skill resistance pvp was balanced...... the mighty Latvala vs 10 people by himself.............. now those days are gone as the Mighty T-Rex has retired

GM WalkingDead retired

If there was no skill resistance at least you could combat the templar..... now you cant do anything so which is better?

GM WalkingDead retired

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    If there was no skill resistance at least you could combat the templar..... now you cant do anything so which is better?
    Neither of which I left the game because YNK broke the final straw and it made no sense to continue playing. Almost every revision to the game made it worse, almost every addition did too, so I always like to go back to the (good) old days when trying to find a way to balance things out. Because back then, as Ishtaria put it, there were at least 9 classes playable, just 1 overpowered and many classes offered ways to give it personal note to the character(going 3x:1vit or 3.5x:1vit etc.; you get the idea), so you had like 30-40 viable builts to go after; and I'm being quite conservative here. Nowadays, it's "I go Full X" because that's the only way you get decent results. At all. And that's what's been lost to the game as early as 51s were put into the game, I don't even need to go past that really. When I last played, we had
    Full Int Temp
    Full Vit Def
    Full Vit Priest
    Full Vit Dekan
    Full Vit Wizard

You can sugar coat it all you want, but that's the sad truth about the state of the game in 2011 when I left.