+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    You can't base this decision off of lower lvl play. You have to balance for endgame.
    Yea, plus levelling a char at low level is kinda easy once you reached level 50. Once you have all your chimeras, using 22% hp abs and +100 vit on weapon guarantees you not to die. Or 22% mana abs and solo euphoria if you're a templar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
    well they could also make them usable for pve for a full effect and maybe half for pvp, or less since endgame pvp does matter. idk just a thought
    Nonono you don't need 50% hp stone to level. I mean I level already at upper at lvl 65-70, the 22% hp abs does the job as well as full vit chimera armor.

savage at lvl60 : full vit chimera + full str stone, lion2 + chimera dagger (45% melee, 38% damage drop, 22% hp abs, 35% attack speed, +100 str) and you're good to solo rooms at upper at lvl 65 with pdef scroll and almighty.
    Last edited by OrdinoArcalis; 08-27-2014 at 04:57 PM.

then it looks like dekans and other full vits might be the only ones who benefit from those 50% hp stones lol. i dont look forward to getting w/Dffs XD

Would be nice if they stacked for ran but really I just want to craft those spirit stones because it gives me something to do.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

...so you had to pick your focus stat and sacrifice other stats. So a vit dekan couldn't also have melee attack etc. Temps have always hit hard but they used to have to sacrifice in hp/vit/pdef before the additional boss drops and then rings with all stats and upgrades and epics were added which kept things a little more balanced. You had to focus a particular stat for the character or build you were going for.
    Which is exactly how balanced gameplay should be. Each class having its most useful build. Full dex guards and agi dhans crit hard. Full int temps hit hard. Vit dekans ffs hard. Str dhans dp pp hard. Vit defenders tank like nobody's business. Each pure build has its strength. What ends up ruining that balance is adding high all-stat and all-attack bonuses that allowed these pure builds to enhance other attributes (most notably HP). Frankly if you are building a dps char, you should not reasonably be expected to tank. If you are building a tank, you reasonably should not expect to be able to inflict heavy damage. Once you toss in boss drops with all stats and all attack boosts, you flush that whole idea of balance down the crapper. If a player really wanted to play more than lone stat, there has always been the hybrid builds (a hybrid guard was hella fun to play). How may here plays a hybrid build anymore?
    “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

EliteGamers - http://www.elitegamers.ca

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
    then it looks like dekans and other full vits might be the only ones who benefit from those 50% hp stones lol. i dont look forward to getting w/Dffs XD
    Yup, vit dekans are going to be the problem once again.

If you are building a tank, you reasonably should not expect to be able to inflict heavy damage.
    Vit dekans...

Quote Originally Posted by GodsRage View Post
    Which is exactly how balanced gameplay should be. Each class having its most useful build. Full dex guards and agi dhans crit hard. Full int temps hit hard. Vit dekans ffs hard. Str dhans dp pp hard. Vit defenders tank like nobody's business. Each pure build has its strength. What ends up ruining that balance is adding high all-stat and all-attack bonuses that allowed these pure builds to enhance other attributes (most notably HP). Frankly if you are building a dps char, you should not reasonably be expected to tank. If you are building a tank, you reasonably should not expect to be able to inflict heavy damage. Once you toss in boss drops with all stats and all attack boosts, you flush that whole idea of balance down the crapper. If a player really wanted to play more than lone stat, there has always been the hybrid builds (a hybrid guard was hella fun to play). How may here plays a hybrid build anymore?
    Yup yup yup
    Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Emanoela - 110 Priest - Forever! Rosemud - Ranger Guild Wars 2
    Lark - 108 Predator - Forever! Jalliel - Mesmer Guild Wars 2
    ~Robert Frost

Banned
    Actualy if ffs/dffs/wffs was str or int based damage the problem would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinoArcalis View Post
    Yup, vit dekans are going to be the problem once again.

Vit dekans...
    Maybe, maybe not, there have been changes to skills since then. Priests have mdef aura now, wffs was nerfed, etc.
    Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Emanoela - 110 Priest - Forever! Rosemud - Ranger Guild Wars 2
    Lark - 108 Predator - Forever! Jalliel - Mesmer Guild Wars 2
    ~Robert Frost

Banned
    Maybe, maybe not, there have been changes to skills since then. Priests have mdef aura now, wffs was nerfed, etc.
    We're going to see that soon. But you gotta take in account all the ticket +100 allstats (star of victory) and +10 conqueror level...