+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Banned
    In DG rohan DarkestKiller walked away from the project taking from what I can bet all the money people "donated" which im willing to bet is a lot. The point I quit that server was when some dekan ran in and wffs me and my pt for 500k dmg. I was like oh how cute things that the people moderating the server said would never get passed out are being passed out. YAY GM rings....

Among other p-servers. They really are all the same and most the people running them would never actually make it working on a project like this if they were in the same building doing it. While some of them might have some legit talent. Its vastly the problem of many of these fly by night servers simply want to make a quick buck. They promise changes, 5x higher drop rates 5x higher exp rates 5x higher forging/ refine and they promise "more balance than official" until people with database access wanna make a cut of the pie and start selling gm rings and shit like that.

Then these servers are gone in a few months because they never really had the infrastructure to last longer than that. They didnt have a team of PAID dedicated workers who were working on the game as if it were a real job. In many cases they didnt have good active communication, as well as communication for what they wanted down to the exact detail. So they would tell people to do something. They would do it, then be told that its wrong even tho its as close to what they wanted as it could be.

So what am I really saying here?

Playing on p-servers is vastly stupid and pointless. Especially if you get baited by the ability to be "top dogs" on a server. So you spend all dat money to level up. You get those beast items, those boss drops. You run the server....... and its gone. GJ all that money you and your core spent is just given away to the p-server. More than likely itll be back up with a different name in a few months with the majority of the same people running it under a new llc name. They will offer even better stuff and bait you in. Some times they will even donate money to people to be front runners to the game that have a pretty good reputation.

In DG all donations went to Darkest. He wasn't paying devs or gms. His devs left and he walked away and let his server to rot with the indo hackers that had a field day.

But yes, pservers just don't have the infrastructure or discipline to be 'corporate'. PWI does. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Being 'corporate' is a good thing since it means that everything is above board and with that comes longevity. The game will not go anywhere and staff has a strict code of conduct they must maintain or they are gone (how many GMs have we seen fired because they did not behave appropriately?). You won't see them handing out 'test rings' with 10000 all stats.

There is a downside to that though. A corporate infrastructure is damn expensive to maintain. The money has to come from somewhere. You all do that when you buy your RPs and you will spend a LOT here. Sorry, but if you want permanence and staff professionalism, that is what it will cost you. "Free to Play" is an illusion. This is a "Pay to Play" game. No l;et me rephrase that. It is a "Pay to Win" game because you can play for free - but you will suck. Hard. If you want to win, you have to buy the powerups and premium gear to compete.

If you don't like paying large amounts of money in a game, sure to play a pserver. Just realize that it will be gone as soon as the owners either get bored with it or the internal staff gets into a snit and walks away (or worse trashes the server).

I have actually stopped deving on them. Why? I'm bored to death with Rohan as a game. There hasn't been anything really new in this game for years. Maybe Trinity will rekindle a little interest for me - i'll have to see when it gets here - but at this point I can't even bother starting up a test server VM and farting around in it (and yes, I do have an ungeared lvl 115+10 temp in ran - i aint saying what its ign is). ZZZZzzzzz.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

It's either unreliable quality or reliable mediocrity