+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post

The fact that Ran is a 100% unbalanced .

Don't hurt iceys feelings.
    Last edited by Bledos; 09-20-2014 at 12:23 PM.

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    I personally do consider full vit tanks getting 2 shotted way more unbalanced, but I haven't played in a long while so yeah.

I would say Ran is 3 times more balanced than other servers,
    but 3 * 0 is still 0
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

Banned
    People always been on that balance bs fo realz. This is op, thats op. Q_Q gear.

Seriously people, things in life are not fair. This game isnt fair. Know what is fair? People all have the opportunity to play, pay, or not. inb4yourbroke Just because someone is financially better off than you are doesnt give you the reason to cry about it. Prolly the same hatin ass when you see someone drive by ya in a fancy car and ur rockin a 20yr old pos car. You know who you are you see them pass you, and your sittin there just hatin cause you would rather hate than improve your situation.

Listen kid, workin mcdonnalds is cool for a high school kid to help pay for the **** they want when they in school. But a grown ass person dont work for less than 18$ an hr. If you are you need to reconsider your life and where you fked up. Cause people dont "luck" into high payin jobs. You put your nose to the grind stone and make it to where ya wanna be. If ya cant ... stop bein a hator.

Side note for Mark. People wanna talk **** on official rohan. Sure but all I see from p-servers are people making quick bank in 2-3months then claim PWI/YNK shut them down after they run off with all peoples money. DGP rohan did that, and so did several other p-servers I played on. Up for 5 months max then gone with a bull**** "YNK issued us a cease and desist" bull****. YNK doesnt rightly give a **** about your lil **** server, and if you wanna talk balance. Lets talk items people get from "knowing" gms I seen a few people runnin round with some pretty insane ass gm rings on DGP. Just sayin... if ya wanna talk balance check yo p-servers for the bull**** they on first.

How to beat Tiesto, get a level 62 dhan, make suicide level 6 and best of luck.
    Easy.
    This game isn't p2w if you can play by using your brain
    Do not get in my way swine! The crows will pick at your flesh!
    Lucas wannabe.

im not excited about merge. you guys seem boring. snooze fest
    *You shall never be forgotten*- Victims of gun violence

So nice to see the reflect Edwin still being used <3

Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    People always been on that balance bs fo realz. This is op, thats op. Q_Q gear.

Seriously people, things in life are not fair. This game isnt fair. Know what is fair? People all have the opportunity to play, pay, or not. inb4yourbroke Just because someone is financially better off than you are doesnt give you the reason to cry about it. Prolly the same hatin ass when you see someone drive by ya in a fancy car and ur rockin a 20yr old pos car. You know who you are you see them pass you, and your sittin there just hatin cause you would rather hate than improve your situation.

Listen kid, workin mcdonnalds is cool for a high school kid to help pay for the **** they want when they in school. But a grown ass person dont work for less than 18$ an hr. If you are you need to reconsider your life and where you fked up. Cause people dont "luck" into high payin jobs. You put your nose to the grind stone and make it to where ya wanna be. If ya cant ... stop bein a hator.

Side note for Mark. People wanna talk **** on official rohan. Sure but all I see from p-servers are people making quick bank in 2-3months then claim PWI/YNK shut them down after they run off with all peoples money. DGP rohan did that, and so did several other p-servers I played on. Up for 5 months max then gone with a bull**** "YNK issued us a cease and desist" bull****. YNK doesnt rightly give a **** about your lil **** server, and if you wanna talk balance. Lets talk items people get from "knowing" gms I seen a few people runnin round with some pretty insane ass gm rings on DGP. Just sayin... if ya wanna talk balance check yo p-servers for the bull**** they on first.
    I don't get out of bed for anything less than $22.90 an hour and my ass is still growing.

You don't have to tell me or Mark how ****ed up pservers are right now. Anything currently open is a waste of time but all the indos play them like brainless lemmings because... well that's what they are. Not sure what you're saying about DG though.

Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    In most of them you are absolutely right. They are in it for the quick buck and haven't a clue how to balance or run a private server for the long term. However i have seen some of the DMCA takedowns that Steve Lee pushed out there. I've seen the pserver facebook pages closed down by FB simply because PWI complained about it linking to a pserver. I've seen pserver owners paypal accounts closed because PWI complained to them that these were selling virtual currency (donation points) for a pserver.

Do I blame PWI for any of that? Not at all! I spent 30 years developing software in the corporate software world. I understand PWI thinks pservers are taking business away from here (they are not really). I understand that every pserver running out there today is doing so using (really old) leaked PWI code and they don't want these pservers using it without a license. It is their IP.

Personally if I thought there was any future left to this game I would approach PWI myself about franchise opportunities and development resource & design co-development proposals.

Do I think that if every single Rohan pserver in existence were closed (and stayed closed) that all those players would come back here? About 10% of them might come back here for about a week then leave again when they remember why it was they left in the first place and see how much worse it has gotten as time passed. The people out there playing on pservers absolutely hate PWI and the way they run their game.

I do know what happened with DGz. I was there and was right in the middle of it trying to hold **** together. PWI had nothing to do with its closure. It closed because the server owner turned his back and walked away right after his devs left. It was left to rot for about a year. The dupers and hackers had a ball. While DGz's owner could probably give his own account, he never gave me or any of the other guys that worked with him a reason why he did that.

I could give you stories about others as well Ion, Ion2, Xor, uRohan, zRohan, Vendetta... I know why they all closed. In 90% it was more form internal infighting than PWI shutting them down (no details forthcoming -- sorry).

You see iRohan (or as I like to call it 'offy' Rohan) has something no pserver has. A corporate structure. It has a payroll system. It has a management hierarchy. A pserver on the other had is just that. One or two guys get together, configure up a server and let people play on it. They collect donations to pay for running it. Most of them have no exchange market and a barely working item mall. They get free instant job changes and transported to places like upper & lower gratt. They get end game stuff handed to them and instantly boosted to 99 or 110 (because they are running on *old* server code) so they can pvp with their temps and DKs. There is no structure. No corporate commitment. No accounting department. But most of all PWI has that important license to run the game.

Is it any wonder pservers die as fast as they open? Not to me.

---- edit ---
    LOL Ish slipped in ahead of my tl;dr XD
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 12-19-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Pservers lack professionalism, none of them know how to communicate internal and external.
    Just read their boards and you know enough.

Knowing how-to-code/develop just isn't enough.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

thought I just said that --- in a whole lot more words...

in most cases server owners are not the server developers (there are exceptions). in post cases server owners hire and agree to pay people that know how to develop and manage their servers. it is the lack of binding professional contracts between server owners and the people they (loose term) 'hire' that causes disputes between them to end these servers. that end can be the staff simply saying 'im bored' and walking away up to and including outright extortion by greedy staff members... that lack of professionalism if you will.

That is the reality of private servers. It is not Steve Lee throwing around DMCA takedowns left & right - though that happens too. It is simply people that do not have a professional working relationships trying to do something ain a professional manner without having a clue how to do it. In short, it fails.

PWI does not have that problem. all their professional dealings are via binding legal contracts. that is something you will never see in any but a few (non-Rohan) private servers.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.