+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: No Sense Play

and Twin Twin Twin i have 9x Harts hahah only work ashkena and asht nothing more rest Twins no ashkena or asht its fake same Harts i check all twins.
    Idk why GM use but its fake i check all twins and all HARTS why? why? MONEY more harts loose so more buy RPS
    nice try GM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by treintram View Post
    just remove the 30's alm and go back to the 10's and 20's :3
    But then you end up with templars double stacking attack scrolls, and auto crits on dhans turning into wtf one shot when they pop a melee and crit damage scroll. Meanwhile all the stat based builds get left behind because they don't really benefit from the %melee/range/magic scrolls at all. I just wouldn't point my finger at alm scrolls as the culprit when other ones are far more unbalanced.

The real answer isnt to nerf everything to keep up with temps and dhans the answer instead should be what changes to those classes/builds can you make to make them viable/flavor of the month material?

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    The real answer isnt to nerf everything to keep up with temps and dhans the answer instead should be what changes to those classes/builds can you make to make them viable/flavor of the month material?
    That's partially right. No single class should be a multi-purpose badass class. Damage dealers should not tank. Tanks should not be damage dealers. Support classes should be neither.

Damage dealers should cause damage. That is what they are for. Assassins, Rangers, Temps, Guardians, Warlocks are all damage dealers. Tanks should be able to take punishment and shield its team by drawing fire. That is what they are for and they should have high HP and defense to do just that. They should never be used as damage dealers since their skills are more suited to finishing battles only after an opponent has been warned down by the damagers. Support is there to help keep the damage dealers and tanks alive by providing healing of their team & weakness/confusion in the opposing team.

in this game people tend to forget these simple game mechanics. That said, people also play these classes as they should be played. However this dynamic balance gets broken by the game publishers in the following ways:

1. Damage dealers are being allowed to build themselves as tanks while still retaining their high damage properties.
    2. Tanks are being allowed to create huge amounts of damage while retaining their ability to be almost unkillable.
    3. Support classes have not kept up with the role boundary crossing of the other classes.

All of these things unbalance and destabilize the game. YNK/Playwith has allowed this to happen and it seems every time I pop in to take a look around it has only gotten worse instead of better. These are not things I would allow to happen on any game I have a hand in designing.

Every class has its role and it must be only as good in its role as the next class is in its role. Templars should not cause more damage than other DPS classes like avengers, guardians, zerkers, warlocks and rangers. Dekan sages should not cause more damage than a defender. Wizards, priests, predators, savages and scouts should all be equally good at their support specializations.

Nerfing isn't the be-all, end-all answer. Role equality and balance is.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Banned
    It wouldn't nerf anything, it would just get rid of the most unbalanced source of stat inflation in the game. But regardless...it would never happen, for obvious reasons. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin83 View Post
    But then you end up with templars double stacking attack scrolls, and auto crits on dhans turning into wtf one shot when they pop a melee and crit damage scroll. Meanwhile all the stat based builds get left behind because they don't really benefit from the %melee/range/magic scrolls at all. I just wouldn't point my finger at alm scrolls as the culprit when other ones are far more unbalanced.
    just remove the 30's alm and go back to the 10's and 20's :3
    If you took away all the Tropies, Talismen, 30% alms & 50%attack scrolls, all the stupid ass Costumes with + attack, absolutes, chimera earings, and eye's, remove the 500vit costumes.
    It would balance quite abit. Not entirely, but quite abit.
    Was ment to say it like this.

@PENGUIN HO: I dissagree, gw2 is almost perfectly balanced while you can heal, tank and dps at the same time.
    DarkPulse, Iceyy's Pimp.

No no that's wrong. You didn't misspell PENGUIN! Get it right
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Warlocks need some serious work like every damage skill has to be buffed out the ass to make int builds viable again.

One thing I was looking at is "mastery" buffs. Every class has one and only 3 classes have secondary effects (templars, priests and warlocks)

A secondary effect for each mastery buff could change a lot. I am a big defender fan one of the changes I was thinking was:

Blunt mastery: 20% attack speed increase at lvl 7 (they would swing just as fast as templars do)
    Bless Shield: 20% block rate & 15% stun resistance at lvl 7

Rest of the defender skills are just fine no more dual wielding but u get 15% stun resistance which is huge and an additional 20% if you are +10 (and the stun deals magic damage like marea's hammer or strike bash)

This also indirectly buffs dex guards who dont dual wield a buff to invoke could see dex guards making a comeback as well.

Need help? PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAce View Post
    Warlocks need some serious work like every damage skill has to be buffed out the ass to make int builds viable again.

One thing I was looking at is "mastery" buffs. Every class has one and only 3 classes have secondary effects (templars, priests and warlocks)

A secondary effect for each mastery buff could change a lot. I am a big defender fan one of the changes I was thinking was:

Blunt mastery: 20% attack speed increase at lvl 7 (they would swing just as fast as templars do)
    Bless Shield: 20% block rate & 15% stun resistance at lvl 7

Rest of the defender skills are just fine no more dual wielding but u get 15% stun resistance which is huge and an additional 20% if you are +10 (and the stun deals magic damage like marea's hammer or strike bash)

This also indirectly buffs dex guards who dont dual wield a buff to invoke could see dex guards making a comeback as well.
    Now before you rage QQ omg no nurf templarzz think about it for a minute. Two of the classes you just listed as needing help (warlocks and dex guards) have skill sets that benefit greatly from their respective stats and not so much from +attack. If the only scrolls were alm scrolls...guess which classes just got help.

Basically it would just lower the ceiling on dps a bit, so the builds that tend to be in the basement right now are at least a little less far behind. Perfect fix for everything? Nah...but it would certainly make things a lot more balanced. But again...it'd never happen because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I hear what you are saying but thats not a strong enough change for warlocks and crit blow is the 30% scroll for dex guards.

I would much rather see better stat only rings (think: Eurdrome ring with 100 dex 50 vit 50 str for example) to make dex guards stronger with the bless shield change that I proposed earlier. As far as warlocks go............. the skills are not strong enough to deal with the high health and health recovery of the average player I think all skills should deal a % of max HP as a base then apply a %age of int but some number crunching has to be done first.

Need help? PM me