+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I do not see that hard, since 2008 and they could not fix anything are blind, and if they needed help only to look like other games with more seniority are succeeding, the formula is the same, the balance of the races, and listening to players
    Increase the bonus hp and vit giving weapons, armor, accessories and costumes
    Give increased participation to pets, everything is lion? more value to pets
    The main thing is to reduce the percentage of damage that give scrolles, all based on the IM effort Player does not count?
    Last edited by alucardtt; 09-11-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtt View Post
    I do not see that hard, since 2008 and they could not fix anything are blind, and if they needed help only to look like other games with more seniority are succeeding, the formula is the same, the balance of the races, and listening to players
    There is a LOT of seniority here seniority has nothing to do with success of the game as a whole. Its a p2w game problem that is too late to fix (IMO).
    Increase the bonus hp and vit giving weapons, armor, accessories and costumes
    to make dekans stronger? id rather have a lower max health pool and a lower % damage taken per attack than a higher health pool and a higher % damage taken per attack.
    Give increased participation to pets, everything is lion? more value to pets
    idk about you but the fox is the best pet ever its got nothing on the lion now. Royal dragon has niche uses in tb and hunting KOS and fairy is PVE pet the only pet thats underutilized is the unicorn but thats a block rate issue (its a separate instance) and a cast time reduction that doesnt work problem.
    The main thing is to reduce the percentage of damage that give scrolles, all based on the IM effort Player does not count?
    They cant remove items people already purchased and because of that the bar has to stay where it is (AKA: 30s stay on the IM all the time now). You need more DD if you want to balance all the items that make you hit harder.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Since Rohan has no solution, the only thing left to users who fight because this game succeed, wait until everyone is bored of the same and close.
    If you were born in Ran, Ran die because the GM lords it does not occur anything to help the oldest players rohan and that more money and time invested.
    Is very difficult to stop earning a little money to promote a game, find a solution because this situation really bored and cause trouble
    Last edited by alucardtt; 09-11-2014 at 08:27 PM.

There are solutions to many of the problems you see in the game the problem is those solutions have not been presented or have not been looked at by the right people. All we can do is hope that soon they get fixed 1 at a time.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Jin is not so easy to balance we kept on the path to stronger gear but didnt upgrade our DD/defense and thus people hit wayyyyyyy too hard it doesnt matter what class you are. How can you balance 6 years of stronger gear with the same DD you coulda got in the beta? you cant simple as that.
    But...we did get more dd with shiny stones, and we got skill defense that is another layer of protection...its not like defenses haven't improved at all...its just offensive growth outpaced defensive by way too much.

They could make Jin a ton better with very little effort if they just got rid of all offensive scrolls. The way it is now if you pop a 30% offensive scroll and someone else pops a 30% defensive scroll it ends up being a big net gain in damage per hit...which is exactly what Jin doesn't need. If they were smart they would try to use defensive scrolls to balance out all the offensively skewed OP stuff they added to the game, but instead all the current scrolls are doing is widening the gap between offense and defense.

At the same time scrolls are a good source of income and many players already have them. I would much rather see an increase in defense be delivered through new items.

One idea that has been bouncing in my head but again needs some number crunching is what would happen if we increased the pvp reduction? it would of course make it harder for weaker players to kill stronger players but if the gear we balance for is reasonably obtainable it could balance itself out.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    I don't think anything on Jin is a good source of income right now...don't know if you noticed but the server is dead. If they could make some adjustments to scrolls that makes the server much more playable, maybe they'd get a few people back. If I was running the show I'd rather players pop a defense and hp scroll and go pvp then they pop no scrolls, because they aren't logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Jin is not so easy to balance we kept on the path to stronger gear but didnt upgrade our DD/defense and thus people hit wayyyyyyy too hard it doesnt matter what class you are. How can you balance 6 years of stronger gear with the same DD you coulda got in the beta? you cant simple as that.
    The problem is Pure Attack and Heroic Power, you nub.

Forget about ever seeing Ran or Jin balanced. It is far to late for that to happen. Players have invested huge amounts of money into the game making their characters stronk in the current gameplay scheme of things. They will not tolerate having those rules all of a sudden changed on them.

I've seen what happens when you do mess with character balance that on private servers that already have an established player base. It gets ugly and the server depopulates in a big hurry! Ran and Jin has a player base that has been established over years, with rules that those players understand and invested in. Change it and things will get really ugly, really fast. Here is an example.

Merging Ran and Jin. While the folks playing Ran (*cough*Iceyy*cough*) would certainly have no issue it and would welcome the larger player base, the people playing in Jin are there because they don't want to play in a server that has Epic and Upgrade weapons. Ever.. What do you think will happen to jsut about every player currently playing in Jin if the servers merge? They will rage (hard), throw down their weapons and walk away. Every single one of them. They don't like Ran and there is a reason they are not playing there in the first place.

But let's assume Playwithi took Iceyy's advice and made upgrade weapons available for all. What class does most players here play? Temps, DKs and Avengers. Those 3 classes are seen as the top of the Rohan PvP food chain. At end game what is there left to do except PvP in this game? Farm? (Boring!)

What do you think would happen when those 3 classes stop being at the top of the pvp food chain? What do you think the folks that have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars building their chosen 'killer' temps, dks and dhans would do if Playwithi turned around and made Rangers, Warlocks and zerkers every bit as pvp 'killer' as those previous classes either by nerfing the top classes or strengthening the others? I have this feeling that of the people that stayed behind during the merge, Playwithi would lose another half (very conservative estimate) or more of them.

So let's look at the end result:

Current (hypothetical) population if Playwithi does nothing:
    Ran 100, Jin 100

Merged:
    RanJin 100

Balanced:
    RanJin: 50

I am not just throwing this last bit out there. I have played pservers where the owners tried this balancing while established populations were playing. Within a week after the balancing the population dropped by 70% and a month later the server was closed. It got real ugly, real fast.

The only way you can truly balance a server is to create that server balanced from the start.

Playwithi is trying to do that with Isen (for that attempt I will give them praise). It remains to be seen if they will be successful and it becomes profitable for them.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodybladez3 View Post
    The problem is Pure Attack and Heroic Power, you nub.
    While large contributors, they aren't the only reasons for unbalance. There are a lot of variables (i.e Templar double-dipping, ffs or crits not affected by DD, bugged skills, OP boss drops... the list goes on).

These are all things I could address on a new, unpopulated server, but it is not something that Playwithi can fix without major changes to the game engine mechanics and pissing off a lot of current players to the point of total depopulation.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 09-12-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.